PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd February 2015

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    blimey I was only going to fly for about 1/2 hour, but 2 and 1/2 hours later, I have finally stopped. Things have been scrubbed / dusted / polished / hoovered / folded /oven cleaned as needed................................
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    I missed my dad at the weekend so ended up posting his pressie through the door, text convo with step mum during the day hinted that dads memory is getting a little worse and I need to think about popping round more often if I want it to be easier for him to know me, she didn't mean it in a nasty way at all but God that stung! Spoke to him for a while on the phone yesterday and when he asked how the kids were I said DD2 had a nice bump on her now he's was all sympathetic and asked what had happened. He had no recollection of her being pregnant and thought she'd had a fall of some sort. Have spoken to DH and he's agreed we need to see my parents more, trouble is his mum gets a bit strange about it and acts like they are taking us off her and I'm using her darling sons weekend up forcing him to go over. It got to the stage about a year ago we never now mention that we see them and she doesn't ask.
    Just rung mil, she said at the weekend she got a phone call from Drs saying her colestoral is high so needed an appt she said we would fit it in while having her b12 jab, so I told her to ring today and confirm that's what's happening, now she's telling me that she needs to go back in a month for another test to compare the results, think I need to chat with receptionist when we go down on Wednesday!
    Kitchen is looking better for today's efforts, I need to go and start team now.

Hugs dusty and anyone else who needs them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Hi - think I may get on much better if I actually post the list - had stopped doing it recently.

Have just read the first post and appreciate the change to the format, thanks Dusty and Natty.
    So today I have - not done a lot!!
    Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Basic Flying
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Clear and wipe table
    Wipe the work tops, remove all things which don't belong here
    Clean the sink, drainer and taps
    Deep Cleaning
    Clean out the under sink Cupboard, oh look at all those cleaning products you could be putting to good use this week:D
    Now give the drain a really good clean - who uses what?
    Give anything stainless steel a really good shine - I bet you've just found a product especially for this ;)

Decluttering
    Sort out a hotspot DONE
    Sort out all your vases - are there any to rehome DONE
    Do you have any pet pest control you may need for when the bugs awaken? No pets
    Charge that epilady or warm your wax, it's time to declutter your winter fur.
    Not needed use a silky mitt.

HHI and put away
    Cleared two big shelves in kitchen cupboard and sorted the fridge ready to clean out before big shop.

So that's not much really! Though I have received replacement for the damaged item - as I thought in a far worse state because it has been hanging round a warehouse or van for three days, so that is going back tomorrow. please keep fingers crossed!

Also taken seven bags of donated items to ch shop - another generous neighbour - they are great.

Have a great evening everyone. x
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1 box of stuff flung.
    3xWM
    2xTD
    1xDW

I will make a headway through this hoarder house!!! I have a huge pile delegated to fling.. and it is shifting slowly! I need to sort collection of my chazzer bags though, I have 6 now.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't finished my list but I'm still willing and able. The washing machine and tumble dryer is still chugging away.

I'll carry on in between soaps.:D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bookmarking the thread

Hope all are well
    x
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in - thank you Dusty :A Continued hugs and prayers for you and your mum xx

Monday - Kitchen

Basic Flying

Sweep and mop the floor
    Wipe the work tops, remove all things which don't belong here
    Clean the sink, drainer and taps

Decluttering
    Sort out a hotspot
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm trying to be in with a lot of meetings at the moment and 12 days to go until the show.

Ds2 has an internal exclusion tomorrow.

Dailies done
  • rubiesr4eva
    Options
    Had a lovely day today, spot of shopping with the family, hubby bought me a lovely dress, which was a pleasant surprise, and a lovely lunch out together.

Flying ways I did the kitchen before everyone got up and when I got back from dance, hubby had done all the dining room, including setting the table for tea.

So today's list is :-

3 LOADS OF WASHING

Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Basic Flying
    Sweep and mop the floor SWEPT NOT MOPPED
    Clear and wipe table DONE
    Wipe the work tops, remove all things which don't belong here DONE
    Clean the sink, drainer and taps DONE
    Deep Cleaning
    Clean out the under sink Cupboard, oh look at all those cleaning products you could be putting to good use this week:D NOT NEEDED
    Now give the drain a really good clean - who uses what? DONE
    Give anything stainless steel a really good shine - I bet you've just found a product especially for this ;)DONE

Decluttering
    Sort out a hotspot DONE, LANDING
    Sort out all your vases - are there any to rehome DONE, KEEPING THEM ALL
    Do you have any pet pest control you may need for when the bugs awaken? NOT NEEDED
    Charge that epilady or warm your wax, it's time to declutter your winter fur.
    DID YESTERDAY
    Loving life to the full, just need purse full too :)

2015 GC £561.86 / £3710 Mar GC 0.00 / 280.00
    Feb NSD - 8 Mar NSD - 1
    50p Challenge 2015 - £62.50
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pretty quiet on lots of the forums at present which is hell for my using it as a distraction!
    Had nice lunch with friend and resisted buying any plants at the centre.
    Mr N, as suspected, was tired after his first day at work but was shredding my pruning from this morning when I got back from lunch.
    Continued sorting office and decluttering. I put an old concert programme on eb0y as historically it seemed to indicate £20 which beats recycling. I haven't used eb0y for ages so I've probably messed something up. It said free listing so presumably if I messed up the price and/or it doesn't sell, I won't have lost anything. Nasty feeling I have a whole bag or drawer full of old programmes, don't know if I have the inclination to sell them all although I daresay if this one sells I may be more enthusiastic. I've got a collection (was given trays and record sheets when I was about 10) of pre-decimal English pennies but goodness knows what I'll do with them. Found a couple of sites that would value them, but who to trust? And they weigh a ton. And I won't even start thinking about my collection of polished stones yes you did read that right - an old family friend used to send me stuff from New Zealand - jasper, agate etc actually very pretty and I was interested but now they are all in a mini-3 drawer chest. Maybe I should take up jewellery making. Or just put them all in a dish as a lounge decoration? Does anyone else have really odd clutter or is it just me?

Made progress with the report anyway.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure