🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

mis sold loan by broker, who is responsible?

Options

Comments

• David301
    David301 Posts: 234 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2015 at 6:45AM
    Options
    So if a person wants a loan and gets turned down from the usual places, then goes to a broker who looks into the situation and says "yes i can get you a loan, but you will have to self certify and the lender will want to put a second charge on your home" and then the person signs the paperwork probably knowing full well that the loan was going to be very difficult to maintain without any of lifes usual hiccups. This is everyone elses fault but the person who signed?

You really have not explained yourself well from the very start of your post, You started being concerned about yourself, then it is not you, it is others, all with absolutely no usable information for anyone to assess the situation.

As you said when you posted before on your other thread

"Any help greatly appreciated as am struggling and worried as how this loan will end as am still in arrears of charges" .

"No,missed a few payments a while back which where quickly paid and now up to date on loan but in arrears of charges . The loan has been a struggle from the start and believe was miss-sold as was vulnerable at the time as loan was for making house and garden safe for disabled son and was in hindsight all to easy . Know it has to be paid back and has been for several years but wondered if miss-selling gave me any leverage in getting a better deal from Swift"

You have basically took out a loan that you couldn't afford, fallen into arrears, realised that the deal you have is long and very costly and it is weighing on your shoulders. You would be far better asking for advice on how to make it cheaper for yourself than banging on about how you are a martyr for others. Many on here give good advice everyday on how people can save thousands on loans, not on how to weasel out of them
  • AIKI_2
    AIKI_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you David , you have highlighted all that is wrong with people on this but are you in the real world , THE question was are loan companies in any way responsible for mis selling by a broker ? Now let,s just say yes the broker did mis sell , that is a yes or no answer and then you build the why do you think , when and precedent,s . Hardly rocket science . What you get on this is character assassination , I,m alive so hardly a martyr not yet anyway .
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Weren't you given a yes or no to the question earlier on in the thread.
  • AIKI_2
    AIKI_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Not another one ! Why would anyone give there detail,s when they are being judged , tried to give a story , judged more , yes some gave informed post,s but surrounded by strangely hostile post,s some from just inadequate fools . Yep that make,s you want to give all your detail,s when everyone and there granny know,s that these forum,s are full of people who work for the loan companies who constantly like each other to up there profiles and seem credible . mmm i,m scratching my chin in a sherlock holmes way sorry don,t have a violin .
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You think you've been missold. The general consensus of the posters on this thread is that you weren't missold but took a loan out that you couldn't perhaps afford to repay. Never the twain shall meet so is there any point continuing this thread?

If you think you've been missold then take your case to FOS.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    AIKI wrote: »
    Not another one ! Why would anyone give there detail,s when they are being judged , tried to give a story , judged more , yes some gave informed post,s but surrounded by strangely hostile post,s some from just inadequate fools . Yep that make,s you want to give all your detail,s when everyone and there granny know,s that these forum,s are full of people who work for the loan companies who constantly like each other to up there profiles and seem credible . mmm i,m scratching my chin in a sherlock holmes way sorry don,t have a violin .

Wouldn't your energy be better spent dealing with your loan than coming on here every now and then to berate us for not telling you what you wanted to hear?
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    What a pointless thread!
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options

I don't think I've ever read a post on this forum which oozes as much sorrowful, doleful, woebegone terminological inexactitudes as this one.

The OP has consistently refused to give a single reason why the loan was mis-sold beyond stating that the broker was a 'bad un', preferring instead to berate members of this forum who have consistently given good advice to many who have sought their help over many years. But to state that this forum is full of people who work for the loan companies is a new one, even to me!

It is now evident that this OP has just not received the information that he wanted to hear, and hopefully will proceed to some other site and annoy them instead. Whilst there, he will be able to team up with all those other fly-by-night posters who come on here, don't hear what they want to hear, and scurry off elsewhere to find someone who will support their daydreams and flights of fancy. Maybe he should book a cruise on the Ship of Fools, take out a loan to pay for it, and then seek further advice on how the loan was mis-sold because he always gets seasick

Fortunately, he will not be missed. Neither will his appalling use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

On forums you always have to weed out the good advice from the not so good advice.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    jjgold wrote: »
    he had a simple question and not one person could answer it and just tried trolling him
    this is a sad forum

And to repeat for the umpteenth time, he hasn't yet told us why he thinks the loan was mis-sold. If we don't know, we can't help.

Simples!
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport