First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am enjoying avocados for 45p each!
  • alfsmum
    alfsmum Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    It seems that this sale is a good deal for those that buy meat. Not wunderbar for vegetarians :(

VfM4meplse plenty of half price on tea bags, coffee, cereals, cereal bars, plus, if you buy that sort of thing, ready made jelly pots (no gelatine), custards, rice pudding, pots of fruit in juice, sachets of rice, naans etc. handy for emergency food cupboard/SHTF situations. Also cheese and yoghourt offers if you eat dairy.
  • Tammy2
    Tammy2 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Can't say I've noticed it in my local Waitrose(s) :(

Although the meat counter has had great offers on since before Christmas. Frequently 1/3 of beef joints.

Does anyone know when the event will end? I wasn't planning n going again until Friday.
    To Do 2015
    Claim back PPI & packaged bank account fees
    Take (further) first steps in investing (S&S ISA)
    Start saving for the children
    Start a business
    + £2015 in 2015 from home / £5026.21
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tammy2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the event will end? I wasn't planning n going again until Friday.

the half price offers are on until 27th January so there's plenty of time still :)
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    Just placed my first order with them, can't believe the amount of items I got for £63..... was going to collect because I thought I would struggle to get to £40 but am now having it delivered so an extra bonus! Cost before discount was £123! :j

Just hope they have everything I have ordered for delivery as I will be very disappointed if I don't get the chickens and minced beef I ordered. :(
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just placed my first order with them, can't believe the amount of items I got for £63..... was going to collect because I thought I would struggle to get to £40 but am now having it delivered so an extra bonus! Cost before discount was £123! :j

Although I agree that the offers are good , you should never judge an offer against a claimed saving or original cost. Judge purely on what you are paying.
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Although I agree that the offers are good , you should never judge an offer against a claimed saving or original cost. Judge purely on what you are paying.

Absolutely agree, without the offer though I wouldn't be able to buy food from Waitrose. Usually shop in Ald!'s so have a good idea of what I normally pay for items, couldn't get a chicken in Ald!'s for £2.11 or other items purchased so thought it was worth it....I mulled it over all night before ordering, how sad is that! :rotfl:
  • Tammy2
    Options
    Yay! Just got a 2k joint of free range pork shoulder for £3.75 a kilo! :D That is the meat for dinner, for the four of us, for three nights, plus a bit for a lunch, sorted. Very happy - I buy it full price anyway. Makes the best slow roast. :)
    To Do 2015
    Start a business
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Totally agree!

I can't do a 'big' shop at W even with the half price offers - just not economic for me. I find I need to pick and choose and compare with other store prices, but some of their offers beat the rest hands down. Did a reductions shop last night at Mr. T - came away with a 90p whole chicken, Salmon fillets (60p ea. and £1.00 back for buying 2) and misc veg., cakes and bread for £4.05.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Tammy2
    Options
    Off to buy more free range pork today :)

We never buy 'brands', or anything processed, only Waitrose own brand meat, dairy and veg (don't do grains either). So this deal is super brill for us!

(All non food at Wilko - Waitrose is crazy for that stuff).
    To Do 2015
    Start a business
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills