How much do you spend on holiday? I'M BACK AND I DID IT!!!!

Options

Comments

• yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No way is it your fault. Your home should be safe and what right do people have to just enter your property and take something that does not belong to them. They make my blood boil :mad:

ym
  • HI
    Thanks for the welcome banners YM much appreciated:rotfl: !! Sorry didn't post on here sooner but along with unpacking/cleaning the van (oh the joys of camping - and why do we take so many clothes???) I spent 3 hours yesterday evening at casualty with dd who decided skydiving through the patio door was a jolly good sport and now proudly boasts 3 sterrastrips on her chin as a badge of honour lol!!!
    Anyway the holiday where do I begin ...... um :o ..... I kept a diary (how good am I ... or how bored was I ... oops sorry that slipped out) and our total spend including petrol was................. wait for it ............... £356.44!!!! Wow can't believe I did it and do you know it wasn't that difficult but I'm glad I kept the diary because it really is an eye opener where the money goes! What is it with me and supermarkets I seem to spend a fortune in them yet we don't eat like kings .... grr :mad: !
    The holiday on the whole was good it was a shame the weather wasn't kinder but it only rained on the first couple of days :p - it was just gloomy the rest of the time apart from a couple of bright days! But then we were in Wales and really weren't expecting blazing hot sun! The hi-lights would definately have to be Conwy Festival weekend - went to visit the castle and by coincidence there was a festival in the harbour and all three children got to ride pillion on a jet-ski (very fast!) for just £2.50 each .... they loved it and it was such a bargain - plus bonus the jetski club doing it were donating all money to the RNLI how cool is that!!! The castle was a good visit too and only £14 for a family ticket, boys will love it, lots of turrets to climb etc! The next hilight has to be the walk we did to Aber Falls, absolutely stunning scenery and gorgeous waterfall flowing very fast because of all the rain - and apart from £2 parking it was free!! That day we drove out to Snowdon too and boy is it high, but not particularly pretty - anyway we decided against the train (because of work at the summit this year, it only goes 2 thirds up and you don't have enough time to walk to the peak - but no reduction in price - over £50 for us unless pre-booked for the 9am trip then its over £30!) drove half way up to a cafe where one of the walks starts. The Welsh Mountain Zoo is definately worth a visit and surprisingly big we nearly went to Chester Zoo instead but I'm so glad we didn't! Colwyn Bay is quite pretty, Llandudno is very nice and the Great Orme is definately worth a look, we drove up the cliff path which cost £2 and included parking fee at the top! Have to be honest and say Rhyl is definately not our cup of tea and the beaches from there to our site (Park resorts) were not particularly nice and quite a trek to them - I have never seen so many caravans yet so few people!!!! The one day we did venture to the beach it was covered in jelly fish so we didn't stay long! Much prefered Colwyn Bay, LLandudno etc but cause the weather was so poor didn't go on the beaches there much either - lol! On our last day we planned to drive to Bangor however it looked a bit boring and we hadn't found the sun so we decided to drive on to Porthmadog, had a look round there and then drove to Blackrock sands - oh that beach rules - we drove the car on, the sun shined and the sea was clear and sooo warm - felt like heaven!!! But it was a 120 mile round trip!! As a one off it was worth it and we will definately go there again!
    In terms of money saving we had picnics for lunch everyday (1 kfc oops) and I cooked in the evening in the caravan. We had one drink in the club (only went a few times for a couple of hours) and then snuck in drinks for the children - how bad are we :rotfl: :rotfl: !
    Sorry this has become an epic ..... just have to say Wales rocks for scenery and countrside.
    love and hugs
    IDA
    xx
    I stopped smoking 25th June 2007
    STILL Never complacent but confident
    My debt is GOING DOWN!!!!
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi.

Welcome back and nice to see your short posts back again

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Take care

ym
  • :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    You know my motto YM why write one sentence when one hundred will do!!
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • evab_2
    evab_2 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you had a good time, I moved to Prestatyn a couple of years ago and absolutely love it! So much to explore in Wales. Best wishes Eva x
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you had a good time IDA :beer:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh IDA, I'm so glad you're back, I was gonna spill how much I spent but now I'm not :o and my hol was half board :o:o:o :eek:

Good to have you back girl!! :D
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Oh Jo please tell - will it make me mega smug????? lol.
    Have a confession forgot to include petrol there so my total spend was actually £402.44!! Still not too bad.
    Take care all.
    love and hugs
    IDA
    x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Oh I missed this! Glad you managed to go off on your hols after all (how behind am I?) and had such a great time.

I've had some great holidays in Wales too, and I definitely think the best holidays are the budget ones where you picnic in the rain and just laugh a lot!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Tindella_2
    Options
    So pleased it all went well - you deserved your break and looks like you made the most of it! Good luck for the future!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure