The "Save 12k in 2015' Thread!

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,674 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just made the first payment of £500 into my Nationwide regular saver for replacement car fund for next year. Payment of £250 to go to my Fidelity S and S ISA next Monday and will declare the rest when I know what we are due to be paid at the end of July. I do so hate waiting until the last week of the month for payday :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maria3104 wrote: »
    Just advised slowly fading that sadly the collapse of Wales agricultural commodity prices means I will be required to draw from any available savings to keep our farm. My priorities have dramatically changed.

Thank you for all the encouragement and support. I will be back in a few years when things I hope improve.

Thank you once again.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that things work out well for you.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spreadsheet updated :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs to those who feel disheartened by £0 savings or having to take a break from saving for a while. If it makes you feel better, I'm having an expensive July and it's still 13 days to payday!!! :o
    Less than 4 weeks til due date, and counting :j

Whoop!!! :T
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all, I haven't been very good at keeping up with this thread this year despite loving the motivation I got from it in previous years.

I have had a very expensive few weeks with holidays, big birthdays and a wedding (tomorrow) so I really need to refocus on saving rather than spending. I follow SFs blog and find that really motivational. Tara747 your posts where you declare your total saved over the past few years are also really motivational and I would love to get totals like that too. So if you don't mind I will steal your idea and declare my total too.

My current total savings is is £25,397.97. Over the rest of the year my aim is to get to a total of £30k. With me not working this will be a challenge but do-able if I am sensible (with OHs wage).

SF I really have no clue where I am from when I last declared as some of the money saved this year has now been spent. Could I please start fresh with a new target of £5k?
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • jacqui12_2
    Options
    tara747 wrote: »
    Hugs to those who feel disheartened by £0 savings or having to take a break from saving for a while. If it makes you feel better, I'm having an expensive July and it's still 13 days to payday!!! :o

oh my goodness ebay sales wow ...have you any tips would love to hear x
  • jacqui12_2
    Options
    tara747 wrote: »

oh my goodness and cashback too ..what site please I am a newbie and you are so inspiring x
  • garfield33
    garfield33 Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reporting for July - £172.82, not bad considering it includes holiday stuff, this puts me at £1686.62 for the year - 28.1%. Onwards and upwards for the rest of the year!
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

I got impatient and decided to work out my July figure already and have just submitted via the update form. This month I've saved £559.14. June's figure was a bit lower than usual because my mum owed me some money, I've had that back now so that's included this month. I've also cashed out just under £50 from my cashback account and have bagged up my £2 coins and other shrapnel which accounts for £81 (I haven't banked it yet but have an appointment at the bank on 31st so I'll pay it in then).

Augusts savings will hopefully bring me to target (I'm less than £250 away) but I don't think I'll increase my target for now. I may just sit in the sidelines until later in the year as we've a lot of changes ahead, including a looming residential re-mortgage where I'm hoping we'll secure something which allows unlimited overpayments, so that will be where a lot of our money will be redirected. I do want to try and save alongside this but I'm not sure just yet what my goals are likely to be; my partner contribute 50/50 for all househould expenses, bills, mortgage etc, so overpayments will be based on the lowest maximum payment that can be afforded (I suspect his will be lower leaving me free to save any spare that I have; if that makes sense?!).

I also still want to save up for a new used car, so reaching my goal in here may be a good opportunity to boost those savings for a few months... So many different options!

Anyway, well done to everybody having a good month, and chin up to those who aren't having such a good time at the moment. :)
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • Polkadotsandrainbows
    Options
    Can I join in please? I'm targeting £4000 *fingers crossed* :)
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge
    Initial total (July): 136 Current total: 134 UU:2 TA:1 UU-items-reward-pot: £5

Sealed Pot Challenge 2015 (No. 8) - Member #491 - £12.90/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport