The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 May 2017 at 7:47PM
    Options
    EEEK I'm not going I've loads of papers to mark. I am staying here and resting voice too. I've just applied for a different current account. If I'm having a salary cut (we all are) I've got to be smart. lol.

Having sandwiches for tea.They approved me within about half an hour????? Maybe they're bored and nothing is on the telly?

Just found out one of my BFFs has had a heart attack. Am ringing her husband but I think he's in hospital visiting her. She texted me to let me know, Ill be visiting her tomorrow after the boys leave.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good news about the new bank account SW but I am really sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she is ok. At least she has been able to text you and is in hospital so hopefully she is on the road to recovery x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello my lovely, Ive just seen the gang off they are on their way to London as we speak. I'm just waiting for the washing to finish and then I will visit my friend.

Ive marking to do and hopefully the builder is coming soon.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend SW, I really hope she's ok.

Otherwise, what a busy weekend you've got lined up; please don't overdo it, remember to pace yourself and stop for tea and naps :)

Sorry to hear about the salary cut as well but as I think I've said before you'll so much better prepared for it than everyone you work with as you are so money-conscious. Which account are you applying for? Are you getting another bonus? Free money is the best kind :)

Sounds like the house is coming along very nicely. What are you going to do with yourself once it's all done??
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 May 2017 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Hello friend is v tired and I am going to see her.

Ive applied for Coop as I will get £110 in 45 days!

As a dear friend Firewalker used to say a house is never done, something is always needing updating. lol. I am hoping it is just gardening and weeding for this year. Someone has asked about renting a room but I am thinking about it.

Builder is here. I've vacuumed but not mopped as it'll be a mess by tonight anyway. Done a second load of washing.

There are workmen all over street as everyone's having building projects done - next door are doing their drive and garden. It looks like a building site and it is usually such a quiet street. It's v noisy with the work going on next door. lol.

Bedroom is almost done. The skirting boards and last bit of laminate were added today. All that needs doing now is lamination in hallway and painting skirting in the bedroom hopefully this will be done next week. Then I can move the furniture back!!!!!

I spent £40 on chest of drawers to replace the one that was taken out of my bedroom from Gumtree. Builder bought it over for me. Total spend £45 today. I have £55 to spend for the rest of the month.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I imagine your house full of chests of drawers SW ;) Sounds like a good buy and good that the builder picked it up for you

I hope that remaining £55 isn't for food as well :eek:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 7 May 2017 at 8:59AM
    Options
    No thank goodness! That's my fun money for the rest of the month!

I'm doing work work today and then getting ready for work! Do you get the feeling things are back to normal......:rotfl::rotfl:

I hope I can do other things too around the housey. We shall see. 3dogs walked for ages yesterday and will need to rest so I will chat to her later in the day. Hopefully my work will be finished by then.

But am starting my day with some catch up tv.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 9 May 2017 at 7:51PM
    Options
    After work I am going to do the washing up and tidy kitchen.

Today I mowed grass and visited ill friend and did some housework for her. Taxi fare spent £11. Am hoping builder will finish v soon and I can move furniture back as Mrs 3dogs and I are juggling drawers on every surface whilst she is visiting and me popping into her room for clothes every morning at the crack of dawn. lol, she is so good natured she never complains.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good on you SW visiting your poorly friend and doing housework for her.
    I bet you will be glad when builder has finished.
    Is your co-op switch going through ok ? I am considering the M&S switch it seems like a good deal

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    The M&S switch was amazing. I didn't really benefit I gave the vouchers to my parents and they were so grateful for them. Go for it it was so good.

Ive applied to Coop but haven't heard a thing other than I was approved. Am waiting for paperwork to arrive???

Work was fine. I did work at home tonight too. Weather was glorious. It was a NSD.

The builder is getting really tired (this week's work really has been a faff and he has tried so hard under difficult circumstances) and I don't want him to get ill so I have said to not rush and to finish the job by next weekend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure