PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

useless with money

Options

Comments

• randomer
    Options
    Gosh polly you have done your research! I did have problems with it and perhaps I'll give it another go. Thanks.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    If you really want to do something about the money you're spending you need to invest some time to set out your total income & expenditure and take on board sensible suggestions that will help you towards that goal.
    There's no point someone telling you that spending £x per month on groceries in M&S or Waitrose is too high if you're just going to reply 'I'm not changing the place I shop. I don't do 'frugal, that's for other people'.

What are your plans for the future?
    Do you want to retire early with a good standard of living?
    Or are you going to be content to live off your state pension and whatever benefits you may qualify for, waiting for your next payment from the Government to come in?

Maybe you need some goal to work towards to give you an incentive to change your spending habits.
    What does your OH think?

I have to admit that I do not understand this comment at all.

Could you clarify what you actually mean?
    randomer wrote: »
    Money is not just money ...it is tied in to my past ,my future,my beliefs and my emotions. Just never get a handle on it.
  • randomer
    randomer Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    OK the game is up! You sussed me. I am bored and lazy and waiting for the Government to hand me money.

I shop at Waitrose and I'm not bloody changing.

Google emotional spending/psychology/ money......plenty of reading material.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't take much intelligence to read through old posts, you are bound to get sussed eventually.

December 2009
    Unhappy Messed up big style over Christmas
    I'm sure I'm not alone but I am beating myself up about my inability to manage finances over Christmas. Just got fed up and splurged on decent gifts for teenage sons, a few inexpensive things for family and some extra food.
    Didn't enjoy anything really and now.......

I cannot face looking to see what damage has been done.

I think it's sad that you are spinning the same story five years later, found on the Debt Free Wannabe thread.

People on this forum are genuinely helpful, it's not fair to take advantage of their good nature, just because you are bored.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    OK the game is up! You sussed me. I am bored and lazy and waiting for the Government to hand me money.

I shop at Waitrose and I'm not bloody changing.

Google emotional spending/psychology/ money......plenty of reading material.

WOW!

So much anger!
    Maybe if you directed some of that negative energy towards resolving your spending issues. - instead of having a go at someone who is trying to help you, you might find that you are happier and less bitter.

I wish you luck. - I think you need it, a lot of it.
  • randomer
    Options
    OK so I am so bored in my Waitrose lifestyle that I turn up years later with pretty much the same issues.......or wait a minute!! I am genuine and like a lot of others on something of a loop.

If I had wanted to make mischief I would have invented a new persona.

Why on earth would anybody pitch up years later and spin a story.
  • randomer
    Options
    think I'll transfer all that negative energy in to 10 thousand posts
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It would be a lot cheaper!
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    OK so I am so bored in my Waitrose lifestyle that I turn up years later with pretty much the same issues.......or wait a minute!! I am genuine and like a lot of others on something of a loop.

If I had wanted to make mischief I would have invented a new persona.

Why on earth would anybody pitch up years later and spin a story.

It really is hard at first, hard to accept that you have to make changes. Hard to accept that you can't afford the things you want to buy.

I've been there and it takes baby steps to move forward from it. Don't try to change everything in go.
    Pick out the 10 most expensive things you regularly buy and try the next step down. You may like 6-8 out of them and that can be a big saving over the year.
    After that take your top 5 bills and look to get a better deal on them.
    Small steps add up to big savings across the year but it also let's us accept the change easier.

It is hard but you can do it :A
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • randomer
    Options
    thanks so much ...that is a brilliant idea:p
This discussion has been closed.