🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2015: Sell £1000

Options

Comments

• mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, Happy 2015! :)

I woke up this morning to an email from Ebay to say 30% off the final fees for the first three items I list either today or tomorrow. I had one thing that wasn't really the kind of thing you sell on FB (plumbing tool) so I've popped that on. Hopefully it will sell and earn me a few pennies. :D

So make sure you check your eBay emails and accept the offer. :)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • Samiszel
    Samiszel Posts: 610 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spreadsheet has been updated with totals and newbies :)
    Letting Go NST #17
    NSD 1/15; LTW 0/9; budget £0/£250; food £5.20/£120; steps 0/31
    Make £10 per day in Oct: £30/£310

Mortgage: £214,702.15
  • 2015newstart
    Options
    Could I join too pretty please? I made just over £1800 last year by using ebay and local Facebook selling sites. Would like to set my target this year at £1500 which is a massive amount, but we've certainly got the junk to do it!
    £2 sealed pot....continue from 2014 piling them in until termunda full!
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And Saver-upper is offffffff the blocks :D.
    As mentioned previously,before Christmas I listed 4 games on Fb selling pages (thank you all for advice on selling).Today,the first one sold.So £15 to start with,for an as new game of Rummikub (Hasbro version.The couple that bought it said this version is quite hard to get.I didn't know that.I had paid about £20 for it about 2 years ago.)

I had intended to save up all the proceeds of sales I make,but now that I have sold my my first item,I feel abit bad that I am not thinking of giving the money straight to my 11yo son.And if I do suddenly present him with £15 (which he would be thrilled with :j),he might be abit cross that I sold a game he had played twice when he was given it for his birthday 2 years ago,and has ignored since.What to do thinking.gif?
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    Options
    Well,it didn't take me long to decide that the right thing for me to do is to give my son the money.It went something like this: "Jaaaaaaacccckkkk.If I sold something of yours that you don't use,and earnt some money for it,would you be too upset?
    "Mmmmm,what did you sell?"
    "A game.That you don't used very much.Infact,haven't used it for since a couple of days after your birthday 2 years ago....I'll give you the money for it"
    "What game was it?"
    "Rummikub" . Que Jack's confused facial expression as he tries to remember said game
    "No,that's ok"
    I hand over £15,he is thrilled.5yo daughter then asks if she can have some money.I tell her when we sell some of her toys (we are in the middle of decluttering,painting,decorating and re-arranging people between 3 bedrooms),she can have the money too.
    So THAT is what I will be doing with most of the money I make-handing it over icon_eek.gif.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popping in to say that I haven't forgotten the challenge but I'm not back at home until the 7th January so it'll be a slow start for me! I am going to get going soon though!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to join in please :)
    I'm going to aim for £1000.
    I have a long list of things to list so fingers crossed x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • vickyleigh
    Options
    I would love to join please. My goal is to sell £1000, I've got plenty of stuff around the house that we no longer need so hopefully this will go well.
    5p savers challenge #5

Make up to £10 a day challenge: January 2018
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I tell her when we sell some of her toys (we are in the middle of decluttering,painting,decorating and re-arranging people between 3 bedrooms),she can have the money too.
    So THAT is what I will be doing with most of the money I make-handing it over icon_eek.gif.

Sounds like a good plan. It will teach your children to value what they have and really need, and if you can encourage them to save the money rather than spend it on more 'stuff' you'll have done really well. Plus, they'll be uncluttering their own personal areas and everything helps there:beer:
  • 2015newstart
    Options
    First sale of the 2015 for me! £5 on a local Facebook site for a jumper my daughter has grown out of. I've sold some old ps2 games for £4, the guy should have collected on monday but he 'forgot' If he doesn't turn up on tuesday again I'm going to trade them in on amazon for 40p...not great but still pennies in the pot.
    £2 sealed pot....continue from 2014 piling them in until termunda full!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport