Debt busting into 2015, but not beyond!

Options

Comments

• PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Hi PBS,
    That's a long list of stuff :eek: and qualifies very definitely as having a bad day:( and OH away too.
    Don't cry though, Put the kettle on and I'll join you for a cuppa, and you can have a moan at me (am a good listener). Then when you have offloaded you can phone Everest. Re black stuff on iron, sometimes I can get it off by turning iron up to highest setting and putting a wad of kitchen paper towel on the edge of the ironing board and "wiping" off stick stuff - worth a try - the black stuff "melts" and sticks to kitchen paper.

Chin up and soldier on, think about the successes with your de-cluttering sales :T

NOA
    xx

Hi NOA,

Thanks for dropping by and for your words of encouragement. Yes, things always seem better after a cup of tea! I emailed Everest Customer Services, they can ring me back on their buck! :rotfl:
    • Mortgage over-payments to date: = £16,746
    • Original redemption date: August 2043
    • Current redemption date: July 2041
    • Debt: £15,930
    • Savings: £12,430
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Try cola on the base of the iron. It sometimes will lift stuff off. You may need to prop it so that it soaks for a bit - douse a tissue and leave on surface. Just make sure to run the steam through a few times after to avoid cola stains on clothes.

Thanks very much for the tip. Cola really is a wonder substance, except for the teeth!
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    lcc86 wrote: »
    Don't let today affect you too much PBS, you have had way more positives to speak of up until this point! life makes these challenges for us so that we enjoy bejng debt free even more!

You're totally right, of course! I sometimes find it a but hard to hold on to the positives, it is something that I am trying to work on more generally. I know in the grander scheme of things this today was just a blip and things are still on track!
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Today did have some positives.

I managed to not let the stress get to me today nor feed my anxiety. Yes, it wasn't great, but I dealt with it.

I went to my parents to re-print the postage labels and my mother gave us all dinner and had advent calendars for the kids.

The lovely folk on MSE popped by to cheer me up (helped no end!)

I reorganised the parcel collection.

I emailed Everest.

DD is really happy with her Christmas tights.

We had a decent stab at the morning routine and DD even managed to catch the bus (a rare occurrence when OH is away)

I overpaid the mortgage by £153. It is the extra money from the sales this weekend. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so making a mortgage overpayment seemed the most proactive and positive.

The dog has been walked and I did a wash load.

The house is reasonably tidy, so I can sit down and enjoy a film I've been wanting to see for ages without feeling like I should be doing something else :)
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well Done PBS what a long list of positives :T and I hope you had a lovely evening enjoying the film.
    xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Well Done PBS what a long list of positives :T and I hope you had a lovely evening enjoying the film.
    xx
    NOA

Thanks NOA -I watched it tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle and I really enjoyed it!
  • PiggyBankShaker
    PiggyBankShaker Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 2 December 2014 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Did really well with the morning routine today, both kids out of the house on time with no problems. Very pleased with that!

So far today has been an NSD, however I really ought to buy some fresh bread for the kids packed lunches tomorrow. I can't actually leave the house though as I am waiting for the courier to come and collect the parcel. It also means that I can't walk the dog either. But no excuse not to do a wash load, so I've done one.

I have also, finally, got around to arranging a courier for a return parcel that I have been delaying since JULY! And of course, when I actually got around to doing it it was very simple. So I am very happy to be ticking THAT one off my list!

I have agreed to do two mystery shops this week, one on Thursday and one on Friday. They are really simple and pay £8 each and I will get paid on or before the 25th of the month.

I have listed 2 items on ebay as well as the 5 items I agreed to list for my parents.

The people are due to come and collect the other ebay sale today, I'll try and pop into the bank tomorrow to pay that in.
  • PiggyBankShaker
    PiggyBankShaker Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2014 at 8:41PM
    Options
    What a manic morning! I am only now sitting down with my first cup of tea of the day at 11.30!

No shopping done yesterday after all so that was my 1st NSD for the month. However, needed some food bits today.

£2.00 - sausage rolls
    £1.30 - bread
    £1.00 - spread
    £3.00 - fruit
    £2.00 - pizza
    £1.00 - DS nativity show

£10.30 (but used 79p price promise voucher so...)

Total = £9.51

The morning routine didn't go very well today. So DS was 30 minutes late to nursery, DD missed the bus and I had to drive her to school and she was 10 minutes late.

I got into work only to find all the computers in the office were down so I come home via the shop to save an extra trip. I returned a library book that's been hanging around for a while and I paid the last of the ebay money into the bank.

I need to have a quick whizz around the house then go to the school to see DS in his nativity show.
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    The item listed on eBay last Friday has just had two bids on it. It still has a a day and a half left to run and has 14 watchers. It's currently on £8.00 and hopefully it'll go up a bit more it ends.

Ended up buying a pizza for tea so an extra £2 spent, although it is only £1 really as my Mum gave me a £1 for no reason earlier. She also gave the kids their dinner again tonight, which was very kind. She also gave me a Glade Christmas candle, again for no reason.

I didn't get around to doing my tidy up whizz earlier, but I did walk the dog and have a shower. I'll do the whizz before bed as I have a friend coming over after work tomorrow and I'd like it to be tidy.

I also found a source of free wood today, which I am super chuffed about. We installed a woodburner about 4 years ago and are always on the lookout for free wood to burn. I'm going to send OH around to collect it when he gets home.

I transferred the £100 ebay money over to the mortgage as an overpayment. So total overpayments for 2014 stand at £840, might just make my £1000 overpayment target before the end of the month!
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Fairly productive day today. Did two wash loads. Gave the back yard a bit of a tidy up and planted up some heather and cyclamen that I bought about a month ago. Than I had a good tidy up inside and walked the dog. This evening I did dinner, bathed the kids and listened to DD doing her reading homework.

I might have had an even more productive day except I had to spend about two hours playing hunt the car keys. DS had hidden them under his bed, again.

I needed to do a bit of shopping so no NSD today.

£1.78 - sanitary products
    39p - bleach
    £1.99 - oxyplus laundry powder
    £1.99 - kindling

Total = £6.15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors