12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• TwentySomethingGirl
    TwentySomethingGirl Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Wedding Day Wonder
    edited 21 June 2017 at 1:10PM
    Options
    So I had the midwife appointment and heard the heartbeat! It sounds like a little train on tracks <3

The consultant is because of my BMI and she said I should have been told that...

I also had to call up because I hadn't had a date for the 20 week scan which is now booked for 17th July. Apparently the sonographer and receptionist at my 12 week scan should have booked it when I paid for the picture but they said it would come by post.

So apart from some mis-communication all is well this end. Struggling a bit with the heat, I had to leave work early yesterday because of a bad headache and feeling sick and I keep waking up before 6am so I'm knackered!

ETA: Enjoy your holiday Roz! I'm jealous, our holiday isn't til August and gonna be sweltering! Where are you going?

Timeflies, my sickness has eased off dramatically though I was sick this morning, not sure if that's to do with the heat though...
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000 - £140500 JUL19 Moved house Oct19 £230000 £230400 DEC20
  • countrybum
    countrybum Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *** DO NOT DELETE - To update this list, quote the post and remove the quote boxes ***

Recent graduates (who are still welcome :p!):

Jojo_fry - EDD 31st August

Current list:

saver-j - EDD 22 October
    2ba3c - EDD 5 November
    TwentySomethingGirl - EDD 4 December
    Timeflies EDD 6 December
    Roz_V - EDD 8 December
    Countrybum- EDD 13 December

WHEN YOU SEE THIS POST DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES!!!
  • countrybum
    Options
    I'm 15+1 and haven't felt any movements yet. I can't remember when I started feeling anything last time although I did have an anterior placenta so that did affect what I felt.

Glad you've got it cleared up re being consultant led TwentySomething. I'm consultant led because of the IVF and I was born with a cleft lip & palate
  • saver-j
    saver-j Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, how's everyone doing? I am very glad it's cooled down a bit now, really didn't feel like I could enjoy the warm weather. Dread to think what it would have been like if I'd been further on.

I've spotted there's some mothercare expectant parents events on at the moment / over the next few weeks. Anyone been or planning to go? Anyone know if they're any good? I know you get 10% off if you go which might be worth it although we've not made many decisions about prams car seats nursery etc. Think I'm still a bit wary and will probably end up holding off purchasing until after 24 weeks.

I'm also debating nct classes at the moment. Any of you 2nd (or more) timers done these? What did you think?
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    saver-j wrote: »

I've spotted there's some mothercare expectant parents events on at the moment / over the next few weeks. Anyone been or planning to go? Anyone know if they're any good? I know you get 10% off if you go which might be worth it although we've not made many decisions about prams car seats nursery etc. Think I'm still a bit wary and will probably end up holding off purchasing until after 24 weeks.

Just un-lurking to say we went to one of these and it wasn't a hard sell at all and there were talks on prams, car seats nursery furniture and demos. The 10% voucher was valid for a month and could be used online so you're not rushed into using it.
  • countrybum
    Options
    We went to an NCT antenatal course for our first and would highly recommend it. We made some great friend and we still see them regularly 4.5 years on
  • countrybum
    Options
    When are you all thinking of starting maternity leave in relation to your EDD?
  • saver-j
    saver-j Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks penguingirl, really good to know the 10% is valid for a month.

And thanks re nct countrybum, the friends thing is what I've read most about it, but good to hear of someone having personal experience of it.

As for mat leave I'm starting just 1 week before edd, but taking some holiday before that so will be off from 37 weeks I think. How about you?
  • countrybum
    Options
    Tbh, the main reason we did the NCT class was to hopefully meet some friends as we didn't know anybody with children.

As for maternity leave I'm not sure. Last time I took 2 weeks leave then started mat leave at about 38+4 then she was born 2 days later!
  • TwentySomethingGirl
    Options
    I'm planning to go on mat leave a week before my EDD, my boss is letting me carry over holiday so i can use it at the end of mat leave and have less time unpaid.
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000 - £140500 JUL19 Moved house Oct19 £230000 £230400 DEC20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback