Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    been a while since I did nay MS
    gee Mf does not like lots of words even when they are spelt correct
  • donnamontana
    Options
    Was just about to sign up with Bare International if anyone wants to send me the link or code or whatever...
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Lawmate EVO2 Issue....

I have just bought one and am not 100% happy with the sound quality of my recordings.

There is a feint "chugging" noise in the background which sounds a bit like a helicopter in the distance.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and how you went about resolving it?

How close is the Mic to the machine?
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not your pulse is it?
  • Miss_Terry_Shopper
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    How close is the Mic to the machine?

The machine is near my hip, the mic is on my chest.
  • Miss_Terry_Shopper
    Options
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    It's not your pulse is it?

Its going twenty-to-the-dozen if it is!
    :rotfl:
  • AnxiousMum
    AnxiousMum Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    For once it was a pleasure to do a burger visit, great food, novel drinks and very good service, and MF even provided enough reimbursement to cover a decent meal too, shame Gaps client isn't as good. One of the few visits MF have that I would highly recommend.
    The red and white place? Great aren't they? I can't do them unfortunately as a family member works for them...but love love love their food! On the drinks, try the peach Sprite! Some restaurants will also start doing breakfast - think the newest one in London is the first though.
  • DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    Lawmate EVO2 Issue....

I have just bought one and am not 100% happy with the sound quality of my recordings.

There is a feint "chugging" noise in the background which sounds a bit like a helicopter in the distance.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and how you went about resolving it?

Are you wearing high heels or anything which could be being picked up by the mic? Which one did you go for - was it the lite? I had a lite for 48 hours and sent it back as the sound was rubbish and I couldn't change the resolution settings.
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MF if you are reading please change your tickets query system its s***
  • ISWMLE
    ISWMLE Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2015 at 1:35PM
    Options
    I have worked for this company for 2.5 years, getting work regularly - both video and report - and with no failed assignments based on reports of incompetence. All I had to do was ring the company and the jobs just fell in my lap - right up to December 2014. No problems. I read some of the comments about this company and couldn't really see what all of the fuss was about becuase I was not experiencing the sorts of problems everyone else who complained seemed to be. I gave them a lot of support when one of their own staff broke away and set up on her own and for that support they sent me a bunch of flowers..

Well things have changed - dramatically.

Up to December last year, I was still getting work for their regular video clients - no one complained about my work and I was getting paid for each assignment. Nothing different from before.

I didn't get my usual Xmas card from them, but shrugged that off as it being lost in the post. Then I tried to get work with regular end clients expecting everything to be much the same. The scheduler 'J' said that this end client was trying to get the same person to do all of the jobs - a geographical wide spread, I might add. It didn't ring true becuase I do a lot of allocation based work and no one travels north and sourth in one allocation - that is very rare - particularly for so few jobs. I also did not receive any generic mail in the post either - alert for job board updates. I thought that odd too. This month I applied for another one jobs - nothing. So I decided to write them a letter and ask what was going on. The other contact 'E' told me she knew nothing about any of this, she was leaving herself and no longer worked on video, and that 'J' would be in contact with me.

She did, this morning.

She told me that I had lied about my profile, claiming I was under 18. This is factually untrue - as I can show from the details I put down. She also told me that I was not following the brief for another end-client - yet I had been paid for every one and still got more jobs from that end client after the issue she raised in the letter was rectified. Again, not true. She also said that she did not like the scenario I had given on one jeweller job they deal with. Again, this doesn't ring true either becuase I was not rumbled and I got paid for the job. This is from the company that doesn't pay, remember? Lastly, she said that another end client for a fitness equipment company had complained that I had been rude to their staff. I have not done any jobs for this end client for well over a year now - why? Because I have done every single one of them in the UK, that is why. So how can that be true too.

As a rusult of this completely manufacturered and unsubstantiated rubbish, I confronted 'J' by phone today, to alert her to these facts and she just blanked me. "I am not getting into an argument about this with you.' This is a company I have worked faithfully for over 2.5 years, since 2012, with preferential allocations and loyalty in the fact of adversities they claim were directed at them. This is what I get now - tossed aside like a piece of old rubbish based on a lot of made up lies.

So when I started to tell 'J' that I was starting to see why some people might not like their company at all, now I was seeing a rather dark side to them for the first time and would make a formal complaint about the reasons, another woman came on the phone and announced she was their superviser (this was not someone I had spoken to before). She shouted to me: I don't like you insulting one of our staff and slammed the phone down. Clearly, she was listening in. Well, honey, if you are reading this post, luckily I have the call recorded by Rectel and have a record of your abuse to me.

So, folks, this is how you get treated by the Golden Arch company. 'E' you are well out of it, if you are innocent in all of this, as you claim. But, after what 'J' told me that their views of me were a group decision - I think that is unlikely, don't you?

SO AVOID WHATEVER YOU DO. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR LOYAL SERVICE AND THEY WILL DUMP YOU WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A BY NOR LEAVE AND FOR NO REASON AT ALL AND IF THEY HAVE NO REASONS THEY WILL MAKE THEM UP.

Sorry, but I am quite upset about this and can now see very clearly why this company is so despised by shoppers. I have no doubt at all that I was set aside as a specially well treated shopper, which was probably the exception rather than the rule, and now I am just 'run of the mill' target for their abuse, just like many of you have been.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback