Mothers , Where did you go into labour?

you here about people going into labour on a train or somewhere miles away from a hospital , just wondering were you went into labour?

Comments

• inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    First time at home - went n to hospital that morning for planned induction, only to be told I'd started off by myself, which I thought I had (I'm a midwife). Second time in hospital (induction). It's not usually an issue not being close to a hospital at the onset of labour as things take a while to get established.
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    At home both times. Just went for a walk each time and then came home and waited it out.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I always thought it would be like on the tv, where my waters would break, I would be rushed to hospital and 30 seconds later, my baby would be born. It's no surprise to say I was at home both times, as I was too scared to go out!!!!

In all honesty, it got so uncomfortable towards the end of my pregnancies that I didn't want to go too far.
  • Ellsey
    Ellsey Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Both tines around 9pm at home.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    At home - my waters broke just as I was about to sit on the loo, that sat ngt had Dd at 11.55am on the Sunday morning we joke she was holding out for opening hrs, I was due to be induced on the Monday xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    chanie wrote: »
    I always thought it would be like on the tv, where my waters would break, I would be rushed to hospital and 30 seconds later, my baby would be born. It's no surprise to say I was at home both times, as I was too scared to go out!!!!

In all honesty, it got so uncomfortable towards the end of my pregnancies that I didn't want to go too far.

Hahaha!..I work with pregnant women and I'm forever telling them that it's very rare for women to go into labour in the pub/launderette/market square and to then give birth in full view of everyone, 2 minutes later (not allowing for ad breaks ;))

I had most of my labour at home, I woke at around 1am with mild contractions. I went into the hospital at 11.30pm and gave birth at 2.10am the following morning, so around 25 hours in total. I did go for a short walk a couple of times during the day, I made dinner for everyone and did a bit of ironing to take my mind off of things.

I don't want to scare anyone but I know a woman who had her first baby within 20 minutes of her first contraction, and her second baby was born within 8 minutes. Both were born on her living-room floor and we made her husband an "honorary midwife" (with a badge!) because he bought both babies into the world!:eek:
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • I was at home, in bed when my waters broke. I'm afraid to say that first time labours are longest, on average, and even being a few hours away from a hospital will usually be plenty of time to get there. Personally I could've got to NZ and back in the time mine took! Saying that, averages are just that- average. Plenty of women have very quick births even the first time round, it does happen. You might want to check whether there's a history of quick deliveries in your family, it can be hereditary. If there is, maybe that's more relevant to you than the 'average'. And it's not always easy to distinguish between early contractions and the general aches and pains of late pregnancy either.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Waters didn't break with our first and she was born in the sack, from first mild contractions to birth was 30 hours, our son was born within forty minutes of my wife's waters breaking and after ten minutes of contractions. Luckily my wife has partial paralysis (lucky in this case) so she was hospitalised from 25 weeks, he was born at 29 weeks, if she wasnt already in hospital he would have died.
  • At home, in bed! Just about managed to get to the loo and laughed myself silly.......DS was born in hospital 8hrs later. He was 4 weeks early.

He was my first. Gives me much hope for a second baby and a short labour!

*runs away from all the stares off mums who had very long labours!*

Sorry x
    But I want a golden goose daddy and I want it right NOW!!!!!

Yes Verucca dear. :rotfl:
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    My waters broke in the hospital toilets when i had just arrived at the hospital, it was a tidal wave full of meconium. To the cleaner that had to clean it up, i'm so sorry.!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure