Deliveries from ShopSignalBooster

Options
cwoodham
cwoodham Posts: 432 Forumite
Recently bought a dual band signal booster from ShopSignalBooster.com to boost 3 and O2 mobile signal at home.

http://www.shopsignalbooster.co.uk/products/Dual-Band-GSM-900-and-3G-2100MHZ-Signal-Booster-for-100sqm.html

Ordered on 7th January, shipped on 13th but still not received. On the order they say it was sent with TNT but phoned TNT and they don't recognise the tracking code or have any packages coming to me.

The only way to contact ShopSignalBooster is by a contact form on the website. There's no phone number and no address given. So far, they haven't responded to my two attempts to contact them by the form.

Anyone else had any problems with ShopSignalBooster? Should I cancel my Mastercard payment or wait longer?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd cancel it if you don't have it nor if TNT don't recognise the tracking number.
  • Roland_Sausage
    Options
    The site is registered to an individual at a residential address in Dublin. It's clearly a one man band outfit operating from his front room.

Not sure if it's a scam, or the chap has forgotten about his business but I would also be cancelling the payment if he is not responding.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you realise that this booster is illegal to use in UK?

And yes, it's legal to sell them.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    cwoodham wrote: »

The only way to contact ShopSignalBooster is by a contact form on the website. There's no phone number and no address given. So far, they haven't responded to my two attempts to contact them by the form.
    Try dropping the owner an email it's registered to Niall Conway niallaconway@gmail.com
    It's not just about the money
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2015 at 5:13PM
    Options
    also stating he is a 'Non-UK Individual' when he is clearly running a business breaches nominets rules on registration

he should be registered as either of these

FCORP Non-UK Corporation
    FOTHER Non-UK Entity that does not fit into any of the above
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 January 2015 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Collabora wrote: »
    also stating he is a 'Non-UK Individual' when he is clearly running a business breaches nominets rules on registration
    Can a non-UK business not sell goods to UK buyers?

I don't see anything except .co.uk linking this site to UK.
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not really as it depends on the individuals status at point of registration
  • Collabora
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Not really as it depends on the individuals status at point of registration

i sell domains and are both ICANN accredited and Nominet accredited, so am fully aware of the registration requirements and if you are making money from a domain then it has to be registered as such. if he was in the UK he would have to register as a UK Sole Trader.
    In Ireland then he needs to register as one of these

FCORP Non-UK Corporation
  • Collabora
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Can a non-UK business not sell goods to UK buyers?

I don't see anything except .co.uk linking this site to UK.

Yes but he is registered as a 'Non-UK Individual' and not as a business, when he clearly has a business site and making money as a business.

I have no idea why Nominet does not do the same as the USA (you cannot register a .us domain unless you reside in the USA)
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i sell domains and are both ICANN accredited and Nominet accredited, so am fully aware of the registration requirements and if you are making money from a domain then it has to be registered as such. if he was in the UK he would have to register as a UK Sole Trader.
    In Ireland then he needs to register as one of these

FCORP Non-UK Corporation
    If when he registered the domain it was as an individual with no business status as a Corporate or Entity then it was a legal registration.
    If he already had a business and used it to set it up then yes it should have been registered as a corporation or separate entity if they own the domain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport