Christmas Menus.

Options
1235»

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Simo429 wrote: »
    Still haven't decided on what stuffing to go with

Has anyone ever tried Gordon Ramsay's Pork, Apricot and Pistachio Stuffing before

I haven't tried that before, but it sounds lovely! Maybe have a trial run before the big day?
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This year im pushing the boat out a bit:D. I have ordered some specials from waitrose (I have never shopped there before) I have ordered princess de galles voillies de supreme which is goosnargh chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse and covered in thin layers of brioche for hubby. im vegetarian so ive got the butternut squash, pine nut and emmental roast for me:T All will be served with jersey potatoes and creamed sweetcorn with strawberries and brandy clotted cream for pudding (these will be bought from morrisons and I make my own creamed sweetcorn) and I don't know if I should get claret or rose wine to drink with it. I hope the waitrose specials will be spectacular the two main I got are costing £41 for both items.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pre breakfast mince pies and tea or coffee , breakfast smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, bucks fizz, lunch haven't a clue yet, but there's only 3 of us, evening meal usually don't bother
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Skintski
    Skintski Posts: 500 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2014 at 9:47PM
    Options
    Normally Buck's Fizz and smoked salmon for breakfast and then we wait for dinner which is normally about 3-4pm. That consists of turkey, sausage meat, pigs in blankets, stuffing, carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn and the good old roast spud.

Pudding for me is normally chocolate log with ice cream. I'm a complete christmas fanatic yet I can't stand mince pies, christmas cake or christmas pudding :(
  • cazpumpkin
    Options
    roast turkey crown, sausage meat stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, petite pois peas, dark green cabbage, sprouts, peas, carrot & swede mash, yorkshire pudding, gravy, bread sauce, dessets are ice cream, christmas cake, mince pies, christmas pudding, trifle, yule log.
  • Tammy86
    Tammy86 Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    We love Xmas so we tend to make a week of it. I've got lots of xmas mags & books and I try to get meals done & in the freezer so it saves time and hassle.

Xmas eve dinner-normally takeaway
    Xmas morning breakfast is always eggs benedict & champagne
    Xmas day starter-Gordon Ramsey's smoked salmon risotto
    Xmas day main-turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts with pancetta, roast potatoes in goose fat, parsnips & carrots in honey with gravy, cranberry sauce & bread sauce
    Xmas dessert-not sure yet, possibly a trifle or something light

Boxing Day starter-Camembert cranberry parcels
    Boxing Day Main-beef Wellington
    Boxing Day dessert-Xmas pudding wrapped round icecream covered in filo pastry & served with brandy custard

Yum :)
    Everyone's recipes sound so nice. I'll have to look for inspiration on the other days.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Our special meals start Christmas Eve Dinner with fajitas which is hubby and daughters favourite.

Christmas day breakfast is cinnamon bagels. Once again a favourite of daughters, with the added advantage of being easy. I used to do pancakes, but that's more hassle than I want first thing in the morning.

Christmas dinner is at my mum's. Not sure if it will be goose or venison this year, but it will be with all the trimmings, and followed by Christmas cake and Wensleydale. We never have Christmas pudding on Christmas day as we are all generally to full.

Christmas evening I am planning this year to do a meat platter, nice bread, crudites and dips, cheese and biscuits, followed by mince pie and a fruit platter.
    I normally make the fruit platter really fancy. Done melon baskets before, and last year I did a fruit Christmas tree. Not sure about this year, but seen a cool watermelon penguin on pinterest.

Boxing day breakfast daughter and hubby will probably want bagels again, but I normally have some of the leftover fruit.

Lunch will be leftovers

Dinner will be a buffet at mother-in-laws.

Then it's back to "normal" meals till New Years Eve, although I will make the most of time off work to make the more time-consuming family favourites I don't have time to do on work days.

New years eve I haven't decided yet, but planning on 3 courses, something that takes a while to eat. We don't normally do anything that noght, but daughter is wanting to see in the new year for the first time so want to make it special.
    Zebras rock
  • sky_bloo
    Options
    It's my first Christmas lunch hosting this year for 5 as we've just moved and have room for a dining table now. Before it would have been lunch on knees in our tiny living room!

Breakfast - Smoked salmon and scrambled egg on a toasted muffin and some bucks fizz, we have the same every year.

Lunch- Turkey, roast pots, parsnips and butternut squash, braised sprouts with pancetta, carrots and possibly broccoli. Also will have stuffing, pigs in blankets and yorkshire puddings. Pudding will be something like a raspberry roulade as we don't do Christmas pudding.

No evening food as we go out to meet friends and just pick at the leftovers. :beer:
    House deposit 15/15k hurrah!

Currently awaiting mortgage decision
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    sky_bloo wrote: »
    It's my first Christmas lunch hosting this year for 5 as we've just moved and have room for a dining table now. Before it would have been lunch on knees in our tiny living room!

Breakfast - Smoked salmon and scrambled egg on a toasted muffin and some bucks fizz, we have the same every year.

Lunch- Turkey, roast pots, parsnips and butternut squash, braised sprouts with pancetta, carrots and possibly broccoli. Also will have stuffing, pigs in blankets and yorkshire puddings. Pudding will be something like a raspberry roulade as we don't do Christmas pudding.

No evening food as we go out to meet friends and just pick at the leftovers. :beer:
    Enjoy having a dining table:)
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
  • Pippapotomus
    Options
    Xmas eve is a chip shop takeaway with my sister and her husband at our house after the panto.

Christmas morning breakfast is chocolates and bacon rolls.

This year my mother in law and I are sharing the cooking of the main dinner. She's an awful cook, most of her food is either raw or burnt. So I will be in charge of the started, prawn cocktail, and the sides for the main. I'm planning: roast potatoes ( doused in goose fat), Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, roast veg, red cabbage, stuffing and gravy. Mil will be doing the turkey. Mainly because we don't eat a lot of meat,so isn't too important, and also last year I left the giblets in so my husband is too scared to eat any meat I cook.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure