MSE News: Anglian Water SoLow customer? It's axing the tariff meaning bill hikes

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and still no letter.....great customer service! not
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...... still no letter for us either:cool:
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Returned yesterday to msg from AW to call back on 08009755570 to discuss 'your night tariff'.

Tried 10 mins ago - a nonsense of in and out sound overlays, waited, then cut off.

Just now - 'Anglian Water Collections department. Press 1 to make a payment. Press 2 for anything else.

:eek:Collections:mad:!!!

& pressed 2, at once asked WHY 'Collections'....

No satisfactory answer. 'Are you a Company?'

No.

Data Protection dance - rididulous when people don't even understand what they're mouthing or why.

'Ill get your name removed from our Collections list. Sorry about that.'

&: 'You rang me about a night tariff. So, please tell me about it.' - played msg to him.

Poor chap hasn't any idea why/what etc. but does say I'll remain on SoLow tariff.

'Do you intend writing to me about this?'

'Um, I don't know but I can see you'll be staying on the SoLow tariff.'

THE END.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It probably means the tariff will still be called SoLow until after the phased reductions.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ken68 wrote: »
    It probably means the tariff will still be called SoLow until after the phased reductions.

yes, it is still going to be called the SoLow tariff until it is phased out completely so the name is staying the same until then, only the charges are changing.
  • Jerry_Mander
    Options
    Got a call from Anglian Water yesterday. The lass went through my bills and income and concluded that I was eligible for the full 80% discount on my whole bill. Apparently it varies from 20 - 80% depending on your circumstances. I'll take it I said! :D

So my yearly bill will now be £27 with the discount based on past use down from £40! Mind, I haven't finalised it yet because the CAB have to phone me for the final details and they could reject me or reduce the discount.

Fingers crossed.
  • misty_blue_2
    Options
    misty_blue wrote: »
    Well I have just had a phone call from them regarding their new tariff lite that I applied for
    Breakdown is I am on ESA support group
    DLA high care and mobility
    Rent and council tax
    2 of us in property and on so low tariff at the moment and apparently I am not eligible for new tarrif
    When I asked who does qualify she didn't know
    What a shambles

UPDATE;

After being told i wasnt eligable i emailed to find out who is eligable as the whole thing seemed wrong when the phone call took place

received a call today from them and they went through the whole thing again this time checking after everything was done

it seems that it comes up now as qualifying, although it now goes to the C.A.B for them to ask more questions and decide, but a positive update for anyone who is going through the same process
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2015 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Back last night to further AW msg re:LITE tariff suggesting call of 9 April has NOT been acted upon after all.
    Am I surprised?
    #
    Now this em:
    clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
    Anglian Water LITE tarrif
    Anglian Water Customer Services
    13/04/2015

clear.gifG[FONT=&quot]ood afternoon,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We have recently attempted to contact you regarding you[sic] interest in our new LITE tariff, unfortunately we have missed you at the times we have called. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please call us at your convenience on 0800 975 5574 and quote your account number xxxxx so we can discuss this further.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Anthony [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Anglian Water:mad::mad::mad: Debt Collections:mad::mad::mad:
    [FONT=&quot]#

[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]In view of my previous response, #9, I [FONT=&quot]make one call.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]S[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]till an[FONT=&quot]swered by [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]:mad::mad::mad: Debt Collections:mad::mad::mad:[FONT=&quot], [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]not the way to win friends and influence people.
    'Press 1 for payments, dial 0 for anything else'[so, a change there]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Female voice 'Just confirm your contract [FONT=&quot]account for me.'
    [FONT=&quot]& '[FONT=&quot]Are you asking for my a/c no.? I don't have a contract.'
    [FONT=&quot]AW '[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Just confirm your company [FONT=&quot]account for me.'
    [FONT=&quot]& ' You haven't said anything for me to [FONT=&quot]confirm. My a/c no. xxxxx, is not a company a/c'.
    [FONT=&quot]AW ' Can you confirm your name and d.o.b.?'[N[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT] 'Please']
    [FONT=&quot]& ' I can.'
    [FONT=&quot]SILENCE[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [AW bring worst out in &]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]AW ' Confirm your name and d.o.b.'[Still[FONT=&quot] no[/FONT] 'Please']
    [FONT=&quot]& ' I can, but you haven't said anything for me to confirm yet.'
    [FONT=&quot]SILENCE[FONT=&quot].
    [FONT=&quot]& [FONT=&quot]suggests AW listen to its recorded calls from 9./4, find the[FONT=&quot] one already there. & replays that call and last night's for minion to hear, then requests NO MORE DEBT COLLECTION ems or calls. Sa[FONT=&quot]y[/FONT]s Goodbye [FONT=&quot]politely[/FONT].

[FONT=&quot]T[FONT=&quot]HE[latest]END.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 4$£&*(£$&*(!
    Options
    I escalated this to CCW and they have sent three paragraphs that amount to they can't do anything about this and that's that.

I have asked them if, because we have reached deadlock through AW and CCW, can this matter now be escalated to WATRS which is (at least as far as I can tell) the final route this can be escalated to https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/complaints/
  • hiswitzend
    hiswitzend Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I phoned through to AW to complain about the tariff change however i was told the letter went out weeks ago however i received mine on 28/3/2015.

I was told my bill would rise from £60 to £85 on the new tariff this year, if I wasn't on a meter i would be paying £530 and was told i am still saving.

I added that this was more of an increase then advertised to other customers and was basically told tough luck.
    Mortgage when started: £78,314 :- 10 year fixed till Feb 2019
    Current mortgage (September 2016):£Paid
    Mortgage free day: Feb 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills