I really really want to be........mortgage free!

Options

Comments

• ourcornercottage
    Options
    Cream_Tea wrote: »
    What's a funding circle? I've not heard that before.
    CT

It's a peer to peer investment company that lends to UK businesses.

It's got risks involved (people not paying back the loan etc etc) and is not covered by the money protection wotsit but it can earn more than sitting in an account if all goes okay.

I invested just 200 pounds with the view that if every one defaults it's going to be annoying but not the end of the world. On the plus side it's good for UK businesses and fun to do and hopefully will make a bit of money.

There are a few other similar companies if you search this site for peer to peer lending it will tell you.
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    The paypal payment of 1p landed in my mortgage account okay. No sign of quidco or tcb yet.

Booked son into dance classes which he will love and purchased some new bargain trainers for 7.99 in tkmaxx.

Free leerdammer from bzzagent picked up today . I'm really interested to see what it's like as I've never had it before.

Nothing further to report
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first funding circle repayment, I'm a bit too excited about this! I hope my first repayment doesn't default!

Quidco and tcb still not landed in my mortgage account as yet. I'm a bit too excited about this too.

Good spending day today £12 in total between us. Had to buy as many clementines as I could carry as we are eating them like they are going out of fashion!
  • norfolkdream
    Options
    Hi OCC,
    Am very jealous of where you live ;) Have you moved there recently or always been in Norfolk?

Nice to see peoples journey from the beginning. Would love to buy a house that needs updating to make it your own. I think that is the only way I will be able to move there.
    Ive got about 5 or 6 years before I may be able to. :( I'll just keep visiting instead :) We went to Blakeney one week, Heacham another week and Wells another week last year. I love seeing the sun go down into the sea :D

Good Luck on your journey, I must say I have a few years where my life was purely frugal and aiming to be MF asap. But now I am more laid back about it, we go out for meals and if I would like to buy something then I do. I have started jogging and had to buy kit etc. I don't feel guilty anymore for buying things. That may be because I am getting so close to the end date. I don't know. But sometimes you have to take a step back and see what it important.
    Its great that your lad is still doing things he loves, I bought my daughter a guitar for xmas and looking to see if I can afford lessons for her. (although she tries to teach herself on youtube!)
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Hi OCC,
    Am very jealous of where you live ;) Have you moved there recently or always been in Norfolk?

Nice to see peoples journey from the beginning. Would love to buy a house that needs updating to make it your own. I think that is the only way I will be able to move there.
    Ive got about 5 or 6 years before I may be able to. :( I'll just keep visiting instead :) We went to Blakeney one week, Heacham another week and Wells another week last year. I love seeing the sun go down into the sea :D

Good Luck on your journey, I must say I have a few years where my life was purely frugal and aiming to be MF asap. But now I am more laid back about it, we go out for meals and if I would like to buy something then I do. I have started jogging and had to buy kit etc. I don't feel guilty anymore for buying things. That may be because I am getting so close to the end date. I don't know. But sometimes you have to take a step back and see what it important.
    Its great that your lad is still doing things he loves, I bought my daughter a guitar for xmas and looking to see if I can afford lessons for her. (although she tries to teach herself on youtube!)

I moved to norfolk when I was 11 on North norfolk coast, I've lived in Bristol for 10 years and come back as I love it so much.

We now live in broadland which is so lovely, I love coming home from work every day! As a bonus as well it's so lovely for kids here and so safe it's just a great place to grow up.

I'm definitely not going to make myself miserable to pay off my mortgage, I'm unhappy with my mortgage amount but not desperate about it so as long as it's coming down I'm happy. Son is doing guitar, dance, beavers and squash this term but he will love it!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Okay, nothing to report back on funding circle as it's actually the 8th that the first payment comes in.

Jobs done today......

Switched buildings and contents insurance, like for like down from £477 To £157 per annum, paid annually to save
    Sky sports cancelled!
    Home and broadband switched to bt going from £33 per month to £22, £75 sainsbury voucher coming my way too, paid phone line annually as it was cheaper! I get bt sports free too, hence cancelled sky sports! Went through quidco and got £14 cashback.
    Paid 2.5k off the credit card and then switched the rest to and 0% for 34 months! Used compare the market and have baby olag Safari coming which will go on ebay!

The topcashback and quidco payments landed in my mortgage today of £15.30
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Switched my current account too :-)
  • smifffy1989
    Options
    Wow sounding very productive and some real savings there that will certainly assist in reaching your goal!
    Start Feb 2013 £148,900
    Initial MFD Feb 2043 --- Target Feb 2035
    Current balance [STRIKE]Jan 2014 £146,652[/STRIKE], Nov 2014 £143,509

:beer:Current MFD Oct 2042 (5 Months Early) :beer:
    2013 OP: £255 / 2014 OP: £815
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    BF overpaid mortgage by £100 today and an extra £0.54 from funding circle today first repayments and nothing defaulted!

Signature updated......
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Had £169.03 sitting around in an old savings account earning no interest at all, account closed and paid into mortgage account!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure