PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How I love this forum! It is so comforting that other people have such trouble with their footwear. I always think that the whole world buys their clothes wherever and whenever, always looks just right and elegant or gorgeously casual and it's just me who has to hide their flat feet and treetrunk legs (inherited from dear Dad, along with his pragmatic and stubborn temperament) and battle with thin, fine hair and huge upper arms, (inherited from dear Mum along with her lack of any sense of direction and her ability to write a reasonable sentence).

How comforting to be among friends who are not shy about sharing their imperfections and private battles.

Now.............what about stress incontinence?

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Clench Monna Clench!!! and panty liners!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    avoid stress :D
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Easier said than done Greenbee

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • greenbee
    Options
    I'd certainly recommend keeping off the trampoline...
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    monna ask your GP for a referral to get a TVT. PM me if you like :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Admits I was shocked the other day to read how many women have this (with some multiplying by 2 - as the article was only talking about women) to see what proportion of the population has this.

Think my memory of that is it boiled down to it would be 1 in 7 women if all the population were female. That was with men and children counted out (though I guess there will be some men and maybe a few children with it?).

It was another "Thank god I didn't want children" moment for me - as I have the suspicion that that is what does for a lot of women in that respect. As an onlooker - I confess to sheer astonishment/shock that I don't notice much evidence of the medical profession helping women to "get back to normal" after childbirth and have the distinct impression British women are, firstly, not warned about the possibility of this before deciding whether to have children. Followed by a large amount of leaving women to fend for themselves after childbirth.:shocked:
  • greenbee
    Options
    Don't worry MITSM... in France they take 'getting back to normal' after childbirth very seriously and you get physio to get your pelvic floor sorted (ready for the next round... they pay you more to have more kids too...)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    When I had my two sons,in 1986 & 1988, both times the midwives badgered every female to do their pelvic floor exercises - I always remember one of them sidling up to me in the supermarket and reminding me! I did do those, it was the tummy ones I failed on :o
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    MITSTM did you go off investing from our conversation the other day? Google 4th degree perineal tear repair... and no I wasn't warned it might happen just like I wasn't warned that my little one might die without that quick action (and my signature before any action) see I was pregnant and the NHS did what they could to save her life. They helped me and my baby.

Pregnancy has complications. No one warns you of anything. I take responsibility for myself and learn and research what I need to but thank goodness that the help was there, the midwife contact was there afterwards, the health visitor after that andvalways the GP. You speak of women that have children as if they are ignorant or are reliant on TPTB for correct information. Some women feel the need to be a mum that they would risk their life to give birth... not just risk their health.

Apologies if this looks like it has come from no where, it hasn't and it's apparent that I need to take a break.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure