2015: Sell £1000

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    .... this weekend I have started emptying out wardrobes,and it is absolutely amazing how much is hidden in our wardrobes.It's like Narnia :eek:.Really must do something about it :o.

I know exactly what you mean, Saver-upper. Once I start dragging everything out of cupboards and wardrobes I'm amazed how it ever all fitted in there:eek:

I've been on a clearing-out mission for the past 6 months and I still haven't made much headway. Something always happens to make me have to shove it all back again, that's when I think it has magically multiplied since getting it out:mad:

Keep at it. Good Luck:beer:
  • threepenny_bit
    Options
    Please add me in for $2000. I will start Jan 1st till Dec 31st please.
    I am aiming for $2000 as I am in Canada and then allowed for the exchange rate lol!
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • newpennypincher
    newpennypincher Posts: 244 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2014 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Can you please add my name to this challenge? I mean business this year and have a house full of stuff to sell. Please put me down for £3,000 which will go towards paying off debt and building up an emergency fund. This is going to be a full time job :D

Please start me off with £4.99 made this afternoon. Thank you.
    1st card to go - Aq*a - [STRIKE]£1,600[/STRIKE]/ £1,596.99
  • truebluemummy
    Options
    Hi I would love to join this £1000 I managed to sell some stuff today £8 off the mark x
    Make £5 a day April £12.60/£110 (Joined late)
    Surveys 2021/2022 
  • newpennypincher
    Options
    Hello, please can you add another £25.00 to my total, just had another sale. Thank you :j
    1st card to go - Aq*a - [STRIKE]£1,600[/STRIKE]/ £1,596.99
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, please could I join you? I have so much de cluttering to do, this would really help me out. Could you put me down for £1000 please. Thank you x
    LBM 27/12/14.
    January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
    Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! this is a great challenge and I know it's late but can I join in here please? I have been de-cluttering for a while and have a room full of stuff to get rid of as well as some kids stuff which they no longer use. Over the year I'd like to raise 2000, but I would like to get to 1000 by the end of June for my holiday spending money.

Thanks Apple cruncher for the challenge and for keeping track of totals!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Never too late to join! Welcome one and all! Wishing you all a good end to 2014 and a great selling 2015.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • BohemianCoast
    Options
    Right. Well, I'm counting the days after-Christmas-but-before New Year as starting off the new target. For eBay, I'm only going to put 75% of the selling price in my bank because I reckon that the other 25% gets eaten up in fees & postage and so on. Nevertheless I am off to a good start with two eBay sales (some unused posh makeup and the power supply for my dead printer) for a total of £20!
    Make £2023 in 2023: (all decluttering), current total £2860 me, £330 for friends & family, £468 charity donations.
  • BohemianCoast
    Options
    Oh,my.Some people around here are doing soooooo well :T.
    Me?Well,I listed 4 games on Facbookie selling pages before Christmas.All in excellent condition,suitable as Christmas presents,some unopened/unused .And not one sold :eek:

Facebook selling pages vary and some are better than others. But in general I find that my stuff sells except when I over-price it. What's overpricing? I generally find that 25% less than the expected eBay selling price not including postage works well; and that's fair for both me and the buyer because FB selling is much less hassle and has no fees.

If not over-priced, the other problem with the page I use is that it's very busy so people might not spot my post; so it's important to bump at key FB-watching times of day (follow rules on your group about bumping; most groups have limits).
    Make £2023 in 2023: (all decluttering), current total £2860 me, £330 for friends & family, £468 charity donations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure