Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

The Happiness Fund.

edited 18 July 2020 at 5:15PM in How much have you saved?
3.6K replies 303.3K views

Replies

• AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well done on Halifax money.

Binoculars sound good for the garden, I hope you use them and take advantage of the view of the birds. It must be really nice.

well done on savings. you are doing well.
    Make upto £10 a day - September 2020 £106.56

Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever. :A

Back to make money in the new Covid19 2020 as we are going to need it!
  • edited 22 March 2015 at 9:57AM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2015 at 9:57AM
    Hello dearest Aesop, How are you? 3Dogs, Andy, Steve and myself are going to your home town on 5th April. Are you free? Just in case anyone thinks I am rich. 3dogs always gets a v good deal on railway tickets and this weekend is my summer holiday! No fancy stuff for me. I am planning to spend £50-70 max and that is it.

So far this kitchen fund is going well. I have also been paying for some work in my garage and kitchen (broken washing machine and leaky pipes under sink from before Christmas) and I am trying to pay for it out of my own money rather than raiding mortgage overpayments.

In the summer hols I will be doing surveys with a vengeance, when I was last on here a few years ago following your suggestions and 3Dogs' I raised enough money to order items from Amazon for Christmas pressies.

I am so fortunate to have kind helpers advice I really do feel I am saving some money.

My friend is also going to start taking me to car boots in a few weeks so I shall look forward to that instead of treating myself on ebay.
    The sun is shining. I am washing clothes like there is no tomorrow.:j Marking awaits however:(

Still only one week and two days till payday!!!!:rotfl:I am nowhere near being overdrawn. I have forgotten that feeling hurrah.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • edited 24 March 2015 at 8:38PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 March 2015 at 8:38PM
    Just transferred £50 into kitchen fund and £50 into Christmas fund and £25 into mortgage fund.

Now how do I stop myself accessing the kitchen fund except when I need it for my kitchen? Decisions, decisions.....

Still it's nice to have to decide where to put money rather than where to find it!!!!!;)
  • Upsidedown_BearUpsidedown_Bear Forumite
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just transferred £50 into kitchen fund and £50 into Christmas fund and £25 into mortgage fund.

Now how do I stop myself accessing the kitchen fund except when I need it for my kitchen?
    Just tell yourself Daniel will be very unhappy if you do :cool: You don't want him to be sad do you?

Well done :j
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hugs, so happy. We are on the way. This might pay for some drawer handles or something. Still it's a start.

I love Daniel Craig...I love Daniel Craig. ..I wonder what his kitchen looks like? (Trying not to sound like a stalker!!)
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea if this is his actual kitchen but I though you'd like the picture ;)

d9d8c7aabde56ee30d3a412b67614060.jpg
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bless you Madame Upsidedown Bear! I am having hysterics here. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

He has more positions than a top of the pops cameraman. The mind truly boggles.:o

Just heard that CPI inflation was 0%. OMG. I think it's deflation :(but the Chancellor is trying to claim all this is expected!
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weekend at last. Bad news being announced at work. Redundancies are being announced and lots of cost cutting. Even if I keep my job I will face a cut in salary. I shall hear more in the next few weeks.

I need to make sure I save enough and don't waste money.

I had a lovely chat with a work colleague that went on a holiday of a lifetime last year and she showed me the most stunning photographs. Luckily I did quite a bit of travelling during my twenties and early thirties so I didn't feel left out. I think that one day I will have a foreign holiday but it is essential that I build up a safety net for the next few years as I don't know what is going to happen in this economy.

It's a bit of a grim time unless you are very fortunate we just have to hang in there I suppose. Having said that I can hardly bleat about poverty as I have a nice house and 2 tvs and a computer and a mobile phone I am not exactly destitute.

Some careful planning is in order and I am sure I can get through this. The economy will improve eventually and things will turn around soon enough.
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( to the news from work.

Yes - sounds like some planning and saving is the best thing you can do now. A safety net is really important.

Hope you have a nice weekend :)
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello petal, it's fine we have been waiting for this for a long time.

I am still pretty happy. I have £5 left for food shopping and I will plan it well!I have 2 full days off. Weather isn't going to be fab though! I will tidy housey and go for walks and chat to all my friends and catch up with tv.

And hurrah payday in a few days!