We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope is not an Effective Financial Strategy

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Payday :j Paying out day on Monday :(

53p TT this morning. All good for keeping that little bit of momentum going. Looking like approximately a £550 OP month for March. Another month where I'll be £50 down on overall target which is somewhat frustrating however.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Enjoy payday SJ, looking forward to seeing your monthly numbers round up and waiting impatiently for the end of the month so I can post mine; thanks to you I'm now a confirmed spreadsheet junkie :rotfl:
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Spreadsheet junkie...Lucky you!!

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    6%? Ouch. Thought our 4.5% was bad.

Great step with the life coach, hopefully it goes well!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Well the weekend has arrived and have a full day off today...!! 2 weeks of my hectic 6 is now done and i can start to see a flicker of light ahead.

So i started the day with a 50p TT, and was then determined to get some garden jobs done. Done all the prep work then hit a snag for the powerwashing. SO i'm going to do what every self respecting man should do. Namely contemplate with a cup of tea (currently doing so now), then make myself look busy in the garage until Mrs SJ takes the kids to her mums. That will then free up the couch to have a big snooze!

Shhh :shhh:, don't tell Mrs SJ my plan...

• shangaijimmy
    Options
    Well the snooze evaded me! Still i had some success and decided to hoover the artificial lawn instead of brushing it! Inspired decision, great result. Admittedly i hadn't thought about the wider implications of the hoover, whether it would survive, and whether Mrs SJ would be happy to use it in the house afterwards! But hey ho, I'm here to tell the tale!

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well the snooze evaded me! Still i had some success and decided to hoover the artificial lawn instead of brushing it! Inspired decision, great result. Admittedly i hadn't thought about the wider implications of the hoover, whether it would survive, and whether Mrs SJ would be happy to use it in the house afterwards! But hey ho, I'm here to tell the tale!

:rotfl::rotfl:

You could always buy a wee cheapie to hoover the grass if that is the way forward.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

Until Mrs SJ uses it inside the house and the slugs drop out...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Ok so I'll confess... on Saturday night I was in the kitchen with the hoover in pieces as i was removing a blockage! In my defence the blockage was actually caused by a hair clip, so i'm claiming that it was hoovering the lawn that caused me to look for the blockage! Its now working as good as did new! i think i may follow beanies idea and have an outside hoover!

86p TT today, and looking forward to end of months accounts. 1 month closer!

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so I'll confess... on Saturday night I was in the kitchen with the hoover in pieces as i was removing a blockage! In my defence the blockage was actually caused by a hair clip,

So not only is your lawn astroturf, but you have it styled as well..? :eek:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport