The Happiness Fund. - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

The Happiness Fund.

3K replies 297.2K views

Replies

• Upsidedown_BearUpsidedown_Bear Forumite
    18.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was posted on the Alphabetty thread.
    I thought you'd like to see it ;)

daniel-craig-water3.gif
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bless you Madame Upsidedown Bear, what a lovely start to the day!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. It's payday!
    No direct debits have gone out yet but at least my wages have gone into the new account.
    My electricity bill has gone up by a fair amount (I don't care I had to have the heat on as it's been v cold) and the council tax has gone up (because I didn't call them early enough to let them know I wanted to pay over 12 months). They will sort it out next month. :o
    That's the price we pay for working long hours!
    We break up for hols on Thursday. Plenty of work to do but also a nice trip to London to the ideal home show with my good friends. 3Dogs has done it on the cheap so I am v pleased.:j
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
  • BrallaqueenBrallaqueen Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Blarg to the news about work redundancies and pay cuts, it feels very unfair that you work harder and get paid less for it. I hope things go as well as they possibly can in your favour. I'm loving the poster inspiration, you have excellent taste in men!
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • edited 1 April 2015 at 7:10PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 April 2015 at 7:10PM
    I just made £12.99 from my 3rd fleabay item. Hurrah. Straight to the kitchen fund as soon as I get paid!
    Just amended signature £250 in Christmas and holiday fund and £170 in kitchen fund after payday.
    I'm slow but steady!
    I have just heard some v sad news. Cynthia Lennon has passed away. A lady I admired immensely from afar. RIP our fair lady.
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just arrived back from lovely long weekend in the New Forest and London. We went to the Ideal Home Show. It was not as busy as usual but I saw some lovely things for houses. Lots of hot tubs and beautiful garden sets. V nice!!!!!I have used my Christmas money for spending (bought nothing at the show as it was all so expensive but nice to see for free)so I will be very frugal now.:D

The weather was glorious. I will put all my clothes out on the washing line tomorrow and make the most of the lovely weather.
    Martyn Lewis had a stand at the Home Show but we didn't see him. Linda Barker did a presentation on decorating your kitchen which was not v inspiring at all!
    It is good to be home as I have a while before I go back to work. Tomorrow I am going to scrub house from top to bottom and do ironing and also some marking.
    I do love a holiday.:j
    18.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're enjoying your holiday :j
    Maybe Martin wasn't there because he was posting on the Alphabetty thread :D
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68108353&postcount=7656

If you are putting all your clothes on the washing line what are you going to wear? :eek:
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoooray! How lovely. He PM'd me once and was nice to me. That's my claim to fame! Hurrah for Martin.
    Blimey i'll be starkers! Might have to wear a bathtowel.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    18.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoooray! How lovely. He PM'd me once and was nice to me. That's my claim to fame! Hurrah for Martin.
    Blimey i'll be starkers! Might have to wear a bathtowel.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Hurrah for Martin indeed :money:

Starkers :eek: At least the weathers warm at the moment :rotfl::D
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ebay buyer didn't pay so I am not as rich as I thought! Still only 12.99 down.
    Weather is still lovely. I have lots of gardening to do tomorrow. Fingers crossed that will mean I can stay in so I don't spend any money!
    Been watching lots of catch up tv. Nothing v much on at the moment.

I feel like I am waiting and I should be doing something to make me more money but I just feel so tired to take on another job. So I am going to enjoy the holiday. I will start marking v soon. Plenty to do.
    Good news no money spent today!:beer: