🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ Part 75

Options

Comments

• Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    I drove down a set of steps once :eek: can't remember the name of the little town but in NE Scotland. I'd never been there before and I drove out what I thought was the exit to the car park I was in......BUMP :rotfl:
    Once I was on them I just had to keep going :o:o:rotfl::rotfl: Was in my Dads car and not long passed my test. I was absolutely terrified that I'd damaged his car :o Luckily no harm done and I never did tell him about it :A :o

Oh bless wonder where that was. This is not his first rodeo ! We went on holiday to Killin at a lodge place. Was a christmas gift from his folks. It was snowing in his defence, he drove down to the lodge, except it wasnt a road.

He couldnt get back, Banana to the rescue again, shoving the car back with my backside. And he's the weight lifter

see a pattern forming here ?? :cool:
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That kind of comment just goes to show that your more interested in yourself than what's going on around you. I bet if the fire stations closed in your local area you'd have something to say.

Typical bloody Tory, don't care unless the cuts are actually hurting them. :(

Please BTS stop it, we all empathise with the closure of fire stations, hospitals, schools etc- we all have a need for them but there is no need to carry on with your views as strongly as you do and to be over zealous with your opinions. If you have been hurt in the past by not speaking out here is not the place to start, if you have a problem with that then perhaps you need to rethink your posts before writing them and the mood on here and towards you will improve.
  • Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice new thread. Thank you Chrisv :T
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    Bananababe wrote: »
    Oh bless wonder where that was. This is not his first rodeo ! We went on holiday to Killin at a lodge place. Was a christmas gift from his folks. It was snowing in his defence, he drove down to the lodge, except it wasnt a road.

He couldnt get back, Banana to the rescue again, shoving the car back with my backside. And he's the weight lifter

see a pattern forming here ?? :cool:

That's taking the old saying at face value

Behind every great man........:D

Well my day has been totally re-arranged by the car goings on. I was expecting it back this afternoon and planned my day around it. Now it won't be ready until tomorrow when I've arranged to be else where. Typical.

I think I'll go and potter in the garden for a bit before the school run
  • Bananababe
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    That's taking the old saying at face value

Behind every great man........:D

Well my day has been totally re-arranged by the car goings on. I was expecting it back this afternoon and planned my day around it. Now it won't be ready until tomorrow when I've arranged to be else where. Typical.

I think I'll go and potter in the garden for a bit before the school run

Im still at work so dipping in and out of here. I probably wont be around rest of week much so try and behave yourselves ! xx
  • Sir_Dodgy
    Sir_Dodgy Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    C&C from yesterday afternoon v T and on old apg.

1 x ASDA Shades Toilet Tissue White (4) £1.75 £1.00
    1 x ASDA Free Range Medium Eggs (12) £1.75 £1.75
    2 x ASDA Chosen by You White Finger Rolls (6) £1.30 £1.00
    1 x Golden Acre Fat Free Quark (250g) £0.96 N/A
    2 x Pepsi Max (8x330ml) £4.36 £4.00
    1 x Robinsons Double Concentrate Orange Squash No Adde... £1.98 £1.87
    1 x Robinsons Double Concentrate Apple & Blackcurrant ... £1.98 £1.87
    1 x Vladivar Classic Vodka (1L) £16.50 £16.00
    2 x Kingsfood Hot Dog Sausages (8 per pack - 400g) £0.98 £0.98
    1 x The Lincolnshire Beetroot Co. Pickled Diced Beetro... £0.75 N/A
    1 x The Lincolnshire Beetroot Co. Chilli Diced Beetroo... £0.75 N/A
    1 x ASDA Shades Toilet Tissue White (9) £2.97 £2.00
    1 x ASDA Red Onions (4) £0.87 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Conchiglie (1Kg) £0.98 £1.20
    1 x ASDA Pink Lady Apples (4) £2.00 £2.50
    1 x ASDA Strawberries (700g) £2.50 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Oven Cook Potato Lattices (600g... £1.00 £1.09
    1 x Udi's Gluten Free Strawberry Toaster Pastries (5x5... £2.95 £1.00
    1 x Udi's Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Toaster Pastries ... £2.95 £1.00
    1 x Canderel Sweetener (75g) £2.00 £2.00
    1 x Radox Feel Revived Handwash - Mandarin & Lemongras... £1.90 £0.85
    1 x Radox Feel Energised Handwash - Key Lime & Pepperm... £1.90 £0.85
    1 x Radox Feel Uplifted Handwash - Pink Grapefruit & B... £1.90 £0.85
    1 x Radox Feel Enchanted Handwash - Oriental Lotus & O... £1.90 £0.85
    1 x Radox Moisturising & Antibacterial Handwash - Cham... £1.90 £0.85
    1 x Radox Nourishing & Antibacterial Handwash - Shea B... £1.90 £0.85

Comparison total (compared products only) £56.85 £44.36

Shades 4 and 9 working. As are UDI's and Radox
  • logie
    logie Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    Options
    If you can, try an independent shop to get your gait assessed. They'll recommend you some trainers and if they're too pricy, you will have a feel for what you need in other shops :)

Ta, will have a little Google :) Hope all going well with you
    Munqui wrote: »
    I did try some on in SportsDirect and ordered from the website (quidco too ;)) but the sizing was not quite the same, hit and miss sizes maybe? - can't vouch for the quality as have not been out for ages.

It's something I'm trying to get into, but with DS2 being born were in a state of perpetual tiredness :o

Not sure if that helps with your question :rotfl:

I'm going to take a look at the couch5k thing but will need a kick up the harris :rotfl:

Still loads of Morribob's free biscuits around too so need to do something!

We did go to a Sports Direct yesterday but there was a lot less choice available and my toddler was getting grumpy so I left thinking I'd check online. They did have a little area where it said they could check your arches? Perhaps I'll head to the shops again tomorrow when my Sis is having DS2.
    I'd heard lots of good things about the C25K app but still didn't believe it'd work for me. I'd had it installed on my phone since New Year but only just braved starting it because of the weather. I'm determined now though to keep up. Was out yesterday morning before 8am and have run in the rain too. The feeling of completing each run is definitely addictive :D
    ellie79 wrote: »
    Logie...

Have you a parkrun in your area? I've been running nearly a year and could only manage a couple of minutes at first but now run the 5k every Saturday :j
    As for trainers, I got a good deal on asics on Amazon (about £20!!) And see a of of runners in these. Hth :)

Funny you should mention park run. I saw last week that they are planning to start doing one not far from me :) Would be brilliant to have something to aim for at the end of the C25K sessions
    ♥ Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles.... it empties today of it's strength ♥
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well im back from work, im putting the kettle on who wants to join me, I still have plenty of biscuits but no cake:coffee::)
  • Bananababe
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Well im back from work, im putting the kettle on who wants to join me, I still have plenty of biscuits but no cake:coffee::)

That would be lovely. Just milk , I'm sweet enough :rotfl:
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    thanks chrisv for the new thread....
    I've been shopping,absolutely nothing to report...except T was very busy and clearly the wrong time to shop...
    I managed to use a conditional spend,but only after loading in a few of the ciders/beers in the 3 for £5....and it ended up such a muggle that according to T they were cheaper by £1.32....I haven't had that type of till spit for months!!!!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family