We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Welcome to the Milestone Inn!

Options

Comments

• Hopelessly_Addicted
    Options
    Well done to you guys for working on your debts, and best of luck with paying them off. Keep going (^_^)
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Joining in, love an archers and lemonade, yes its only 11am but who cares :D My milestone is achieving over £100 in emergency savings that is genuine emergency and not needed for anything :) Still a long way to go with the rest of my debt and goals but nice to achieve something.
  • Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant milestone-ing people! Cheers!
    I have a surprise milestone of my own today - debt just dipped under 9k (only by a smidgeon but still!) I wasn't expecting it but just got all my numbers in for the month - it's really cheered me up as am just about to have to drastically reduce payments for a couple of months and have been feeling really down about it so perfect timing and I will have an irish coffee and a large biscuit...
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Mysteek
    Mysteek Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done Karen! You deserve 2 large biscuits :rotfl:
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years[STRIKE] £46,400[/STRIKE]£34,295 PAID £12,105
  • Karen777
    Options
    Mysteek wrote: »
    Well done Karen! You deserve 2 large biscuits :rotfl:

oh ok.... if you insist :)
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Karen777 wrote: »
    Brilliant milestone-ing people! Cheers!
    I have a surprise milestone of my own today - debt just dipped under 9k (only by a smidgeon but still!) I wasn't expecting it but just got all my numbers in for the month - it's really cheered me up as am just about to have to drastically reduce payments for a couple of months and have been feeling really down about it so perfect timing and I will have an irish coffee and a large biscuit...

:RAnd your thread got debt free wannabe chat of the week in mse weekly email..well done Karen..:T
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Karen777
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    :RAnd your thread got debt free wannabe chat of the week in mse weekly email..well done Karen..:T

oh wow! *frantically dusts and hoovers the bar and covers all the inebriated punters in tablecloths*

:beer:
  • SierraDelta87
    Options
    Hello, newbie in the house!
    I've been a long time lurker and my milestone is finally starting to tackle my debts. So far I have: managed to clear all the interest paying balance on my MBNA card and a chunk off my Barclaycard (I've done this by putting it to a 0% BT until April 2018, giving me plenty of time to clear other debts off), got 149.00 back from Experian and am switching my bank account to get £125. I have also applied for a one year fix for my electric which will cut my DD down to about 58.00 from 113.00 a month.

I am aiming to pay 100 a week starting from the highest interest paying and working my way down. The balance on my Barclaycard is 2098.52 which I am aiming to have all paid off by October.
    Wish me luck!! :)
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reached a new milestone - only one debt left! However it was the biggest when I started but at least now I can put all my efforts into one debt so it will start coming down quicker!
    Starting again..
  • Karen777
    Options
    well done everyone!! let's have happy hour all afternoon! (cos that's how we roll in the Milestone Inn!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family