Halfords Autocentre, at best incompetent, At Worst....

Comments

• fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just looking at Audi fixed price servicing. A £309 major service doesn't include a pollen filter or the all important BRAKE FLUID CHANGE. All it is is a oil & filter change, air & fuel filter or plugs and a few checks. If you had a regular oil & filter change and an MOT as required and learned how to change your own air filter (dead easy) you wouldn't go far wrong.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    OP - what about the aircon?

Oh, and perhaps Halfords haven't replied to your complaint because they're still reading it?

Seriously, I deal with complaints in my job and, although detail is important, it is better to have a straightforward (bullet-pointed) email than a long repetitive 'ramble'

You deserve better service than you've had, so keep pushing them. (Halfords I think it was....?)
  • If you tell me any part numbers on the sensors, I can tell you if they're from your model of car or not. :)
  • arcon5 wrote: »
    How would broken and missing fuses cause the oil level sensor to activate? Surely it would just break the circuit.

Although Halfords aren't exactly renowned for their service

You'd be surprised what fuses can do..

I once had an Astra 1.6 auto in PX that I ran for a few weeks. Was rubbish car, but it was great for moving bales of straw, plus keeping my own car clean.

Auto box was in limp mode. Took selector apart, cleaned all contacts etc. Made no difference. Swapped selectors from another. No different... Turned out to be the fag lighter/reverse light fuse.

Replaced fuse, gearbox was fine.

Simialr thing with a Fiat Stilo. Came in PX, blower wasnt working. Turned out to be reverse light fuse.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    OP what type of car did you take to halfords, I think I missed it in your summary.

seriously shorten the complaint by a few thousand words and try complaining again if you didnt succeed....I dont know if you did or not as I didnt make it to the end
  • photome wrote: »
    OP what type of car did you take to halfords, I think I missed it in your summary.

seriously shorten the complaint by a few thousand words and try complaining again if you didnt succeed....I dont know if you did or not as I didnt make it to the end

Excellent advice!!
  • Auto box was in limp mode. Took selector apart, cleaned all contacts etc. Made no difference. Swapped selectors from another. No different... Turned out to be the fag lighter/reverse light fuse.

Replaced fuse, gearbox was fine.

Simialr thing with a Fiat Stilo. Came in PX, blower wasnt working. Turned out to be reverse light fuse.
    I had a Montego Turbo many years ago that used to die as soon as the turbo tried to come on boost, turned out to be a failed brake light fuse causing it.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit a wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it
  • dc070667
    dc070667 Posts: 26 Forumite
    nickcc wrote: »
    Too much detail, fell asleep half way through. Most people know not to use Halfrauds, hopefully you've learnt the same lesson.
    I have a 6 year old who struggles to concentrate ?At least you stayed awake long enough to make your pointless reply.:rotfl:
  • dc070667
    OP - do you have an Audi A3 by anychance? Jeez...
    Another pathetically infantile comment.Seriously grow up.:T
  • dc070667
    photome wrote: »

I didn't make it to the end",i never asked you to read it ?.

Why cant some people just move along.I do it all the time.I read something see no relevance in it, and stop reading.Why do you feel the need to still make a pointless reply, to in your opinion an apparently pointless post.Do you do irony at all ?.Think about what i have just said to you carefully.

Seriously get a life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport