Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Thank you Beanie, love :D

INOD - me too, but I sat on my hands :D Mind, Dan Craig is supposed to be giving up, so you've an in................. :D

Well, we have perambulated around mrL. Don't no-one tell rtandon, right, but our mrL had 12 boxes of aubergines for sale..... at 29p...... I also picked up some of the celery and red onions. I also got a kg of cous cous for £1.29. This was cheaper than mrT, but more expensive than mrS and mrW - but I don't have easy access to mrS and our mrW is small and stocks only certain bits of the essential range.

I did check out the children's clothing, and liked what I saw, but unfortunately, I must live in an area who's residents don't like aubergines, but like buying nice clothes for their children, as I couldn't find the right size, in what I wanted. But still, it was good to see the quality of the garments, as I'm sure they will have future baby events :D

we called in at fArmf00ds. Their frozen veg offer has now changed to 4 for £3. Which was good value for the spinach and broad beans, but not for other things. I wish h3ron stocked frozen spinach, then we'd be sorted! I didn't buy any frozen veg.

My nsd'd streak has come to an end, but at least we have some food in the house now :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...Don't no-one tell rtandon, right, but our mrL had 12 boxes of aubergines for sale..... at 29p......

:cool:
    ...so envious - can't even describe it!

...instead of making planned moussaka this morning (lack of eggplant type veg), we rescued some overripe bananas from OH's tote bag & banana nut bread got created via the breadmaker!

...too bad there were no baby outfits in 'lil GP's size! I spent so much time oohing & aahing over them that OH asked if I was broody! ;)

...later today some corn/pepper/feta fritters are to be made, but will have to pop over to the farm down the road and get some eggs (they are delicious and fresh but only get purchased when we run out as are double the price of the comparable ones that come from mrS) - we go through a lot of eggs in this house!:eek:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

mmm, so the littlest personage in the whole household barfs and 3 peoples clothes are sent to the washing machine..... #howdoesithappen?

In other news, we've had a lazy-ish day at the homestead. Caught up on some zzz's and caught up on some crappy american TV (DH:().

We even managed a cup of tea and a slice of cake (HM) this afternoon :j

Life continues to be rich :D

Tea was indeed a 'bake'. I had the last gifted courgette to use up. It had ideas of grandeur, so went a long way. I made a version of a crustless quiche, with the courgette (grated), red onion (mrL), celery (mrL), garlic, sun-dried tomato and some herbs. Served with tinned potatoes, made into my go-to salad, steamed carrots and french beans. Picture here;

019_zpsa7qugscs.jpg

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

rtandon's retail guide :D

automatic washing machines :D

a snooze

Thanks for popping by, reading and commenting. It is greatly appreciated, by me.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    A snooze is always something to be grateful for :j and having once lived a half hour bike ride from the nearest washing machine I quite understand your gratitude, particularly in the circumstances :eek:

I do love your pictures and descriptions of your tea :D we are ratber lacklustre in that department right now. Today for example, we've bee visiting family and eating odd things at odd times and when we finally got back at 8pm we just ended up with "lego sandwiches" (square sandwich thins with square slices of cheese... my current quick, no thought lunch - I do usually manage a bit of lettuce too!) Not very inspiring or worth taking a picture of!

That's it - this week I vow to make at least ONE meal that would be worthy of your table :D rofl (or at least worthy of being photographed, even if I don't take a picture of it...) :rotfl:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Cheery wot on earf are you doing about in the wee small hours of the morning? You should be a-bed, a-snooze dearheart! Argghh, yes, if we had to rely on the launderette to wash as well as dry, I would be a domestic mess. Plus a penniless pauper, given the price of a 'warm wash' in yer average rinsomatic these days :(

The weather is decidedly on the grey and dismal side here this morning. Still, can't complain, we had wall-to-wall sunshine yesterday, which I know was not uniform across the country.

I have got to tackle that 'letter wot needs writ' today. Ho hum.

Tea will be 'use up'. I'd notionally said out of the freezer, but I've not got into my stride of making enough per meal to necessarily have 'leftovers' that are frozen. So I'm thinking a more general 'use up' will probably have to suffice - not bad as we are heading toward the end of the month.

Right, let's see what the day has in store. I can put a brush through my hair at least, in honour of it being a Monday and all...... :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ha, push the boat out Greying! :D

I confess I dozed off on the sofa in front of the tv, and then was nosing around the forums when I finally made it to bed... Not a good habit but one which I have so far failed to break! Was up early too and am now on a train having already walked for over an hour :eek:

I had to THROW AWAY some food yesterday :eek: Just rice that had been in the freezer for a few months, then got driven around in the car for a couple of hours for various reasons, so i didn't want to risk it, but I do so hate throwing things away. My fault for not using it earlier I suppose! :o

Have a good day Greying and all :) any exciting plans?
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Have a good day Greying and all :) any exciting plans?

Ha! I started so well, clearing out some clutter from the freezer - little bits and pieces that had been in there too long :o And no, it pains, me to throw away food too - must do better :o

But then things went down hill, as I found myself up to my oxters in p0000000000h. Ho hum :o The decontamination unit is setting up in the back yard as we speak......... :o

At least I am fully dressed.

Letter not written, though :(

Brush not appeared anywhere near hair, neither :o

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2016 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

I didn't think today could get worse. It did. It's not all panpipes and roses at Greying Towers. We have SNaFU's, just like everyone else.

*sigh*

I made sure that I put a brush through my hair though. I'm not sure, however, what I may have brushed in..... or out....... :( :rotfl:

I have a first draft of that letter.

Baby Greying got alot of sleep :D Most of it on me :(

Baby Greying had a bath :D It was needed _pale_

I still managed to make tea :j I made 2 bean chilli with frozen and tinned beans. It used up some frozen black-eyed beans out of the freezer :j And was relatively quick to prepare :j I served it with boiled rice, a swirl of the last of the yoghurt (bought for making a cake last week) and a sprinkle of sumac. Picture here;

015_zpss1mw3xhh.jpg

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

that I can laugh about things now :rotfl:

for DH's help with bathtime :D

that words (despite everything else) have also flowed today......
    :D:rotfl:

Thanks for popping in, reading and joining in.

Tomorrow is another day. I've a potentially joyous appointment to keep. Life is good, indeed.

*Forgot to add - scored a NSD. By default, but shall claim it, none the less :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Tis indeed Greying :) hope tomorrow is easier for you lass xx

(Tonight was not the night we emulated your fine dining - we've just stuffed in a takeaway... :o :rotfl: )
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

No two ways about it Cheery, had we 'decent' takeaways in the vicinity of Greying Towers, I would have been on the telephone quick smart last night! :D

So, today has started well, and I have no reason to believe that it will go anything other than well :D We have an appointment to keep this afternoon, that will be purely pleasure and leisure, and enable us to spend time with one of the people that has come into our life in the last year or so, and helped to transform it :D

Tea this evening will be soup and pudding. Not too sure of the ingredients of either at this point. But I'll cobble summat together :D

If i get time to go up the high street, i will need to spend some money today. If I just go out this afternoon, there will be no need, as I will be in housing estate central, and there is nowhere to spend money - well, apart from the over-priced corner shop, but they'll have nothing that i actually need.

Right, I'm away to make myself look gorgeous ;) I may be some time ;)

Thanks for popping in and reading and for your ongoing support. It is greatly appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure