We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Deliveries from ShopSignalBooster

Options
13»

Comments

• Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Collabora wrote: »
    he does not need to transfer to a business name he has to declare the Registrant type

which for a .co.uk domain in Ireland would be either

FCORP Non-UK Corporation
    FOTHER Non-UK Entity that does not fit into any of the above

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nope it's FIND - Non-UK Individual (representing self)

If he was then to register as a Corporation or a Entity he would have to declare the name of the business

I somehow don't think you've been doing this for twenty years
    It's not just about the money
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nope it's FIND - Non-UK Individual (representing self)

If he was then to register as a Corporation or a Entity he would have to declare the name of the business

I somehow don't think you've been doing this for twenty years

That is if you are not using the domain for business purposes. he is clearly using the domain for business purposes so he cant have it as Non-UK Individual.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    That is if you are not using the domain for business purposes. he is clearly using the domain for business purposes so he cant have it as Non-UK Individual.
    He can when he registered it as a non uk individual and wasn't a business ......so lets ask the same question for the third time

If at the time of registration the individual has no business or trading name, where does it say he has to transfer the registration into a business name if he wants to keep the registration in his name ?

Whilst were asking questions ....why were you banned when you were on here as Earthstorm ?
    It's not just about the money
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well i guess i will speak to my account manager at Nominet and let them know they have to consult with MSE.

when will people understand MSE is NOT THE LAW
    Nobody said MSE was the law. Those are Nominet's own rules.

BTW Even they are not law. They are the rules of a trading body and no offence is committed if they are transgressed
  • cwoodham
    cwoodham Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks grumbler! The 3 wifi boosting via broadband is working perfectly. I'll get O2 boosting set up later on our other phones.
  • cwoodham
    cwoodham Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    Checked my credit card statement online and note that a payment went out to China on 7th January (the day I ordered the signal booster). Okay I should have done this before now. The transaction amount on the statement (£161.16) was more than on my order (£159.48). I have a copy of the order in Evernote, perhaps just as well.

So it looks like the booster is on its way from China!

The credit card's Retail Disputes department is only open Monday to Friday so I'll call them tomorrow.

Will keep you posted but it looks like I'm going to have to return the package when it arrives, hopefully not to China.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport