Is the licence fee worth it? Poll discussion

Options

Comments

• TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    Defiant wrote: »
    No I've never broken the law before in my life but I'm classed as a criminal now because I refuse to pay for other peoples entertainment. Anyway why tell me this your hanging around here too :confused: Do you think single parents getting locked up because they can't fund your favorite broadcaster isn't important ? Don't you think people should have a right to watch true FTA TV without being forced to fund the BBC should be important ?

I think we just have different priorities in life, obviously.

Did I say that they were my favourite broadcaster? Don't think so. Just because I think that the licence fee is a bargain and good for broadcasting in this country generally doesn't mean that I think that the sun shines out of the BBC's ar5e. Now you're the one getting confused.......:rolleyes: :D
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • Defiant_3
    Defiant_3 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    TNG wrote: »
    I think we just have different priorities in life, obviously.

Did I say that they were my favourite broadcaster? Don't think so. Just because I think that the licence fee is a bargain and good for broadcasting in this country generally doesn't mean that I think that the sun shines out of the BBC's ar5e. Now you're the one getting confused.......:rolleyes: :D

omg you think forcing millions of people to pay for the BBC is a bargin :huh: Perhaps you should get out more. The people in this country should have a right to watch FTA stations without paying for the BBC and those who want it should pay for it via subscription
  • TNG
    Options
    FTA is a fallacy anyway. You still pay, through the products you buy that are advertised. They have to get the money back from their advertising budget somehow. Hey hang on, that means that millions of people are forced to pay for YOUR viewing habits. Does that make you a scrounger too?
  • Defiant_3
    Options
    FTA is a fallacy anyway. You still pay, through the products you buy that are advertised.

If someone spent £100,000 on advertising and ythey generate an extra £1 million in sales how exactly has it cost YOU :rolleyes: Your wholesale prices are also reduced because of bulk buying which is thanks to the advertising...

You get any lower trying to defend the mighty BBC and you'll hit the sewers
  • TNG
    Options
    If someone spent £100,000 on advertising and ythey generate an extra £1 million in sales how exactly has it cost YOU :rolleyes: Your wholesale prices are also reduced because of bulk buying which is thanks to the advertising...

You get any lower trying to defend the mighty BBC and you'll hit the sewers

yeah......

right......

whatever.....

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

power to the people, Wolfie.......
  • Defiant_3
    Options
    power to the people, Wolfie.......

Funny thing is he'd be against the establishment forcing everyone to fund your TV too :D

Perhaps one day you'll have to subscribe to the BBC and everyone else will have a choice now wouldn't that be nice
  • impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Options
    !!!!!! business is it of yours ? Christ the sooner these people start paying for he mighty BBC by themselves the better

Just making a money saving suggestion on this money saving site. That she could save money by not leaving electrical appliances on when she ain't there. If she wanted her electricity usage to be private, she wouldn't have posted it on a public forum.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Options
    Even Israel picked Al jazeera over BBC News which should tell you everything

No I've never broken the law before in my life but I'm classed as a criminal now because I refuse to pay for other peoples entertainment. Anyway why tell me this your hanging around here too :confused: Do you think single parents getting locked up because they can't fund your favorite broadcaster isn't important ? Don't you think people should have a right to watch true FTA TV without being forced to fund the BBC should be important ?

Have you ever been charged with anything, 'cause technically you're not a criminal till you have, if that's any consolation. :confused:
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Tetsuko
    Tetsuko Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    impy78 wrote: »
    Just making a money saving suggestion on this money saving site. That she could save money by not leaving electrical appliances on when she ain't there. If she wanted her electricity usage to be private, she wouldn't have posted it on a public forum.

I don't really care about my electricity consumption on my TV. It wouldn't save me any money at all. I have no income. I don't pay the bills for my home, my partner does. Also the TV probably has the lowest consumption level of most of the appliances in my home. I would wager that I spend more on electricity for my kettle in an average day but again it's irrelevant to my being taxed to receive a television signal I don't need or want. :confused:
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire :cool:
  • Defiant_3
    Options
    impy78 wrote: »
    Have you ever been charged with anything, 'cause technically you're not a criminal till you have, if that's any consolation. :confused:

Then why does the BBC/Crapita presume everyone without a BBC TV Licence is guility until proven innocent ? They will insist they have access to your property to see you are not lying even though you arent obliged to do so. This has even been discussed in parliament and they've confirmed this so why does the BBC think their above the law ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure