Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Booked flights to Scotland, cost more for the weekend than the flights to Tenerife did earlier in the year. Still thats the penalty for last minute decisions like this one.

The male will transfer the cost of his ticket to me over the weekend, and we're discussing how to get to the airport - trains and driving are both an option but I was too sleepy last night to cost both out to see whats cheaper and then discuss which is easier (he always prefers to drive and park whereas I prefer the train when I can!).
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I redeemed for a $80 paypal payment a few days ago on instagc, its the same points value as the £50 amazon I usually go for. It was just paid and I've transferred the currency in paypal to GBP and withdrawn £59, so its definitely better value to stick with paypal redemptions than amazon for the time being.

Also £4.75 amazon from a study I did last month, added it to my gift card balance and deleted the study link from my favourites.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bust weekend, so not had chance to update, ended up going home via fast food places two evenings as I was just too busy to go for my break at staff meal times, and what the kitchen was able to offer up as alternatives when I asked was fish both days (which I don't eat).

So thats £10 spent I hadn't planned on :(

Am having a study day today so trying to focus on maths and english functional skills but struggling. While I'm at it though I have my tablet running s'mores tv on insta, and my pop is running the SB apps - still not happy about their slashing the available points but at least they're quicker to run now so I'm checking vypr more often (and thats paying off in that my points are definitely increasing quicker).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Went out for dinner with some colleagues yesterday spent £25, on starter, steak, and a couple of drinks each which we thought was really reasonable - although next time we think we'll go to a restaurant belonging the the company we work for to get the staff discount to make it even cheaper.

Walked from the males place, to a friends house to check on their dog, and back via Mr L in town where I bought wine, the ready to eat mini pizzas (lunch today and tomorrow), toastie bread and a tin of sausages and beans to have beans on toast for dinner tonight and probably tomorrow as well.

Got a load of washing in to I can get my work shirts washed and ironed, and then will likely do a load of sports stuff as I have a fair bit waiting to be washed.

Planning to cycle to the pool tomorrow afternoon, start to get some proper use out of my new membership.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Swam with a friend which was lovely, although I drove rather than cycled as I had to get elsewhere afterwards.

Remembered this morning that I had activities to complete on a community which ends soon so logged in and finished 10 activities, and found that it's meant to close tomorrow so really glad I remembered! I've already got about £16 of points with them so the extra will be nice and handy once they calculate the value of them.

Managed to hit my SB first target fairly quickly yesterday and today, so have concentrated on instagc, made the 100 bonus points yesterday so then turned my attention to email surveys. Today I'm struggling to get credits for the bonus points so haven't moved on to email stuff yet - I've about an hour before I have to get ready for work so likely wont get close today but its always worth a try!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just managed to cash out £5 pp from vypr and $10 from an app connected to my fitbit. Never too keen on the looks of the balances straight after a cash out so that should motivate me to check vypr more often and move more to increase my fitbit activities to increase my daily points although at an average of 100 points a day it feels like it takes ages to hit the 10,000 points for the $10 no matter how active I am!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Money cashed out has landed in and been bounced out of my paypal in to the bank.

Went for a swim this evening, first attempt with my new tow float, didn't carry anything in it but think it'll actually be more comfortable to swim with when it does have some weight in it - I think I can get to the lake again on Friday so I'll take my phone and blue tooth speaker (I'm thinking I might swim with them in the event to stave off boredom).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The final £5 landed in paypal from my cash outs the other week so has been bounced out in to the bank.

Had a good couple of days on qmee, so have cashed out a couple of pounds from them, will transfer it later today.
    Still waiting for the onepoll money to arrive in the bank.

The male is taking me out for dinner tonight so my shopping this week for my days off was less than £10 - it would have been less but I treated myself to a lazy dinner of pizza last night rather than continuing my freezer and cupboard emptying plans.

So two ready to eat pasties, the pizza, ingredients so I could (and have already) make brownies as a treat, an on offer multipack of crisps, and a piece of reduced cheese. None of them were on offer via the apps so the only cashback is the 1p for the clicksnap comp and the eventual points redemptions on receipt hog, shoppix, shopprize, bigdl and snap my eats.

Plans for the rest of the day include cleaning out the fish tanks - both are in need of a good clean, did small water changes earlier in the week but need to give the filter sponges are rinse through as both filters are seeming less powerful than I'd like.

I then need to go in to town before I head to the males for our date, he's after a new running jacket as someone told him there are some good ones on offer in a local shop - if they have them I'll get him one and I'd been wanting one myself for a while as mine is now paperthin, not water resistant at all and the hi-vis reflective bits have pretty much fallen off, but it is over 7 years old so not entirely unexpected!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Went for a shower and decided to clean the loo and have another go at the stubborn mold in the bath sealant, loo is better but I've been saying for a while I need a new toilet brush and keep forgetting to pick one up.

But I've also kept saying I should replace it with a good quality one - too many of the things I have in the flat are cheap buys that weren't meant to have been kept as long as they have. I have points to spend on the homescan panel, I had been looking rather lovingly at the Le Creuset cookware but given how infrequently I cook decided to order the Joseph Joesph toilet brush instead. It's not exciting or something I can "show off" when people ask why I do the scanning but given it meets my criteria of being decent quality, not stainless steel, and has cost me nothing.

It does rather leave me questioning who on earth pays the full RRP of £26 for a loo brush though?
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    There may be small progress with the male thinking about us living together at some point, over dinner last night he said we should sit down and work out what works financially (yup how sexy is that phrase :rotfl:), then mused out loud that it might work better to move in to mine and him sell his (I rent, for roughly 1/3 more than his mortgage and with council tax over £30 more expensive as a single, on a housing estate with limited parking while his flathas plenty of parking and lower bills, hes an idiot). I pointed out that it makes far more sense for him to keep his secure home, me give up mine, store my stuff for a set period of time while we see if we can live together, save at the same time then see where we stand how we feel.

We'll see how those thoughts percolate through the gravel in his head and see what he comes up with next!

In the meantime I've got three more listings up on shpock, and sorted a bag of old clothes for a charity bin.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills