We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

In the Lowest Hour

Options

Comments

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Awake again...I think I am suffering debt stress ...:(

Not sure why I don't sleep that well...certainly not feeling bad for my creditors :)

Maybe am just a night owl...
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hope you are ok xcx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Knitting_Nora
    Knitting_Nora Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Awake again...I think I am suffering debt stress ...:(

Not sure why I don't sleep that well...certainly not feeling bad for my creditors :)

Maybe am just a night owl...
    It's quite possible that you really are a night owl. Is it constant? Are you actually tired when you go to bed. Are you making sure you're not going to bed on a full stomach, or too soon after work (when your head is still buzzing)?

In any case, try not to simply lay there when you can't sleep - get up and do something else. I tend to clean cupboards and things. Anything but drive the car or pilot the iron as I don't trust my instincts when I can't sleep! ;)
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Evening all Lovely ladies ...need to shake myself into a new routine.

I borrowed some idea's from other diaries ...:A

Goals

Health - COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
    I can pay my bills :) Good bloomin start ...:rotfl:

Remember to save for the dentist
    Looks at ways to de-stress and start to wake up earlier so not in a permanent state of Moodiness... so commit to a getting up time and stick to it!!

Wealth - ALL THINGS MONEY
    Debts could be worse..Bank account could be better :o

Remember to save for the dentist
    Take things to C4C
    Give up on Fleabay Sales for now as small sales (although Money making) eating away at resting time... Think Health over Wealth

Happiness - YOU + ME = LOVE -OR DOES IT?
    Plus one a distraction from goals as under my feet ...but delicious to look at ;)

Continue DE cluttering even just to make some room for Plus One other than just one half of toothbrush holder :rotfl:
    Make extra effort with poorly friend to make feel loved and valued
    Take note of Mrs Knitty Nora's own goal : that Twirl bites for Breakfast is [NOT] really a good thing long term...:D
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Dansmam wrote: »
    Hi Sam, just dropping in to say you're doing so well - look at those debts coming down. And those bits of spending are well thought out - lovely you to think of the makeup. But fraggle rock pjs? Hmmm:eek:

Hope you are well too :beer:
    🌟
  • Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j
    Dansmam wrote: »
    Hey Sam up late like you, work stressing me out kids,all over and never all here so I can relax (they are all now in their 20 s so I need to get used..) am still resisting the fragile rock pjs.each to their own ...
    Anything is great for breakfast if it's not cereal-based in my book. Tried eggs Benedict? Fab x
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loving your list Sam, it's good to make a bookmark of that page so you can keep referring back to it as we definitely need these little reminders.

Your new avatar is lovely too!

MTx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you should train your writing moths and hire them out. Get them to write poetry and you can make them an art installation :rotfl:

It's fine being a night owl if you get enough sleep - don't fall for the lark's insistence that they are morally superior :D. But if you're waking up grumpy or not sleeping when you want to then that needs fixing.

Quite agree with the small Ebay things btw... thank you for that, motivation for me to pack up the rest of mine tomorrow and get them to the charity shop.

Thank you for the Yorkie choc you left on my diary... here's some sea salt G&B as I have been mostly liking that this week :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Knitting_Nora
    Knitting_Nora Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Take note of Mrs Knitty Nora's own goal : that Twirl bites for Breakfast is [NOT] really a good thing long term...:D
    Obviously, by 'long term' I mean somewhere around a thousand years.... ;)
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Managed to spend £1.20 on Treats !!! Munchies, Aero and Starbust ...!
    Away with work for a day ...spending gone a bit up the wall ...:(

Going to check the purse ... then the bank ... will come back to see how far off track I am ...
    xx
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills