PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th December 2014

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Narco good to hear that DH is continuing to make progress.

Jazee I'm pleased that the "eau de DD" is working - LittleyDog must really adore DD.:o

What ho, Judi nice to "see" you here.:wave:

Now, let's see if the official list gives me any inspiration....
    Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom
    15 minutes .....

Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away. All that needs picking up is Dave's bed and toys, which I'll pack after his 14:00 walk, as he's going home today. All the other floors are clear.
    30 minutes to spare....
    S&S downstairs loo Done - it had a good scrub yesterday, too.
    Last minute check on presents - have you got everything? N/A - we don't do presents
    Hover and mop all of downstairs Will throw the Dys0n round when Dave's gone.
    Got an hour....
    Dust all dusty areas WIP;)
    Straighten Christmas tree It's fine; it's just a little one and lives on my desk, so it doesn't tend to get untidy.
    HHI - especially for those on the challenge N/A - Mr LW cleared what little needed doing yesterday.:A

Extras
    Make space for new toys either by storing the old ones away for a while or collecting for charity/ebay/carboot in the New Year N/A - though we do have a charity box on the go for anything we no longer need but someone else could make use of.

Any decorations you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell. They're all in use; we don't have very many to start with.

Finish writing cards or give up on the idea of sending any
    All done; the final one will be handed to the recipient later today (it's for the dog-sitting franchisee, and I'll hand it to him when he collects Dave).
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a couple more bits whilst I was out.
    Helped DS2 pick a new hairstyle - he is off for a tidy up in a minute.
    going to finish the decoration in the hallway
    Pot up a plant for mum
    Send a text
    Clean the shower room
    Hoover and mop downstairs.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Crowdpleaser
    Options
    Done good today:

Hoover all downstairs
    Did ironing
    Put washing away
    Dusted front room
    Put away z bed
    Put up paper chain kids made
    Nip to work ro pick up sone presents I left in my locker.
    Chemist for meds
    Emptied dishwasher.

3rd load twirling. Other 2 are hung on horses. Cleaned 4 windows upstairs til I ram out of cloths. They were super grim.

Done reading with dd2 and need to get her to write birthday card to her sister.

Still got down loo to attack and mopping to do but think will stop for now as have to collect dd1 from school soon.

X
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the redirection Dustykitten!

Today's Room of Doom has to be the dining area. The table has been taken over by all sorts of stuff.
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £0/250

Decluttering 869/2024 Awards 🥇
    (30/04/24)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The weather forecast lied. It was set fair and it hasn't stopped pi$$ing down. So I !!!!!! off as I now have three loads of soggy washing. Grr, as they say. Superking dealt with. Dog food acquired, dog walked again and fed. I'm now feeling very tired but I don't want to stop yet because I've mountains to move.

I rather wish I didn't have to go out tonight.
    Better is good enough.
  • mamaninie
    mamaninie Posts: 430 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2014 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Monday Downstairs (minus the kitchen) including Rooms of Doom
    15 minutes .....

[STRIKE]Declutter floors even if it's just into a box or binbag to hide away.[/STRIKE]
    30 minutes to spare....
    [STRIKE]S&S downstairs loo[/STRIKE]
    Last minute check on presents - have you got everything? nope :)
    [STRIKE]Hover and mop all of downstairs[/STRIKE]
    Got an hour....
    [STRIKE]Dust all dusty areas[/STRIKE] dusted and wiped walls and paintwork in hallway
    [STRIKE]Straighten Christmas tree[/STRIKE] it only went up on saturday, its fine :)
    HHI - especially for those on the challenge

Extras
    Make space for new toys either by storing the old ones away for a while or collecting for charity/ebay/carboot in the New Year

A[STRIKE]ny decorations you do not want take to the charity shop asap to give them chance to sell.[/STRIKE] took the old christmas tree last month :D

Finish writing cards or give up on the idea of sending any
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen Done! Doing the lists in a different order again.

I have also finished doing all of DS2's washing!

After coffee, DD and I packed DS1's sales ready for post run, then had lunch.

DD has not been out of her room, let alone out of the house while she has been completing uni essays. Now they are finished and submitted, she was desperate to go out somewhere, so we spent the afternoon shopping in town. I think I've pretty much finished now.:D
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can I join you again please? I really need the motivation to do something. I have had zero energy today and have done zilch! Mr P has made me constant cups of tea and has also mad a spag bol for dinner.

Our tree will be delivered tomorrow so I do need to do something. I have also written no cards and only bought two presents. I have a spoon shortage.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    How's the pudding looking Valli? I've probably mentioned before, I live behind the Distillery. Lovely stuff, although I've kind of knocked drinking on the head.

It looks absolutely fine. Will let you know if it tastes ok later this month lol

Unlike Frodders not much special happening at work this week as we are working ALL week - it has been decreed that, if fines are being doled out to parents taking their kids on holiday during term time we aren't having 'toy' day. Or anything remotely similar. However, having already not had toy day once I have to say it's far more pleasant NOT dealing with issues that arise when people won't play...:cool:

I have managed to take stuff in and get rid if it *insert 'weight off shoulders' smiley* so Villa Valli looking much less rammed and DDs room looks habitable.:cool::T

Plan for tonight is to clean and tidy LR then ponder whether getting the tree down (from the attic) would be feasible...oh - and write my cards...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Rummages in cutlery drawer and finds a bent soup ladle and four teaspoons, none of which match each other*
    Here you go Poohbear, these any use to you? Welcome Home!:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure