PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My January Challenge

Options

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Jam made and mince cooked :)

The hard part was remembering not to use the mince spoon to stir the jam and vica verca :eek: :rotfl:
  • torbrex
    Options
    Food shopping this morning was quick & easy, it was strange not to look in the reduced section though :o

Bread 0.69
    Milk 0.44
    Onions 0.67
    Fruit juice (it was on offer) 1.36 for 4 litres
    Spent on food £3.16

I bought tissues as well but they are not included in my personal challenge :)
  • torbrex
    Options
    tried the jam this morning now that I have bread for toast and although it is a little runny, it's good to taste the sun again :) :T
  • torbrex
    Options
    Second food shop this morning, I found myself standing in front of the reduced section with my hand on a pack of diced steak when I remembered that I am not supposed to buy things like that :o

Bread O.69
    Milk 0.44
    Tortilla Wraps 0.75
    Fruit 3.29
    Veg 1.08

Spent on food £6.25
  • torbrex
    Options
    Last of the mince eaten tonight, good from first to last, 6 meals in total :T
  • torbrex
    Options
    Turkey steaks out of the freezer but I've not decided what to do with them yet :o

Shopping today included:
    Bread 0.69
    Milk 0.44
    Marg 0.79
    Digestives 0.31
    Cereal Bars (for lunch box) 3.45

Spent on food £5.68
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning all I am also seeing how much less I can spend this month ,more in an effort to reduce the food mountain that I have seemed to have accumulated.
    I went early to my local shop and bought

2 King Edward potato's 34p (for jackets next week )

Half a savoy cabbage 39p
    (our local g'grocer cuts large cabbages in half which is great for singlies or pensioners like myself who don't need a cabbage the size of Cornwall :))

4 pints of milk £1.00
    from Icelands will do me for at least 10 days

total cost of shopping £1.69
    This is the first bit of food shopping I have done since before Christmas (I was away until 2nd January :))

I have no need to buy bread as I don't eat it I have a large stash of ryvita-type crackers in the cupboards.
    I had quite a bit of fruit and veg that my eldest DD gave me when I came home after Christmas and still have in the conservatory (coldest spot in the house )
    1 pineapple
    half a dozen pears (they were rock hard when I brought them home )
    an orange
    a bag of onions
    and three sweet potato's .
    In my freezer I have a good stock of frozen veg which I will hopefully use up.
    So yes I too will join if I may to see how much of the food mountain I can move this month :D:D:D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    Sshh, like you I knew there was a thread somewhere but I didn't really want to join it as this is going to be more of a diary for myself just to see if I can do it :)

Sounds like you're off to a good start:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    even better as my DD gave me a fiver yesterday that we both had forgotten about from before Christmas (I had picked up some cleaning for her )
    I also came home from youngest DD's with tonights dinner, some left over roast potatos,veg and some slices of roast beef,she knows how I hate waste of any sort. No shopping for me this week at all as tomorrow I am at Quiz night in the pub (you get a supper included in the price of the quiz )
    Wednesday night I shall cook lasagne as I have DGD coming to dinner I have all the stuff indoors anyway ,any left overs will be portioned up and frozen for later.
    I cooked a piece of gammon yesterday in my SC so today i shall slice it up and portion up for the freezer.It was only a small piece but will do me at least a couple of salads and odds and ends I will chuck into pasta for a meal.
    So total outlay so far this month has been £1.69 and I'm a fiver better off in my purse already :):):)
    The store cupboards are going to get sorted today so I can see exactly what I have I know I have a lot of tinned bits and pieces that are going to be used this month
    Onwards and upwards chums
    JackieO xxx
  • torbrex
    Options
    I will be having venison from the freezer tonight and I have postponed my next shopping trip by a day as I have not been eating as much bread as normal :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure