MSE News: Barclays launches reward scheme for current account users, but other banks

Replies

• Dizzee_RebelDizzee_Rebel Forumite
    77 Posts
    pinkdalek wrote: »
    Sounds too complicated and a lot of hoops to jump through for very little.

Not really... £48 a year to:

• Move £800 in & out once a month
    • Pull £1 per month to my Paypal
    • Set up my Tesco Internet Saver to automatically pull £1 per month

Once internet saver is set up, it'll probably take 2 minutes every month moving the £800 and sorting the DD to Paypal

It would be rude not to...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it saves anyone some time, you can set up a recurring PayPal payment for 1p a month by direct debit from this page:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick-subscriptions&business=YOUR%40FRIENDS%2eEMAIL&lc=GB&item_name=Pay%20Bill%201p&no_note=1&src=1&a3=0%2e01&p3=1&t3=M&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dSubscriptionsBF%3abtn_subscribeCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest

replacing YOUR, FRIENDS, and EMAIL with the first, second, and third bits of a friend's email address that has PayPal. (The address above would send the payment to [email protected])
  • edited 22 April 2015 at 1:22PM
    RedDwarf82RedDwarf82 Forumite
    147 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 22 April 2015 at 1:22PM
    benjus wrote: »
    There's no monthly fee. I have not selected any paid-for add-ons.

Interesting. One way to get it is through "An annual gross income paid into a Barclays current account of £75,000+" (The quote is from the website, I have not read the T&C yet).

Has anybody with an income under £75K tried with simply a monthly ~£6,000 transfer in and out?
  • Not really... £48 a year to:

• Move £800 in & out once a month

Once internet saver is set up, it'll probably take 2 minutes every month moving the £800 and sorting the DD to Paypal

It would be rude not to...

That sounds like standing orders though. Not sure you can set up one of your own accounts to pull money from another of your own accounts (which would be a direct debit). You can only tell one of your own accounts to send money to another one - and that's a standing order. This offer needs direct debits.

Will get this set up for my wife as she still keeps her main account with Barclays coz she wants to be able to go into a branch. Will then put this in the loop of £1000 that cycles around the other seven accounts to get the best interest. Then job done.
    “Operator! Give me the number for 999!"
    :cool2::question:
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like standing orders though. Not sure you can set up one of your own accounts to pull money from another of your own accounts (which would be a direct debit). You can only tell one of your own accounts to send money to another one - and that's a standing order. This offer needs direct debits.

Will get this set up for my wife as she still keeps her main account with Barclays coz she wants to be able to go into a branch. Will then put this in the loop of £1000 that cycles around the other seven accounts to get the best interest. Then job done.

Personal DDs are easy to set up
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

inittogether, you may think those sound like standing orders, but you'd be wrong.

Paypal works via DDs and Tesco savings accounts (and several others out there) work using DDs. The beauty of using a savings account that can DD from your current account is that the DD'd money is still yours... And you can meet the T&Cs of current accounts that need DDs using them.
  • mrchaglemrchagle Forumite
    578 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to find via the Barclays App how you add this Blue Point feature to the account... anyone?
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
  • numbers123numbers123 Forumite
    47 Posts
    mrchagle wrote: »
    I'm trying to find via the Barclays App how you add this Blue Point feature to the account... anyone?

Has your mobile app been updated in the last few days? The new feature can only be seen when the latest update has been applied. On the 'home' screen, under Account Management the fourth option is 'Blue Rewards'. You click that and then follow the instructions.
  • dmaidmendmaidmen Forumite
    28 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    mrchagle wrote: »

I managed to sign up on Android using version 1.20 of the App. I now have a "Barclays Blue Rewards" account listed as well as my current accounts and mortgage.
  • mrchaglemrchagle Forumite
    578 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Yes sorted. Me too got another Blue Rewards Account listed
    Needed to update my App.
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides