🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Waitrose - The Big Half Price Event

Options
12346»

Comments

• katecheshire
    Options
    If you have a Waitrose card (of course you do!) 60 Fairy platinum dishwasher tabs are half price although not on offer they work out cheaper than the offer ones.
    The chickens are very tasty and 1 did us for 3 meals plus sandwiches and soup.

Best bargain this week 4 desserts normally 79p each : 1 was reduced to 10p but still got 47p off for W card and £1.16 off for buying 4

3 for £10 packs of meat - my 500g pack of chicken actually weighed 650g

Luckily in Chester we now have Aldi and Waitrose close to each other!
  • Lil_Lady
    Lil_Lady Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    bought the meatballs for £2.11 the other day, they were so tasty went back and got some more. Also had a lovely day as they were discounting stuff as they were expiring that day ... Large yoghurt 35p , pack of 6 crepes 35p, .. got some nice bargains and they were freezable.
    proud to be a young stroke survivor
  • varunadas
    Options
    Like someone has said most of the half price offer shelves are empty during the weekend.

On the Jan 8th weekend, I went through 6 Waitrose stores and also another 5 the next week for the half price Olive oil 1litre bottles and not a single store had it.

On asking one of the staff member to check with the reader, I was told that the line has been suspended till 27Jan (date the offer expires).

So it seems to be a clever ploy to advertise but no intention to sell these real bargains.
  • Tammy2
    Tammy2 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well, I'm still buying half price meat. Need to come up with some different recipes for it though or i might be sick of it by the time the deal ends :)
    To Do 2015
    Claim back PPI & packaged bank account fees
    Take (further) first steps in investing (S&S ISA)
    Start saving for the children
    Start a business
    + £2015 in 2015 from home / £5026.21
  • catwoman73
    Options
    varunadas wrote: »
    Like someone has said most of the half price offer shelves are empty during the weekend.

On the Jan 8th weekend, I went through 6 Waitrose stores and also another 5 the next week for the half price Olive oil 1litre bottles and not a single store had it.

On asking one of the staff member to check with the reader, I was told that the line has been suspended till 27Jan (date the offer expires).

So it seems to be a clever ploy to advertise but no intention to sell these real bargains.

I don't have quite the Waitrose visiting dedication that you have, but I tend to agree. I went early in the offer and got a few things, but not the fish pie mix that I wanted.

I went back today and there was very little available in the offers that I wanted - the only meat available was pork chops and the ducks - I wanted some pork roasting joint but there was none of this even though they seemed to have a similar item in a different pack size.

The healthy ready meals had disappeared, as had the chickens and there was still no sign of the fish pie mix.

I can't blame them though - if a lot of people have been in and predominantly bought large amounts of the half price items, without buying much else, it won't work out well for them, I wouldn't have thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport