Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Mortgage free by 2023 (!) - Page 110

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

edited 18 November 2016 at 11:38AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
2.5K replies 195.6K views

Replies

• Been reading the Konmarie thread on here and kondo'd my underwear drawer today - ashamed to admit I'm quite chuffed with it now even if I did sit there amazed at myself for rolling my knickers up! Needless to say DH thinks I have lost the plot.

:rotfl::rotfl:I have been reading your diary, and had to stop to comment at this.... I did this a few weeks ago and my DH thought the same. Ive kondo's my wardrobe too and I am amazed when I open to wardrobe at how tidy it is!!

I am so inspired by your diary so far, I have signed up for one of the survey sites you mentioned ([email protected]) and hoping to have a look for a few more in the next few days...

Good luck with your journey :)
  • CathTCathT Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been catching up. Love the idea of a fairy garden for the children.

We are definitely more relaxed since taking our house off the market, just the horrible wait for planning permission now!
    January 2021 - part 1 - £56,875 part 2 - £37,991
    Total - £94,866
    82 months to go!

• debtfreeonedaydebtfreeoneday Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know but [email protected] do not take a fee from your PAcademic earnings if it is more than £20. I let mine build up now :)

that is really helpful - thank you, I will let it build up now!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone for good (02/19)
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl::rotfl:I have been reading your diary, and had to stop to comment at this.... I did this a few weeks ago and my DH thought the same. Ive kondo's my wardrobe too and I am amazed when I open to wardrobe at how tidy it is!!

I am so inspired by your diary so far, I have signed up for one of the survey sites you mentioned ([email protected]) and hoping to have a look for a few more in the next few days...

Good luck with your journey :)

Thanks Hannah, glad to hear me and my knicker rolling ways are inspiring someone!

Pbase is a good one as is Yougov if I was recommending any others
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CathT wrote: »
    Just been catching up. Love the idea of a fairy garden for the children.

We are definitely more relaxed since taking our house off the market, just the horrible wait for planning permission now!

Glad to hear it CathT, we are as well now that moving is out of the equation.
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dh is off today so we are to a new climbing place this morning for the littlies. hoping to scope it out as a potential location for their birthday party later this year. It's new, but they do a locals pass so we get 20% off all year.

Probably pop to garden centre on way back as DH wants bird food and then an afternoon in the house, plan to get my ironing done, wash the School coats / mend DS's which has a small rip at the back.

Will also go the buiders merchants as we measured up the garden last night to see (and maybe buy) the garden materials.

Pr0filic pennies came in overnight and I've completed £1.70 worth of studies since, another YG this morning and 1poll is up to £36.60.

As we will use the money built up for the credit card to offset the garden materials, I'm back to flinging most surplus income at CC3 so £4 sent there today and £1 towards the next mortgage OP.

Still waiting for the pbase money to credit, they are slooooowww this time.

Must also wrap fleabay parcels to get them posted tomorrow.

Going to enjoy the last day before I actually have to start working at night again.. it's been a lovely long break from work - already sooo looking forward to the summer holidays!
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
  • mummytogirlsmummytogirls Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you've had a good morning DF0D, climbing place sounds great! My 2 love things like that!!

This week seems to have gone so fast don't you think! Ive just had a quick count up and its 15 weeks tomorrow until we break up for the summer and we have 2 weeks off at Spring Bank and May Day holiday so only 12 weeks and 4 days to work!! That will totally be here before we know it!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you get another two weeks off? Lucky thing - we only have half term at the end of May!

This week has flown by and work is starting to build up again. sigh.. we are so lucky, but I do find it hard going back after this time off!
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soooo.. we are thinking of artificial grass for the back instead of slabs.. obviously need to price it up tonight, but would welcome opinions and experiences from those with it. Is it maintenance heavy and most importantly does it stand up to kids on it a lot.

Can you lay it on concrete or just on top of turf?
    MFW (01/15) £64,319.45
  • hiddenshadowhiddenshadow Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interested to see the replies as we're also considering it - DH is concerned about the cats tearing it up, but I hope they would just walk past it to real grass if that's what they're after!