March 2015- Take Your Lunch to Work Challenge.

Options

Comments

• Samiszel
    Samiszel Posts: 610 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    LTW number 4 today. Finished off the parsnip soup :j
    Letting Go NST #17
    NSD 1/15; LTW 0/9; budget £0/£250; food £5.20/£120; steps 0/31
    Make £10 per day in Oct: £30/£310

Mortgage: £214,702.15
  • Charli38
    Options
    I've not done too well this week, I only work 4 days and bought lunch Mon and Tues. At least I've done 2 this week. Must do better next week as my shopping has been delivered so no excuses
  • scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Todays falafel wrap brings me up to #5. Not sure what to take tomorrow I'm thinking some kind of soup but will have to raid the cupboard and see :):)
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • lilahloo
    lilahloo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Did 5 days this week. 3 days of humous and salad pita. I'd have it again tomorrow if there was any left.
  • milliemummy
    milliemummy Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    5/15 yesterday with salad sandwiches

6/15 today as although I'm at home, lunch will come from the cupboard or the fridge.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SO ANNOYED!! I wrote a long post welcoming the new people, and now its disappeared!

Is anyone else having this problem today, the forum seems to be a bit glitchy?
  • WantToBeSE
    edited 8 March 2015 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Grrr...it posted that, so I'll try again!
    Added everyone to here!

Welcome/Welcome back to marmiterulesok, koselur and mashedavocado.

Everyones lunches sound wonderful, its great that you are all avoiding the canteens, shops etc :) I am on track with 8/31 so far :)

I have been having soups, sushi bowls, pitta and veg, salads, lots of things which use up leftovers really.

I have recently started eating a vegan diet, so am eating a LOT of vegetables, so trying to make them a bit more exciting!
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    How annoying losing a post WTBSE.Did you press the Back Space button?

I haven't been posting my meals,but I am on track,and am now up to #8.

I just don't want to waste any money on unnecessary food or drink spends,so doing the challenge for every day of the month works well for me.

I did fall off the wagon when I moved house last year.Things were quite chaotic for a while.

Otherwise TBH,I've managed to train myself since 2009 (when I had my LBM) to simply stop buying snacks/drinks and take packed lunches and snacks for my break etc to work,a drink and maybe a snack when going out just for a few hours (to town or somewhere else),so it's become second nature really.

You see so many people forking out money every day to buy their lunch etc.It really adds up.If I were doing to same,it would use up my whole grocery budget for the week!So,getting a nice coffee equals the same price as buying yogurt,bananas and flour.It's just not worth it.
    Mind you,when I was younger I did the same.

Good luck with the vegan diet.Were you vegetarian before?I'm also a vegetarian.I've tried being vegan in the past,but found it quite difficult.This was a long time ago though.
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Thanks Marmite. No i didnt press backspace, i was having some problems with posting this morning, but all is OK again now. Although i am copying before i post, incase i then have to paste it back in again.

No, i wasnt vegetarian before going vegan. I was vegetarian for 8 years in my teens, but went back to meat when i was pregnant (i was 20) so have been eating meat again for 15 years. I went vegan overnight after watching Earthings. It had been on my mind to go vegan for about 4 years, as i know it has been proved on many occasions that a vegan diet (as long as its plant based) is very healthy and can lessen the occurance of certain cancers, heart disease, diabetes etc,, all of which run in my family.

I haven't found it too difficult, although i haven't yet attempted to eat out. I think i may just take the vegetarian option in the paces that dont cater for vegans.
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I think it could be tricky eating out,as you say.

I hadn't heard of that film,but have googled it.I learnt over thirty years ago the kinds of things that went on in abattoirs etc,and don't need to see the images again.It's too upsetting TBH.I know that some things have changed for the better,but unfortunately I think that animals will ultimately always be exploited and treated as objects,as long as it serves our needs.

Bravo to you for deciding to make this change.I do admire you.It's something that I sometimes think about trying again myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure