Mothers , Where did you go into labour?

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    First contraction happened in my Granny's kitchen having Saturday lunch. Regular contractions started that night at 9pm. Established labour started Monday evening 7.30pm and daughter was born at 2.03am Wednesday morning. 86 hours from first contraction to birth.
    Zebras rock
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    #1 son - hospital induction - Dr inserted pessaries said i was in early stages anyway, despite this staff wouldnt believe i was labouring at midnight - baby born 02.28 weighing 7lb 7oz
    #2 son - waters broke at 19,00hrs as i sat down to watch Return of the Pink Panther, laboured all night,baby born at 09.48 following morning 9lb 3oz
    #3 son - woke at 05.50 with mild cramps, built up during the day as i pottered round house and garden. Took to my bed around mid day. Gas and air only, 10lb 8oz baby born with 3 pushes at 19.28
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    Dd1 - 7 days overdue. started at midnight. She was born 13 hours later and my waters were broken in hospital

Dd2 - 2 days overdue. Went out to the betting shop to do my grand national bets. Came home for a nap whilst DP did some housework. My waters broke on the sofa. I was on the phone to the maternity unit and he was scrubbing the carpet with vanish!
    Meconiom in the waters so had to be monitored but dd2 did not wish to wait and was here 3 hours later.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At work with my twins, it was my last week at work before maternity leave at 33 weeks.

I worked with my Mum at the time, went for a wee and it just kept coming. I went back to our office and casually said 'Mum, what's it like when your waters break' it took her a while to realise why I was asking!

That was at 11am, they were born at 02.16 and 02.17 the next morning by emergency c-section and whisked off to SCBU.

My next birth was a planned c-section, so no labour for that one.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Miss_Moneysaver
    Options
    I was in bed both times. 2am with the first baby and 10pm (sat reading a book) with second.
    With the first, I had got up for a wee and as I went to go back to bed I felt this 'trickle' down my leg...oh, boy did things start quickly! Similar with 2nd baby too.
    Boy 1st/Girl 2nd...seems like ages ago now as 1st is almost 11 and 2nd is 6.5yrs
    Interest rate 1.25%, offset mortgage Woolwich
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went into labour overnight - with my first I woke up at 2am having mild contractions (went into hospital at midday, baby was born at 6.30pm), with my second I woke up at 4am (went to hospital at 9.30am, baby arrived at 11am).
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    With my first i went into labour at 2.10am when I woke for a wee but my waters broke. She was born by emergency C Section at 6.29am that morning.

My second, my waters broke whilst I was driving home from the supermarket at 11.10am. She was born by emergency C Section at 23.05 that evening.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First thought my waters had broken when in the local shop. Then realised the milk bottle I was holding had a leak and that's what was trickling down my leg! For real it was Wednesday at 7am in the morning whilst still in bed.
    Not sure if I woke up and realised or it was the contractions that woke me. Baby was born 8:40am on the Thursday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With my first I was in hospital having been induced (2 weeks overdue; had hoped for a home-birth). With my second I didn't realise I was in proper labour, since my first took so long (21 hours from induction to birth). My MIL was here with my 12-year-old SIL, making me some food as I wouldn't let my husband leave my side. I went to the loo and felt my waters go, then shouted that I could feel the head. Two pushes later the head was out, just as my BIL showed up with a TENS machine because I'd expected it to take hours more and I didn't think I'd be able to cope without anything given how bad the pain was already. My husband delivered her on the bathroom floor while we were waiting for the paramedics to arrive!
  • amyandoli
    Options
    I was at home the first time, waters broke whilst watching tv, induced in the end to get contractions going, all fine, delivered within 2 hours of being induced.

Second time 2 days of contractions at home, felt the urge to push, hubby rushed me to hospital in our car (10 minute drive) but the hospital had to break the waters and she was delivered within an hour of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure