Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My new loo brush was delivered this morning. Is it a sign of being a grown up that I'm excited about it?

My lovely neighbour took the parcel for me as the delivery people came outside of their own estimated delivery window (early!!) so I picked it up and gave her a little thank you gift - She takes in so many deliveries for all of the neighbours on the courtyard and is the kind of neighbour everyone should have - we share the outside store cupboard and if I've not been home to put out my rubbish she does it for me, she brings in my food waste bin when I remember to put it out and is generally fantastic and always has a smile and a little chat when people go round to pick things up. I'd wanted to do something for her but hadn't had a delivery for a while since goodreads giveaways are pretty much over so this was a good time to drop it off.

In terms of earnings today I hit the SB target pretty quickly finished my first survey for 80sb then the apps, and to do list stuff got me to target, still running the remaining apps until I go to work. Insta I've had a few good days so still on target to get to the 5% bonus today despite being away on Sunday and hardly doing anything on Monday. Running the La Happy playlist for the 10% bonus and its crediting about every 40 mins, done one survey and am doing Minute staff clicks while I try to do some one poll surveys, I'll swop to email ones once onepoll is cleared.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The shpock buyer came and picked up earlier, so thats £4 in to my tin (and in £2 coins).

Also discovered that ziffit currently has cash back on tcb (10.1%) so cancelled the order I'd not completed with them and started a new one, which was actually quite advantageous as one of the box sets of books I had been offered £2 for but this time around they offered double for it so thats about £10 of books to be sent off - will try to print the label at work this afternoon as I need to go in to town tomorrow so would be good to get the box on its way sooner rather than later.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dropped off the ziffit parcel earlier, popped in to Mr L's while I was there for a bit of a cupboard restock.

1kg pasta, a couple of pasta sauces and some bits to freeze for quick lunches.

Totally forgot while I was there that I ordered a running jacket last week and was meant to be collecting it from the shop - will have to walk in from the male creatures place before work one day next week now.

Not done much online yet today but luckily have a later than normal start at work so having got home I've set S'mores running for instagc, and the video apps for swagbucks, going to jump in the shower then try for some surveys before I head out.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The lack of surveys at the weekend on sb is driving me potty, as is working but as the second is a necessity I'll keep doing it I guess!

Nothing much to add, didn't manage a NSD yesterday as I had to go buy tights after putting my finger through a pair while getting dressed meaning I didn't have enough for today as well, so thats £4 spent in Mr T.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not having fun today, four surveys on different sites I've had to ticket for, hopefully all will get my credit sorted. SB is one of them which will get my comfortably over the daily target and close to the second one, one of the others is a high value one on mysurvey which will be enough for me to cash out if it's credited. I've also done a yougov survey and am now 185 points away from cashing out on it.

I've also had to email reciept hog to change my phone details with them, so I can cash out for £5.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've decided to set myself the challenge of paying off £200 over my minimum payments this month. Thats about the same as the weekend in Scotland cost (travel and spends other than food). I've already paid for it using money I had saved but it seems like a good target to set myself.

So far I've redeemed for £25 paypal on sb. Able to redeem another £25 once I get the first one, and will then redeem at £5 a time for the rest of the month. After that I'll be aiming to redeem $50 to paypal on instagc (am about half way there, but if I don't manage it by 25th September I'll redeem for whatever I have).

As much as I'd like to get the yougov money I suspect even when I hit £50 there I'll not get it paid until next month.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The £25 for sb arrived and is currently in my paypal waiting to be withdrawn, will do that tomorrow, as I only log in to my main pp on my laptop.

Had a long day at work so feeling behind on todays targets but have gained 20% of my sb target while home changing and headed out to the boyfriends flat for the night shortly where I'll hopefully get the rest smashed out before I collapse and sleep.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Money withdrawn from paypal, I'll check the bank later and will move it to the appropriate account.

As well as the £25 from sb, I've also got £4 from shopmium for veggie frozen food freebies in Mr S. I'll count that towards my monthly aim so thats £29/£200 so just another £171 to earn.

Cooking tonight for the male and myself so likely to do a pasta bake as it's idiot proof and I have plenty of pasta in the cupboard. I'd forgotten just how much 1kg of pasta actually is.... :rotfl:
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Money for the books has arrived so thats £10.11 to my monthly total, I also managed to do a couple of qmee surveys this morning so when I'm on the lappy have £1 to withdraw.

Puts my monthly challenge at £39.11/£200.

My general finances have been thrown in to disarray however as the credit card with the highest balance as feared as decided I'm in persistant debt and put up my minimum payment by £50, on the same day my energy supplier have doubled my monthly direct debit from £30 to £60. Finding £80 a month to cover these will be very tight, to somewhere near impossible unless HMRC finally resolve the long running issues with them claiming I had a tax refund I never recieved.

Requested another £25 from sb.

I'm going to have to do a fresh SOA for myself very soon I think, I know I can manage but I'll be left with pretty well nothing spare for anything resembling a life until after I pay the car off in December (which will free up £100 a month but also deplete a chunk of my savings which I was planning to replace asap while plodding along with the debt repayment).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    And to make this month even worse my phone screen smashed yesterday, after only getting it fixed a couple of weeks ago I don't want to go back to the same place to get it fixed so will be visiting a different store for the fix. And that will be next months target to pay off the extra on the credit card alongside the expenses associated with the half marathon and oktoberfest weekend.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills