Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This week seems to have gone by so quickly!

Made some nice foldy money tips at an event last week so thats in the tips purse ready for this weekend.

My ceiling is leaking again so the landlord has been out fingers crossed its a relatively simple fix again, and independantly my letting agent want to come out and do an inspection. So I'm trying to find the appropriate light bulbs to replace - am sure I bought a paid last time the living room bulb went but I can't find the second one, and one of the spots has gone in the kitchen too.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't find the bulbs so have ordered the kitchen ones from amazon (muchly cheaper for 5 vs supermarkets - there are 4 bulbs in there so assuming they're all on the way out theres one spare). Supermarkets are cheaper for the other one so will go buy a pair next time I have to obtain food.

Almost at my instagc target of 7000 points, as soon as I hit it (hopefully tonight) I'll get a cash out request in for paypal again.
    Swagbucks I hit target this morning thanks to a survey but I'm working on an app which I have to get to level 70 on for a fairly big SB award so am hoping to get that before the weekend (ideally the weekend for credit as it would cover both targets).

As I've reached the video max on insta I'm trying to run engageme/smores on the laptop while doing tap surveys on the tablet. Screen out points = hitting my target sooner along with the bonus points.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hit my instagc target so have requested the $70/7000 points to paypal.

It's been a bit of a slow day today as I hit my sb target then have moved on to email surveys as my inbox is feeling a bit cluttered. Will try for some quick and easy points later and tomorrow morning.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy old weekend, Oktoberfest was a lot of fun Saturday night. Sunday was less fun but I got around the Royal Parks Half successfully considering the lack of training and late night the night before. Provisional results are that I was a couple of minutes slower than the half I did last year but that'll be the equal lack of training, late night the night before, and a busier twisty course - last years was about 400 people and laps of Richmond Park, RPH was about 16000, and a single loop route.Really nice event though, not that I'll be entering the ballot for it again! Am thinking next years half marathon might have to be one of the more local ones - there's one in January thats really local, but a few through Feb and March before the Spring marathon season kicks off in the UK.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Still not signed up for anything else, looking at trail events for winter again, really unsure as I'd have liked to do the triple series I did last year but one is the same weekend as another event I'm doing, I didn't particularly enjoy the second and the third I loved but I know I wasn't at my best at work after it.

In the meantime work this week has been difficult, Tuesday was fine work wise but I was still in so much pain walking up and downstairs I was near useless, Wednesday I was in such a foul mood, nothing and noone seemed to be doing what I needed them to and I was struggling not to lose my temper with the team and it was a really late finish, Thursday was far too early a start as I was out at a training day for my work qual, then we had a dinner in the evening and I practically fell asleep at the table, went to bed as soon as dinner finished which is really unlike me (I'm normally up until the bar kicks us out), day off Friday but had a self employed job to do which was really time consuming, then working again at the weekend - not unsuccessfully but certainly still not back at my best.

Hoping today I'll be feeling a little more like I should at work.

Earnings wise I've been ticking over with sb and insta, barely done any surveys at all, but I have days off at the end of the week so hopefully I'll get some done then.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Still ticking over, work hasn't been over busy but I've had a demanding client host to deal with so it's been draining all the same.

Want to walk in to town tomorrow before work to visit Mr L's for some food for my day off, save me having to get up and face the world before I've eaten on Friday, but that means dragging myself out of bed early enough so I'm not so sure how successful my attempt will be!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Claimed a virtual mastercard for £25 via swagbucks, got it this morning and realised I had another £25 I hadn't moved in to the bank, so just logged in and withdrawn the sterling balance of my paypal. So thats £62 in the bank towards this months credit card.

I did a balance transfer and miscalculated the new minimum so for the next couple of months extra payments are going to that card to reduce the balance until it gets to where I intended the minimum payment to be.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Found a reciept I thought I'd lost, so I can claim the try me free offer on a pizza I bought a couple of weeks ago. Only £2 but better back in my bank than theirs.

I've also done some research as I need to buy new winter work tights - looks like M&S might actually be the best value. £4 for three pairs, Mr T is £5 for three. My nearest M&S is on a slightly diverted route to work so I'll try to get there this week before a shift.

Hit my sb target fairly easily, so been doing inbox surveys, doesn't feel like I'm making much progress as none of the sites are close to cashing out but as we know persevring is the only way to get to those all important thresholds.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    While rummaging in a cupboard for a jar to keep my excess coffee in I found the missing ligh bulb, so thats all lights currently working (until tomorrow no doubt).

Had an offer on one of my shpock items, hopefully that will be one more thing removed from my life over the next few days. Also while looking for shoes for the date night on Friday I ended up emptying out my shoe bag and have decided to get rid of alot of sandal type high heels I'm never going to even attempt to wear again. They're bagged up ready to go out to the car so I can chuck them in to a charity shop or clothes bin somewhere.

While out in town the other day I also bought a Christmas present for my Mum, need to pop it in the cupboard with the one I already have for the male creature when he's not around (also need to have a tidy up of the bottom of the cupboard which may take more time!).

Had to change the batteries in both my car keys too as neither of them were unlocking the car until I was stood right next to it, annoyingly I'm sure I had the appropriate button cell batteries but couldn't find them so spent £5 on two batteries, I expect I'll find the ones I'm sure I have tucked away somewhere soon.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    edited 1 November 2018 at 7:52PM
    Options
    Day off. Spent doing what felt like not all that much,

But I've done water changes in both fish tanks (and watered the plants with the old water), one load of washing, hung said washing up to dry, finished a book (on the to get rid of pile), chucked three more items in to the "selling" box - will try to get them listed tonight.

I went to Mr T on my way home from work last night spent £9 on food for todays lunch and dinner, milk, and some snacks. When I speak to the male later we'll decide where we're doing dinner for the two nights after I've done early shifts and my next day off which might mean going to get some more bits for one dinner as he'll probably do the other and I reckon I'll be at work late enough one day to eat there.

SB target met, working on insta and some email surveys.

Cashed out on vypr yesterday so had £5 in to paypal which is now in the bank.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills