Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well you convinced me to ask DH again and he is going to have a go, so a result there. First up we need to find a door. Need to identify what colour the rest of our glazing is as I'm all for saving money, but we have a dark UPVC double glazing everywhere else in the house, so need to match up. Thanks SueP.
    :T:T:T:T:T Good for you

Your welcome, I clock Fleabay with the exact size I need about once a month, would do it more frequent but I need to woodworm the ceiling, plasterboard ceiling, first fix the electrics............oh and remove toilet and partition walls.
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We manage to botch up the smallest of DIY jobs so I applaud your bravery SueP19!!

I hope the new door happens for a good price.

I think you've done amazingly well this year. I know it would be nice to have cleared the CCs, but it's not like you can't afford the repayments.

Wishing you and the family a brilliant Christmas - have lots of pyjama days! xxx
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    We've had a good house sort for 2015 but one thing we couldn't face was kids books! That may well be 2016's horrible job!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    Instead of trying to match your door to what you already have and just missing. Even just white can be difficult to match. Why not go for a colour instead. I live in a bit of a rabbit warren that no-one can ever find & it can be useful to say 'mine is the one with the red/blue/whatever coloured door'
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Hmmm, I just think it might look a bit strange as the door will be in the kitchen, so we already have a dark window there so to put white in would look strange? that also means the back of the property would have three dark windows and one not the same? Will give it some more thought in the new year!

CC payment has cleared, so I can pay for the carpet now.. though may try hold off till after the statement generates tomorrow!

CC2 will be down to £274 left to pay on it after I move money over.. I'm actually going to change my signature back again on this so I'm being honest. I will try and clear it asap but it's not clear and I need to reflect that.

I'll probably pay about £700 off the everyday CC, but £400 will go back on for the carpet, then I'll largely ignore that and pay off as I can as it's interest free..

Focus will then move to CC1. Mortgage OP's are set that as long as I OP £333 each month we would hit our 2023 goal, so I'm really not going to worry too much next year about paying more than this, but just concentrate on CC1 with the odd cheeky OP if I can manage it.

Having a quiet morning and then off to a big city later to soak up some Christmas atmosphere.. there is also snow planned to fall for a period of 4 hours on one of the streets, so really excited for the kids (and me) to see that! Will be a late one tonight..
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You won't have the cc forever, I understand your frustration but as has been said, you can comfortably pay the bills and you will clear those balances.

Your evening tonight sounds wonderful, how magical for the children.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning DF0D, you have been busy clearing and tidying over the past few days!! Enjoy your day out you have planned xx
    Mummytogirls x

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    amycool wrote: »
    We manage to botch up the smallest of DIY jobs so I applaud your bravery SueP19!!

Not sure if it's bravery or stupidity, the 3ft x 3ft hallway required a whole wasted box of coving as corners are the devil's own jigsaw puzzle, had to buy corners in the end :rotfl::rotfl:...............and wiring, turns out all the downstairs lights were wired to the tiny hall light, 5 red's, 5 blacks and you guessed it 5 earth's, only trouble was one red was wired to 4 blacks and one black wired to 4 reds and bet you know whats coming next..................I mixed them up :o Took my neighbour 2 hours to sort it for me but I now know about this and am prepared.........................even have my own toolbox :D
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Well the trip out was a bit of a nightmare, with huge crowds and a very dismal show. SO quite a long drive, pennies spent on dinner and parking to return home quite quickly. That said, the littlies were very good about it, weren't disappointed - seemingly more excited by the park and ride bus.

Very very quiet day planned, I'm going to sneak back to bed at some point. lots of TV and games and fun.. it's tipping it down outside!

£1.20 grabbed on p-base and 150 points on Ips0s, 50p on y0vgov and 80p on 1-poll yesterday!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    We don't even consider large crowds with our boys! They're so well behaved usually but crowds, waiting, standing and queuing turn them into devils! We been capitalising on the mild weather with bikes and scooters. Not sure what we'll do today though with all this rain!

All the best.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure