MSE News: Barclays launches reward scheme for current account users, but other banks

Replies

• Archi_BaldArchi_Bald Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you add a comma, it could read

You can get the Mortgage Loyalty Reward on any new residential mortgage or residential re-mortgage you take out, after you've joined Barclays Blue Rewards

But even without the comma, it does not say that existing mortgage holders do not qualify. It just says that if you take out a new mortgage or re-mortgage, you will get the reward.
  • ColdIronColdIron Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure which is the right statement, but this one seems pretty unequivocal

If you already have a mortgage or home insurance policy with us, you won't be eligible for these rewards until you renew, take out a new policy, rate switch, borrow more, move house or re mortgage from another lender

Can't copy & paste it

Once you log in click the Explore Barclays Blue Rewards button
    Click How it works
    Click Offers within Barclays Blue Rewards

6th paragraph
  • ColdIronColdIron Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    To help anyone else looking for that statement, the 'Explore Barclays Blue Rewards' button has disappeared from my screen but the page it took you to can be found under the 'Barclays Blue Rewards' link in the 'Open or apply' section on the right hand side of the screen
    9.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just taken some screenshots when logged into online banking - they are undoubtedly contradicting themselves.

fjq3nt.jpg

54dbk.jpg
  • JesseJames_2JesseJames_2 Forumite
    320 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I can smell a few goodwill payments being made here with that contradiction, especially if they refuse the £5 mortgage bonus.
  • dmaidmendmaidmen Forumite
    28 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    grumbler wrote: »
    Are you saying that a new account was created as a result? Is this not supposed to be an 'add-on' for an existing account?

It's called a "Rewards Wallet" but its shown under the "Your accounts" section of the App. It doesn't have a SC/AC# so it's not a bank account itself afaik.
    9.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    JesseJames wrote: »
    I can smell a few goodwill payments being made here with that contradiction, especially if they refuse the £5 mortgage bonus.

I agree, and I hope those with Barclays mortgages will update us in due course.
  • anoncolanoncol Forumite
    982 Posts
    dmaidmen wrote: »
    It's called a "Rewards Wallet" but its shown under the "Your accounts" section of the App. It doesn't have a SC/AC# so it's not a bank account itself afaik.

When you make a payment it's possible to get the sort code account number for it.
    28 Posts
    anoncol wrote: »
    When you make a payment it's possible to get the sort code account number for it.

Dunno, imagine you need to transfer from the reward account to normal account.
    28 Posts
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    I agree, and I hope those with Barclays mortgages will update us in due course.

I just received an email from Barclays. It says:
    a Mortgage Loyalty Reward for holding or taking out a residential mortgage with us.

and
    The Mortgage Loyalty Reward amount and eligibility conditions may change during the term of your mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides