Pensioner Bonds now on sale

Options

Comments

• The_Hornet
    Options
    simplealan wrote: »
    anybody know what
    "ZYRSA012: Device print script results are mandatory"
    means on the NS&I website while trying to buy these bonds?

Yup! It refers to the crappy state of the NSandI website :mad: In plain English it means the browser you are using is incompatible with their website. In my case it was both Chrome and Safari on an Apple Mac. I used Chrome on my wife's Windows PC and got in straight away.
  • bangorbay
    Options
    Unable to get through on the phone and web site I eventually managed to download an application form which I dully completed and sent in as a dual application for my wife and myself for the maximum amount in both bonds. Having had no response I phoned NS&I and managed to get through after some time to enquire what happened to the applications I was told to use the online application as it was quicker. This I did and supplied debit card details. today I received two cheques in the post amounting to 40,000.00 with no explanation. I telephoned NS&I to ask why and no one could give an explanation. My on line application has been processed and paperwork is being sent out. I am at a total loss as to why they have opened my bonds and sent me two cheques amounting to 40,000.00. Enquiries are on going at present. All I can say is their system is a total mess.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    bangorbay wrote: »
    Unable to get through on the phone and web site I eventually managed to download an application form which I dully completed and sent in as a dual application for my wife and myself for the maximum amount in both bonds. Having had no response I phoned NS&I and managed to get through after some time to enquire what happened to the applications I was told to use the online application as it was quicker. This I did and supplied debit card details. today I received two cheques in the post amounting to 40,000.00 with no explanation. I telephoned NS&I to ask why and no one could give an explanation. My on line application has been processed and paperwork is being sent out. I am at a total loss as to why they have opened my bonds and sent me two cheques amounting to 40,000.00. Enquiries are on going at present. All I can say is their system is a total mess.
    That's a nice bonus. I hope you thanked them!
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    Has anybody who bought bonds via telephone without registering received an NS&I number by post yet and, if so, how many days after the email confirming your application was successful, did the letter arrive?
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied by post 2 weeks ago on Monday and have heard nothing and the money is still in my current account.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have just printed screen shots of our bonds on the ns&i site. Just in case we don`t receive the official paperwork and something to have on file in case of any incident of us both being in eg a car accident. I suddenly wondered how many of these bonds might not be claimed due to one reason or another
  • rfsmith7
    Options
    I opened two bonds in joint names with my wife on 15th Jan. She had an NS&I number from an old account but I didn't, so we used her account. The 1-year bond went through OK, but the 3-year one 'failed' at the verified by Visa point. As the money for this was reserved I did nothing more.

Early last week both bonds showed up on her account. Last Friday we both got letters giving us our NS&I numbers even though my wife already had one. We can both logon now. Also on Saturday we got the full welcome pack for the 3-year bond, but not yet for the 1-year bond which I expect to arrive shortly. At least we can both see everything online now.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I have just printed screen shots of our bonds on the ns&i site. Just in case we don`t receive the official paperwork and something to have on file in case of any incident of us both being in eg a car accident.

Good idea. I'm a belt and braces person too because I've experienced enough of major bank or governmental computer schemes to mistrust them for 100% security and safety and even though I've signed up to manage my premium bonds online I still keep paper copies of everything. I applied for pensioner bonds on January 16th, had an email confirmation and returned the signature letter but the bonds are still not showing on the website.
  • boobbby
    boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
    Options
    I have sight of my bond on the website but still cant work out how to add the premium bonds I have had from 30 years ago
  • LXdaddy
    LXdaddy Posts: 693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Originally Posted by Alter ego
    Just called NSANDI on 01253840007, got straight through to "Joanne"
    She sold me 10k bond, no problem. AMAZED !!

Had to use my security details though. Plus she asked where I got her number (Say no to 0870)

The 01253... number has been used by too many of us - when I tried it on Saturday the automated answer was "Please redial on our usual 0500... number"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure