Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Cashed out for £5 m/c on panelapp the other day, got the email with that this afternoon. Too lazy to sort it out now but will get it in to the paypal/bank juggle in the next couple of days.

Came home from work tonight to find that my bigger fish tank seems to have had an explosion of snails in the last couple of days. Pulled out the ones I can find, and the dead leaves on the plants in there in hope that it reduces the food for them, think the fish in there will be on a slightly more restricted diet for a week or so while I try to kill off the snails!

Also got the cheque for the try me free offer, wont have time to go to the bank until the end of the week - but if I have to get in to town for that I should have another go at getting rid of some of the books as well.

Feel like I've spent alot of money lately with not alot to show for it but I've started my Christmas shopping and have been price checking flights to the Canaries to hopefully visit my Mum in the New Year as well as the flights to Canada later in the year for a friends wedding.

I'm also a few weeks away from the final payment for my car - it'll be nice not to have the £100 going out every month but I'll miss the savings cushion - think I'll initially save the money towards next years tax, insurance and servicing etc, the once that lots dealt with in summer split it between debt and saving for next year assuming my living situation is still the same.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Works been busy again, and although I have had today off and have tomorrow off I'm not going to achieve much as I over slept this morning, and the male wants to stay at his tonight as he's racing tomorrow.

When he said he wanted to stay at his tonight I felt really annoyed, I only spend time at mine on my days off and as he's going to cook dinner I need to be back at his by 6. Tomorrow he isnt running until the afternoon so he doesn't really need to be at his in the morning, and by the time he's done with the race, it'll be early evening and all he'll want to do is spend the evening on his sofa.

I think I'm annoyed as I'm starting to resent spending most of my time at his house while I'm spending most of my income on rent and bills for somewhere I almost never see, and when we are here all I seem to be doing is housework - washing clothes, dusting, vacuuming or washing up mugs (hardly ever eat here so its mainly my coffee/hot chocolate mugs). I'll have been home for about 3 hours today, I've washed up until theres no space on the drainer, done two loads of washing and hung it up to dry and dusted and swept the bedroom and kitchen.

Before I head back to his I want to list a couple more things on shpock, think its the right time of year to chuck the C word themed stuff back on there.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    And when I did get home Saturday evening the ceiling was dripping again thanks to the leaking roof that seems to never get fixed!

So email sent to the ll, who responded pretty promptly to say they'll be in touch. Still waiting.

I emailed both ll and la today to chase, I really want this fixing before the weather gets much worse.

If not I told the male last night that if its still wet inside by Christmas I'm giving notice and moving out, I've already had a look around and I can rent something similar for about the same money in the area so if it comes to it I can afford it, I just really really don't want to! As an aside that would have been a good time for him to say something like "If it comes to it then we can think about you living here" but he didn't so I guess thats still not something he wants and something I guess I need to deal with even though we have talked about it being something in our future.

Two more shpock listings done in the last few days and I'll do another tonight before I head back to his place to sleep.

I've also sorted out a box of books for ziffit, and have the try me free cheque to pay in to the bank, so those are jobs for tomorrow before work. I plan to visit Mr L's too so I can pick up some bits for lunch/dinner on my day off, will check what himself has planned and either use the rest of the slow cooker chilli with some jacket spuds and cheese for dinner for both of us or just myself and freeze the last portion.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Failed to get in to town before work so thats the plan now for tomorrow before I go home since I'll need to get some fresh food.

Another light bulb has gone at home, typically its one of the ones in the living room and I now know I don't have any spare so I'll be grabbing a couple while I'm out tomorrow too.

LL wants to come look at the roof on Saturday - the only day this week I said wasn't convienient. This has further pee'd me off. I've asked the male to be here as I'm out in the morning doing a muddy run - 10k so longer than I normally do - then will be coming home and executing a quick shower and change ready to go to work in the afternoon.

I might try to call the letting agent to see if they can advise me as to what I ought to be doing since a week after I reported a dripping leak doesn't make me feel like my landlord cares at all about my home just that I pay them the rent every month.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Town visited.

Books dropped off, cheque paid in, shopping done.

Irritatingly the Lidl self serve machine chewed up my reciept so I can't use it on my reciept snapping apps, but the Mr T reciept from buying the light bulbs was fine so I've added that to the various apps.

I got the first load of washing in and want to get a second done later.

I've set myself a target of finishing two of the five books I have on the go today, so I'm currently doing surveys on the laptop while reading one on the old Kindle, once this one is finished I'll switch to the hardback that's next to my bed.

In the meantime the old phone and tablet are running instagc videos, and the 'droid is doing SB video apps.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Two books finished.

Several more items listed on shpock.

A couple of my Drona boxes have been sorted and reorganised - not thrown away much out of them as they're the ones with the random cables and I'm sure that most of the ones I can't identify are from the speaker system for my sony music box. I've bagged them up and will try to remember to take them back to my Dad's next time I visit to check if thats what they belong to as I don't have an excess of electrical items here not in use!

I hit my sb target and the nearly impossible to reach 200 bonus credits on instagc, plus got to 500 video watches (typically I'm capped at 250). So have been working through some of the email surveys, as well as managing a couple on the qmee app which I've already cashed out.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Day off tomorrow so I've written myself a task list, mixture of quick easy tasks and longer ones so hopefully I'll be able to tick off most of them across the day.

Since I got home from work I've managed to redeem £5 mastercard from ipsos and just requested £5 amazon from answerpoints. Both redemptions from surveys I'd done a few days ago but weren't instantly credited.

Went to Mr T on my way home from work to get bits to feed myself over the next couple of days. I plan to finish off the chilli and a baked pot for lunch, then use up some of the flour from the cupboard and sausages from the freezer in a toad in the hole for dinner. That means I have no real reason to leave the house tomorrow so if it's not too cold and wet I'll try to go out for a short run (on the task list).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Managed to get a fair percentage of the to do list done, admittedly because I added a few things after doing them but the "heavy duty" tasks I did about half of unfortunately I added three or four loads of washing as when I was sorting some of my wardrobe I discovered a very large spider had set up home in there - its web had stuck about half of the winter stuff together so from needing to wash a few stale smelling things I need to do all of them, as well as the stuff on the shelf - I'm using it as a chance to sort out the stuff that doesn't fit from the shelves.

Redeemed £15 amazon from valued opinions which was instant redeem, and trying to get logged in to my digital wallet so I can claim a £5 digital mastercard.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy old week.

Four days on two different training courses, three at one hotel the fourth at another including an over night stay. Got home last night and fell asleep shortly after getting out the shower, woke up at 2am to a few irritated messages from the male asking where I was and where I wanted us to stay.....I've not heard from him yet today so I guess there are some ruffled feathers needing to be smoothed out.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Feeling totally overwhelmed at the moment.

Last week was insane at work - 4 day conference, one late licence big dinner event and a night for 4 smaller dinners with big resets.

After the 8 mile trail event before the big conference I developed tendonitis in one knee which has been a real frustration since the best cure is rest which just hasn't been possible.

My first day off yesterday I had a lie in, then went out to do a couple of self employed jobs, and got home to find that the bloke had hit his head out running and had decided that as it wasn't stopping bleeding he needed to go to a&e to get it looked at. So three hours later (after he fainted when it was being glued due to his being hungry as we went at near enough dinner time) we stayed at his so he could decide if he was up to going to work today.

He went in, but when I got up to head home mid morning I realised I'd left my keys at home so I had to call my friend who has my spare and wait for her to get home. So thats the morning wasted.

As yesterday we'd planned to be at mine over night I'd intended to do some of the washing in the evening which didn't happen so I have four loads of washing to get done, and only drying space for three, plus goodness knows how much washing up in the kitchen (ignoring that the kitchen is in need of a good clean too!). Living room is a disaster because I've been running in and out all week so that needs a good clear up too.

I just don't know where to start so I've got my washing piled up on my bed in priority order. I said I'd call a friend too so I'll get the first washing sorted then give her a call and see what I can face dealing with next!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills