In the Lowest Hour

Options

Comments

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi Sam. I've got two bags of stuff to go on bay of e so after your success think I might just have a go before I start new job.

You've done so well and I'm so happy to have found such great people with fab threads.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 August 2015 at 1:37AM
    Options
    Hi Sam. I've got two bags of stuff to go on bay of e so after your success think I might just have a go before I start new job.

You've done so well and I'm so happy to have found such great people with fab threads.

Tink xx

Good luck with ebay ...definitely worth a whirl i have done 6 months worth and sold at least 150 items ..but i made a few hundred quid that i have put to debts...Brilliant news with the new job ...when do you start?

You should get 20 free listings a month..I worked out that Both sets of Fee's never more than 20 % so say i had an item at £1.99 and it sold for that I put £2.99 minimum postage and packing.
    I took off £1 for fees then £2.80 second class small parcel as near on impossible to post anything really for less than that ..I brought packing from poundland ( 5 bags ) or ebay at about 20p a postal Bag . This way I knew what ever I sold - I would make a minimum of £1 ...things that were good and got bidded over that were bonuses ....nothing worse than selling at a loss...Get proof of posting for everything that you post as in about 6 months I've had 2 buyers try to con me ..but 2 out of 200 isn't that bad so I just took the hit rather than argue it...lol

We will all be here to lend a helping hand where we can...Promise!!!

Plus it is a good time to join us pretty much all of us are on the up in someway in our lives ..Nora, Rosa, MT have become Debtfree ..so have lots of good tips but we mainly just cheerlead each other, eat chocolate or nose in and out of each others lives ....lol . xx

Rosa even lends out her moggie..lol xx
    cat-hug-and-love-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Sam, you sound so upbeat I'm smiling. But did you get enough sleep last night?! Hope so x
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sam, you hoard tins and I hoard jars. I've just thrown them all away now, although I also have some weird shaped bottles that I just can't part with! What's that about? I'm assuming you hoard full tins? In case of a long term famine? :D

So plus one eats, but mostly biscuits? How do so many men get away with that? If I eat biscuits I put on weight really easily!!!! :(

A grocery challenge sounds like a nice plan for you, if it helps you stretch the budget and try more potential plus one loving meals? MTx
  • belleandthebudget
    Options
    You should get 20 free listings a month..I worked out that Both sets of Fee's never more than 20 % so say i had an item at £1.99 and it sold for that I put £2.99 minimum postage and packing.
    I took off £1 for fees then £2.80 second class small parcel as near on impossible to post anything really for less than that ..I brought packing from poundland ( 5 bags ) or ebay at about 20p a postal Bag . This way I knew what ever I sold - I would make a minimum of £1 ...things that were good and got bidded over that were bonuses ....nothing worse than selling at a loss...Get proof of posting for everything that you post as in about 6 months I've had 2 buyers try to con me ..but 2 out of 200 isn't that bad so I just took the hit rather than argue it...lol

I love this organisation - thanks Sam! You may inspire me to get listing some items, yet! :T
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello lovely lady. I hope you're doing ok and not being overly hard on yourself. My finances are laughable at the moment, as is my focus to fix it!

piggy_bank.jpg

Let's commiserate together!
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks for the info Sam. Job starts on 1st so got a week off to get organised and hopeful get some items posted on there.

I've promised MT that my diary will be started tomorrow and I think I will need cheer leaders or a kick up the bum to start with.

Loving the piggy MT.

Take care all.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    #MT I loved that ... lol

Ok ...I am selling my last couple of items remotely worth anything on fleabay ... fingers crossed for a bit of luck.

Plus one wants to take me out at the weekend.. not sure as budget up the creek and would rather stay in and have some NSD.

Payday is next Thursday so only about a week to go...I have plenty of everything except cash .. I have just about enough for work travel .....at the end of the month please can everyone do their best to nag me to claim back my expenses else I'm out of pocket ...:(

Made about 30 on fleabay this month but hopeful I can make this up to £75 at least ....

Next month after I've cleared the bills I have quite a lot left to decide what to do with .....I hope I can stick to paying off a good amount again...as £900 is a bit steep I think I need to readjust that and add a month or two? else i'll be skipdiving like on TV lol
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Thanks for the info Sam. Job starts on 1st so got a week off to get organised and hopeful get some items posted on there.

I've promised MT that my diary will be started tomorrow and I think I will need cheer leaders or a kick up the bum to start with.

Loving the piggy MT.

Take care all.

Tink xx

When your ready ...Set up your diary _party_ _party_:beer:

We will definitely be there ...:j:D
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Dansmam wrote: »
    Hey Sam, you sound so upbeat I'm smiling. But did you get enough sleep last night?! Hope so x
    :j Hope you are good Dansmam ...xxxx:D
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family