We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Comments

• stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Is anyone else getting their antivirus pop up on the new forum? Pretty much every page of every thread I go to I get this from Kaspersky:
    URL:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show<...&gt;

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: phishing web address

Click here if you think that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: heuristic analysis

...and in the detail:
    Application: Google Chrome
    Component: Web Anti-Virus
    Result: Blocked: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5204963 (analysis by using the database of phishing URLs)
    Object: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5204963
    Reason: Heuristic Analysis

Over-cautious AV or something hiding in the new forum?
  • thescouselander
    thescouselander Posts: 5,542 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I like the new layout except for one feature. I keep accidently hitting the "Thank you" button when scrolling on the mobile site. This needs to be fixed.
  • foomanchu
    foomanchu Posts: 77 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    So much wasted space, it's a strain to read the new site with so much gap between topics, text, etc.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound! Car Insurance Carver! Rampant Recycler
    foomanchu wrote: »
    So much wasted space, it's a strain to read the new site with so much gap between topics, text, etc.

That is a very poor aspect of the new design. Endless and unnecessary scrolling in a desktop browser at least.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • cheexy
    cheexy Posts: 465 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    bossymoo wrote: »
    How do you find the "new posts" option? I like browsing what's happening on the forum right now and I can't find it in the new format.

Thanks

I couldn't find anything with the new format. I hope it is gone.
    £47605.33 outstanding in C.C (£8000 Interest free till January 2025)
  • thescouselander
    thescouselander Posts: 5,542 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It seems like the edit post feature on the mobile forum doesn't work - I press the button but nothing happens.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound! Car Insurance Carver! Rampant Recycler
    Things could get missed on this thread, so...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5224895
    email your feedback to us on [EMAIL="forumfeedback&#64;moneysavingexpert.com"]forumfeedback@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] as we'll be collating everything here as we continue to further improve the Forum.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • System
    System Posts: 178,148 Community Admin
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I voted in favour of the new look, but in hindsight, I'm of the opinion that I might have been wrong. It is my intention to revert back.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,148 Community Admin
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 May 2015 at 8:09AM
    In the words of the poet, "whoflippinray"! I'm out. You have no idea how good it feels to be back "in the old days". It's true there is something slightly different and can't put my finger on it, but to have the old layout back is worth every penny and as a moneysaver, that suits me fine.

PS, thanks for giving us the option to revert and stay back. When hotukdeals changed for changing sake, they haven't allowed us to go back, consequently many users have now gone.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Is the "something slightly different" an excess of white space down the sides, or a slightly different hue/brightness to the screen?
    If so, tweaking the forum 'skin' might be of some benefit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.