I really really want to be........mortgage free!

Options

Comments

• ourcornercottage
    Options
    Okay my black cloud over the diaries with thousands of has gone and I'm feeling positive again.

We went out for our monthly going out treat with a mere £30 budget and did manage 3 meals, 3 drinks and dessert for 2. It seemed like a real treat and we really appreciated it more.

Updated my funding circle interest and repayments on my signature. No further OP's yet I will make one more later in the month.

Was going to check out m and s account for my savings although they might well be used up very soon as I had my first solar panel company round today to measure up for a quote. I'd be interested to know any one who has had any experience apparently I'm looking at a 4kw system although I currently have no idea what that is til they send me all the paperwork to read through with the quote. Might wait to move savings til I see how huge quote is!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    My 2 month taste card arrived today, my nearest pub is on it so will use it for our next treat night out next month.

Going to write to my mortgage provider to get them to up my standard repayments to nearest £50 on each one (I have mortgage on one property in 2 parts) it will be easier to manage, will be a slight overpayment on mortgage and I won't really notice the difference.

I've listed 11 baby's/kid DVDs on eBay, I really hate ebaying but I'm determined to use my free listings every month and DVDs are easy to list so thought I'd start there. Low reward but low effort and will motivate me to do more :-)

Have been carrying on with organising my paperwork today, it's getting very neat indeed, am going to write a list of renewal dates so I won't miss one again.

Today has been pretty good, and pretty money saving! took son the squash lessons (£5) weekly shop in Aldi (£25.99) listened to norwich City win on radio (free) played with sons christmas presents (free) now watching Harry Potter on dvd (free). I'd say that's a pretty good day. Got panto tickets for tomorrow in the £5 seats so looking forward to that!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Has come to the conclusion that NSD's are really really hard. A big well done to everyone who manages them in a regular basis.

Did manage to have lunch and park for £8.65 today but went to the panto and had already purchased the cheap seats at the back (£5.50 each usually £20-£30 each) so a really great day total spend about £20!

Am getting very inspired reading other diaries :-)
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Ebay, this is why I hate it. Item sold 3 days ago, not paid. Listed a load of DVDs and person sent message saying 2 for £7 buy it now including postage. I agreed (I could prob have got more) so I set a buy it now at a cost of £0.50 for me, set the postage to zero and cancelled the other listing. Now they haven't blooming brought it. Oh it's so annoying!

That's not going to put me off though. I've listed another couple of things and will do so at least once a week.
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Purchased a groupon £10, 2 games bowling for 4 with tcb too. That'll do nicely for next treat night :-)
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    2 more theatre performances booked total of 5 seats £32. Total of £50 spent today very naughty but the arts are good for sons creative development :-}
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Small op made that's 425 for jan :-)
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Great start to the year!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    thanks SJ these diaries are really motivating me!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can imagine, just reading them is so inspiring. We've just had a remortgage approved this afternoon and are about to attack ours with the aim of less than 132 payments to go! Overall that would knock 11 years off the original term so i know that this forum is the way to go to keep motivated. Needless to say my diary will be starting in the coming weeks...
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport