The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This was posted on the Alphabetty thread.
    I thought you'd like to see it ;)

daniel-craig-water3.gif
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why bless you Madame Upsidedown Bear, what a lovely start to the day!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I love it. It's payday!
    No direct debits have gone out yet but at least my wages have gone into the new account.
    My electricity bill has gone up by a fair amount (I don't care I had to have the heat on as it's been v cold) and the council tax has gone up (because I didn't call them early enough to let them know I wanted to pay over 12 months). They will sort it out next month. :o
    That's the price we pay for working long hours!
    We break up for hols on Thursday. Plenty of work to do but also a nice trip to London to the ideal home show with my good friends. 3Dogs has done it on the cheap so I am v pleased.:j
  • Brallaqueen
    Brallaqueen Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Options
    Blarg to the news about work redundancies and pay cuts, it feels very unfair that you work harder and get paid less for it. I hope things go as well as they possibly can in your favour. I'm loving the poster inspiration, you have excellent taste in men!
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • savingwannabe
    edited 1 April 2015 at 7:10PM
    Options
    I just made £12.99 from my 3rd fleabay item. Hurrah. Straight to the kitchen fund as soon as I get paid!
    Just amended signature £250 in Christmas and holiday fund and £170 in kitchen fund after payday.
    I'm slow but steady!
    I have just heard some v sad news. Cynthia Lennon has passed away. A lady I admired immensely from afar. RIP our fair lady.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Just arrived back from lovely long weekend in the New Forest and London. We went to the Ideal Home Show. It was not as busy as usual but I saw some lovely things for houses. Lots of hot tubs and beautiful garden sets. V nice!!!!!I have used my Christmas money for spending (bought nothing at the show as it was all so expensive but nice to see for free)so I will be very frugal now.:D

The weather was glorious. I will put all my clothes out on the washing line tomorrow and make the most of the lovely weather.
    Martyn Lewis had a stand at the Home Show but we didn't see him. Linda Barker did a presentation on decorating your kitchen which was not v inspiring at all!
    It is good to be home as I have a while before I go back to work. Tomorrow I am going to scrub house from top to bottom and do ironing and also some marking.
    I do love a holiday.:j
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good to hear you're enjoying your holiday :j
    Maybe Martin wasn't there because he was posting on the Alphabetty thread :D
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68108353&postcount=7656

If you are putting all your clothes on the washing line what are you going to wear? :eek:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hoooray! How lovely. He PM'd me once and was nice to me. That's my claim to fame! Hurrah for Martin.
    Blimey i'll be starkers! Might have to wear a bathtowel.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hoooray! How lovely. He PM'd me once and was nice to me. That's my claim to fame! Hurrah for Martin.
    Blimey i'll be starkers! Might have to wear a bathtowel.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Hurrah for Martin indeed :money:

Starkers :eek: At least the weathers warm at the moment :rotfl::D
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    My ebay buyer didn't pay so I am not as rich as I thought! Still only 12.99 down.
    Weather is still lovely. I have lots of gardening to do tomorrow. Fingers crossed that will mean I can stay in so I don't spend any money!
    Been watching lots of catch up tv. Nothing v much on at the moment.

I feel like I am waiting and I should be doing something to make me more money but I just feel so tired to take on another job. So I am going to enjoy the holiday. I will start marking v soon. Plenty to do.
    Good news no money spent today!:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport