PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If anyone wants to be inspired there is a post put on by Sara yesterday on her FRUGALINLINCOLNSHIRE blog that is the best bit of common sense I've read in a very long time. It's easy to feel sorry for your situation in life at this cold and dull time of year, if you're wavering about OS read the post, I guarantee you won't be wavering by the time you get to the end. Well said SARA, hats off to you girl!!!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lyn I agree about Ftms post { still think of her as Ftm } I try to read her blog when possible . Such a lovely down to earth and proactive family . The post you mention is a good example of not bemoaning your lot but picking yourself up and doing what you can .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a look at that blog Lyn :) Definitely will be going there regularly :) is it written by an OS-er? There is a poster I remember seeing around a lot who had older children and then a few years later had two younger ones and she wrote in a similar sort of way :)
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
  • mancbird
    Options
    Just seen Pollyanna's post, that's who I was thinking of :) Nice to see how she's getting on. I remember her posts as being very helpful when I was first starting on my OS journey :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes Sara is Flower Tot Mum and she's now home schooling the two youngest tots who are going on famously. I miss her posting here but with the additional time it takes for lessons and the new additions to the grandchildren she doesn't have enough hours in the day to do it all!!! It's lovely to see them all so happy and thriving though, makes me very happy!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the link to Sara's blog, Lyn :)
  • mancbird
    Options
    Being OS is dangerous! Made a pineapple upside down cake and lasagne for tea. Managed to cut my right index finger on the pineapple tin and burn my left handed index finger taking it out of the oven! Tasted good though :j
  • mancbird
    Options
    In other news, we had more logs delivered today :beer: A guy who works at the pub next door also does logs and we got a huge trailer full for £60 :j The garage is FULL of logs and coal now :)

I think my tumble dryer might be broken though :( I posted earlier about it not working the last few days because of the cold. It's been working today but seems to be just blowing cold air out :( We have had it for 7 years now so probably on it's way out :( Can't afford to replace it or even fix it if it is broken! Unless it is something simple my hubby can fix, he's kept our dishwasher going for the last 3 years :D

We are forecast a storm tonight and the next few days have given rain so tomorrow I'm going to go to Trago and pick up a new airer. I noticed the other day they had Addis concertina ones for £4.99 so I will get one of those and pop it in the front room tomorrow as that is where the woodburner is (obviously not near the woodburner!!)

Fuddle now did you get on at school today?
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh mancbird that sounds like a painful dinner, hope you're ok.

Waiting to hear how you got on fuddle, hope you managed to get your point across.

monna, I can see you now as the getaway driver - I'm thinking morris minor?

Went to the docs today about my poorly tummy, being tested for H-Pylori that I've had before and coeliac disease. If neither of these it's probably just something I'll have to put up with but I have some tablets to take anyway. I also had to give what seemed like litres and litres of blood. I was quite proud of myself, I didn't faint!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MANCBIRD I find that even bedding dries overnight on the airer in front of the woodstove, really good to set it up as you go to bed and come down to dry foldable things in the morning. Do you read the FRUGAL QUEEN blog? she has several airers and dries ALL the laundry in front of the woodstove in the colder wetter months, seems to work well. I don't have a tumble dryer, haven't had one for years but I do have a floor standing boiler in the utility room which helps such a lot with the winter washing, the heat it puts out also dries things overnight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure