Waitrose - The Big Half Price Event

Options

Comments

• Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not listed on the web site, but when I went in they had Gressingham whole ducks half price; £8 for a 2.1 kg bird.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KobKab wrote: »
    Does anyone know their substitute policy?

Why not ask Waitrose via Facebook.
  • Pips_Mum
    Pips_Mum Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KobKab wrote: »
    Does anyone know their substitute policy?

From their website:

We make every effort to ensure all products are in stock. However, if an item you require is not available, you can request a similar substitute product.

If a substitution is made, you will always be charged the lower of the two prices (excluding items sold by weight), but if it's not what you want you can refuse it.

I have always done well with the subs I have received from them, best one was when Andrex 4 pack was on a BOGOF and they substituted it with a 9 pack and still BOGOF :T:T
    Debt at LBM [strike]£17,544[/strike] :eek: £5700
    :TOver £14,000 PAID OFF :T

2020 the year of less - Less debt, less waste, less spending, less stuff, less stress!
  • sue.b_2
    sue.b_2 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I go to my local Waitrose almost every day to buy a newspaper and get my free coffee but I have found very few of the half price items in stock.
  • Devonian_Rodders
    Options
    So Waitrose have joined the other store giants with sales of food and non food lines, in an attempt to rcoup lost business to the likes of Aldi and Lidl.

Asda recently launched a new round of 'Roll back ' prices promising a huge range of price reductions, but as with the rest, all is not what it seems.
    Many items have reverted to the RRP or other, but they need to be watched when purchasing in store. Yesterday, purchased usual range of groceries which included a "luxury" of 4 fruit scones @ £0.50 Checking the bill at home, since the total seemed a little high, the said scones were listed at £5.03, yes I meant Five pounds and 3 pence. So much for being 10% cheaper.
    I am not in favour of Click and Collect or Home Delivery, except in certain circumstances, but at least prices are clearly displayed.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Many items have reverted to the RRP or other, but they need to be watched when purchasing in store. Yesterday, purchased usual range of groceries which included a "luxury" of 4 fruit scones @ £0.50 Checking the bill at home, since the total seemed a little high, the said scones were listed at £5.03, yes I meant Five pounds and 3 pence. So much for being 10% cheaper.

Every supermarket checkout operator makes mistakes from time to time. Take the receipt back and ask for a refund
  • tctjeremy
    Options
    Log into your online ac and there is a section where you can participate 5% cashback on Waitrose cashback.

Works with credit card and debit card :beer:
  • Teacher2
    Teacher2 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I had a wander round Waitrose, Gerrards Cross and though there were reductions, because the store is expensive anyway, you could have got the same things cheaper elsewhere. I don't think the customers in Gerrards Cross Waitrose care very much about price, however. I am not even sure the customers there notice what price the customers are paying for things.
  • Devonian_Rodders
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Every supermarket checkout operator makes mistakes from time to time. Take the receipt back and ask for a refund

Agree veryone makes mistakes, but is it not the barcode of a product which dictates the price ??

As an update, I ran the "10% price guarantee" and despite the £5ish overcharge, it is claimed the supermarket is cheaper.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Agree veryone makes mistakes, but is it not the barcode of a product which dictates the price ??

As an update, I ran the "10% price guarantee" and despite the £5ish overcharge, it is claimed the supermarket is cheaper.

Whether it was a barcode scanning issue or a manual keying fault - if the Shelf Edge label said 50p and you where charged £5.03 then it is an overcharge and you should get a refund. And if you where charged £5.03 for 4 scones then it is an obvious fault somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure