🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ Part 75

Options

Comments

• Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Yes it's the one I use all the time. He's also a friend. He gets a lot of business from us so not in his interests to rip me off :o
    It was just a shock. I knew the handbrake needed looking at but the back brakes need doing too. And something about drums? and calipers? which means nothing to me at all! :rotfl:

Hey ho. I've had my day ruined by worse.....:o

Hopefully that it for you this week. Glad yesterday went well x

My silly husband drove right over a barrier kerb in the car park at the shop last night. front half of car of one side back on other.

I was confused to why he had A went to drive through the space ( I hate that) and B why he didnt even get out of the car to check it ! He coulda burst the sump or anything. But he doesnt do car stuff I do the car stuff. I had to push him back over whilst he was reversing. He had planned to go right over !!!!!!:eek::eek:

Checked underneath he got lucky although not sure if wishbones gone cause it doesnt feel right.

And this is the guy who wants a lotus :eek: I'll buy him a fiat panda 1999 plate !
  • Mumto2monkeys
    Mumto2monkeys Posts: 4,995 Forumite
    Options
    Dippydoo wrote: »
    how about a cheap bottle of clear nail varnish ?

Great suggestion I will give that a try, if ive not got clear I've got loads of colours I never wear. Very :money: thankyou
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread.

And thanks to ROCKYROSE and ANON for your assistance with the Olay. Went to Sada and they don't sell Olay wipes. Oh well. It's all good.

Have a good afternoon all.

PS. Loads of reduced shelf edge labels at Boots in the men's section. Items included Fish hair care and various other brands.
  • Munqui
    Munqui Posts: 3,439 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I think you can have 16 pack Disney plasters vs £1 today. I'm off to do 'my' "price collection", so you know what that means - prices due to change on the system soon.

:wave:

Good luck with the collection

for what it's worth, I had jaffacakes 24 box 99p in my store :)
    #CHEEKY :cool:
  • dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay, new thread
    Thanx Chris :T
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    Bananababe wrote: »
    Hopefully that it for you this week. Glad yesterday went well x

My silly husband drove right over a barrier kerb in the car park at the shop last night. front half of car of one side back on other.

I was confused to why he had A went to drive through the space ( I hate that) and B why he didnt even get out of the car to check it ! He coulda burst the sump or anything. But he doesnt do car stuff I do the car stuff. I had to push him back over whilst he was reversing. He had planned to go right over !!!!!!:eek::eek:

Checked underneath he got lucky although not sure if wishbones gone cause it doesnt feel right.

And this is the guy who wants a lotus :eek: I'll buy him a fiat panda 1999 plate !

I drove down a set of steps once :eek: can't remember the name of the little town but in NE Scotland. I'd never been there before and I drove out what I thought was the exit to the car park I was in......BUMP :rotfl:
    Once I was on them I just had to keep going :o:o:rotfl::rotfl: Was in my Dads car and not long passed my test. I was absolutely terrified that I'd damaged his car :o Luckily no harm done and I never did tell him about it :A :o
  • Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more :( people have been more than tolerant over the past couple of days. Insults and name calling is taking things too far.

He seems to be getting the last few shots in before PPRd again. I didn't remember him being like this. But I haven't seen any of his posts since he was actually banned. I remembered a guy who went on the bus and posted all his bargains. A man who made me laugh and a golden army of teddy bear lindts. But maybe I am able to block out the bad stuff.
    Maybe his written word is more familiar to facebook or other forum places.

xx
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Back from Mr A. I've bought items in the 3 for £4.

I notice my Sanex Bath Foam is a completely different type of bottle to the previous ones, after checking again that I have bought the Bath version and not the Shower Cream - it would have been a huge :o:o again if I had bought the wrong items. The previous bottle I had is 650ml. I notice the bottle now is marked "New!" - the product appears to be decribed the same as the previous one - Dermo Sensitive Bath Foam Normal to Dry Skin with some 'magic' Dermo 3 that probably serves merely to get people to buy it when any bog-standard bath wash would work exactly the same way (:eek: - how can I say that?) - but I notice that the ingredients are now slightly different, so that no-one can say the Sanex bath foam is the same as it was before. Nonetheless, I note that the 650ml product does not now appear to be available anywhere at all, whilst this "New!"(:() product seems to be the only one available - I note it is 500ml and therefore we have to get 500ml rather than 650ml.

I think mine were 500ml the last time they glitched too (as that was the point at which they changed over - or downsized - to the New packaging!). When I say last time, of course I cannot remember exactly when - sometime last year when I last got "a few" :).

Anon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Chrisv.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That kind of comment just goes to show that your more interested in yourself than what's going on around you. I bet if the fire stations closed in your local area you'd have something to say.

Typical bloody Tory, don't care unless the cuts are actually hurting them. :(

BTS I'm very disappointed in your continued behaviour, why sink so low and make personal attacks on an individual. You did promise not to bring politics onto the new thread but you just can't stop yourself.

Are you waiting for MSE to pull the plug, is that why you are cintinuing in this way? You see the people you are being nasty towards are better men, they are not biting back and I guess that's what winds you up even more.

Don't let yourself sink any lower BTS, go quietly and end the upset now please
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport