PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My January Challenge

Options
12346»

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Start of February, I was not needing much at the shop today so that was what I bought :)

Bread - 0.69
    Milk - 0.44
    Fruit - 2.13

Total - £3.26

Leftover venison sausages for tea today and I will take some cooked chicken breasts out of the freezer, they should last me at least 3 days, 4 if I am clever :T
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had a small spend of £3.30 to buy bread,leeks,carrots and a cucumber yesterday nothing else to buy this week at all :):):):)lots of cash left in my food stash :):):)only 24 days left in february :):):)
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Into the second week of February and I will need to start thinking about re-stocking my cupboards with tinned & dried foods, my fridge is looking a bit bare as well so I have to start looking for cheese, butter etc :o

I have left in my freezer:
    A Scotch pie
    6 Venison sausages
    250g of mince
    250g of cooked chicken
    A Gammon steak

I have well over a weeks worth of meals available there but I will start looking for some bargains again, particularly the half-price weekend offers in Lidl.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tomorrow I may have to do a very small shop as I do need a few odds and ends but doubt if it will come to a tenner.Very happy with this month as I bought such a good chunk of stuff with my January aldeee £5.00 off a £40 shop voucher.I had to pop into Bluewater today to change something and wandered around W'roses food hall and spotted the identical pretty glass bottle of maple syrup (different label on the front though) as I bought in Aldees in January which cost me £2.99 there, its just under £6.00 in W'rose :):):)virtually half the price in Aldee'sDin't spend any money though just wanted to have a look at the prices :):):)
    Hanging on to my pennies this month like grim death :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure