I really really want to be........mortgage free!

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Winner!! Wish i had one of those!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    A very very good week this week.

Today I spent £8 yes £8 on a LED bayonet bulb, I'm planning on buying one every few weeks until I've changed all my old bulbs to low energy. When I moved I left low enervy bulbs in the old house but the new house had all old fashioned ones. I did change a few over when we first moved in but am going to make a special effort to change them.

Withdrew all cashback from quidco and tcb today to mortgage, there's bits and bobs coming through every day from my Christmas presents shopping. Will update signature when it lands in the mortgage account.

Feeling very positive today indeed.
  • Cream_Tea
    Cream_Tea Posts: 427 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    That's what we like, positive thinking!
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Lovely day yesterday and very MSE.

Took son to squash lessons had a lovely coffee there total cost £5.60

Went to cinema in a groupon purchased before christmas, boyfriend spent £4 in £land on snacks beforehand ;-)

Total spend for day, less than £10!

Did the dormant bank account search link advertised on one of these forums a few weeks ago and dormant account found and about £21 heading back to me which will go as mortgage OP.

Rang a few companies to arrange survey/quote for solar panels, anyone had any experience if these?
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Went to sainsbury today and spent about 30 pounds on groceries and picked up 3 very good baking tins for a half price bargain of £7.50. I was very pleased with them as my last ones were grotty.

Did our (now) usual dog walk today and stopped at the pub for hot choccies again. No complaint from boyfriend today as it was very breezy today and the pub was very cozy.

I've come to the conclusion that with no eating out and taking lunches into work by grocery bill is going to increase to 150 - 200 per month which I suppose is still good for the 3 of us.

Made a corgette and ricotta lasagne to eat later in the week, enough for 2 days and 2 loaves currently proving. Think I might invest in a breadmaker as I would make life easier. Was thinking about how much nicer home made bread is, I think they usually cost about 40-50p a loaf to make as I buy the good quality bread flour when it's on offer. In fact picked up some really nice wholemeal in sainsburys today for £1 for 1.5kg. Each bag makes 4 loaves. Fresh yeast is free in most supermarkets but sainsbury charge 20p which is enough for 2 loaves. Bargain and very nice of them.

Nice day, all in all. Can't wait until the weather heats up so we can start on the garden, I'm not motivated in the cold!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Sold sons ear defenders in eBay for 7.25 :-), book listed on their has a bid too. I might get into selling my old stuff on eBay, erm actually no I wont!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Updated signature for funding circle.

Will update MFW total soon as I have bits and bobs being saved
  • Wolfie1974
    Options
    Hi,

Just want to say well done and good luck!!

Will follow your progress. :)
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    quidco and tcb landed in mortgage account today :) signature updated wtih total jan op although i may squeeze a bit more in before end of jan.

Funding circle balance updated, its dripping back bit by bit by bit, its going to be a long time before I see that back! I may invest another 100 in a couple of months to liven up my interest again! Currently nobody defaulting but it is their first payment on all of the loans!

All of the switches I did a week ago are starting to filter through. I am so pleased I did it all now although there is a bit of work now getting everything organised in a week or two it will be all sorted and I think I will save about £1000 per year in total!!!!!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Diaries with many thousand posts are depressing me......that's a lifetime of OPing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure